200 lbs to lose

Hi all, firstly- congrats Buffy and good luck! I was a size 34/36 in baggy stretchy clothes a few years ago and the Dr estimated (not sure how accurately as his small scales and math were all we had) that I was 30 stones and a bit. ( I suspected I was more than that at the time tbh. I am now 21.9 stones there about, so I need to lose about 200lbs. Always had a weight issue too.
Seems a HUGE number and the Dr's are like chocolate teapots where I live with helping me out. VLCD for a while.
Good
luck to all of us x :)

tummybum
good luck with your weight loss so far thats great well done x x x

Hey Chez! I agree its good to chat to ppl who have the same journey we all have here. I said thia at my class when a girl had lost 10st but was promptly told it doesnt matter if someone has ten stone or half a stone to loose its the same battle..... I accept its a battle and whether u have half a stone to loose or 20 stone to loose its still important to that person, however I have nothing in comon with someone who is half a stone over weight or 2 stone whatever. It is different and we have different issues as well as some of the same. I didnt mean about how the person feels about themselves as I like buffy said above probably have less hang ups about my body as alot of people who are half a stone over weight. I was by no means trying to trivialise the journey of a person with much less to loose. Phew offy glad I got that off my chest!!! For me personally hearing that someone has lost a stone in a year is fantastic for them but to hear some one lost ten stone in a year is motivating. If I thought it was gona take me 10 yrs to loose 10 stone id quickly give up. Do you all get me? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I completely agree with you - please continue to rant away. I think it's hard to lose any weight, but when you have the kind of weight that takes 2 years to lose, it's such a longer (and so harder) journey. Morbid obesity is different to losing a few pounds. Not only is it about controlling the addiction or demons that led to this place, but it's also about physically eating less for a long time.

I weighted myself on Satruday (usual weigh day is Monday) and I lost 1 lb. I was happy with that especially as it's not the full week! Because I weigh so much i have to use boots scales. I have 2 stone to lose before I can use my scales at home. When that happens it's going to be a good day as I wont have to plan my weigh days around work and social life.

We all know we should weigh ourselves the same time every week and I do prefer 1st thing as you weigh the least.

Last week was good and amanged to eat well over the weekend. I went out for brunch on Sunday but ate before I left so only had hot chocolate. Didn't feel like I was deprived despite my brother in law's fry up :rolleyes:

At lunch I am going out with work colleagues but have already found a salad that looks really nice.

Well done - keep up the good work. :D

Well done Buffy. I WI tomorrow not been so good this week :( im glad u all get what I mean. I dont wanna trivalise anyones weight loss but 2 stone and 16 stone are very different!! Xx

debs i get you hun x x

well done buffy so proud of you hun x x x

Yesterday a random woman on the bus gave me the name of her dotor who had helped her lose some weight. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me this year (first time was in Sciliy when someone tried to sell me her diet pills). Do you these kind of things happen to other people?

Good luck with the weigh in today Debs!

Hi All, just wanted to say i totally agree with the differences in people who have a little to lose and those who have a LOT to lose like us. It's not just about the length of the journey but for me it about the habits I've had since I was a child, I was a big child, at 15 I was 15 stone and have hovered around 20 stone for the last 8 years. I don't know who I will be when I've lost the weight, I've always been the fat girl so when I'm no longer fat what will I be like. I'm going to have to rediscover myself and that is the biggest difference for me from someone who has a couple of stone to lose.

hi natty
now that is so true we have to get to know this new person and our other halfs to its like there going to have a new person in there life and i know for some people its hard for them to adjust
and well done on your loss love you have doing great x x

Hey chicks, how are you all today?? I put on 1.5lbs this week but that's ok with me :) I will have weeks where this happens as sometimes life gets in the way. I just have to stay in control and slowly it will all come off. Hope you are all having a good week xx

good positive attitude!

Has your overall weight loss started to make you feel better? Focus on this rather than week on week results x x

hi debs
good luck for next week love x x x

buffy 5lbs is amazing well done you love thats fabbbbbbb x x x :happy096:

Well done Buffy x

Thats great buffy. Very well done. I went to the italians on sat :( was delish though :) Then I had chinese last night. I havent used many syns during the week as I have been filling up on soup and cream soda rice pudding with fruit so I should be ok. Hopefully even 1lb off would be great xxx :eek:

bit of a milestone - I managed to walk a mile yesterday and it didn't kill me. In fact I quite enjoyed it.

Well done! next stop 2 miles :)

Back