200g of veggies is LOADS

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
I made up a spinach/leek combo this morning to go with my 2 boiled eggs.

It seemed like too much, it's loads.

*Uber full*

Yes it is loads. I either don't have that much or I split the allowance and have it in 2 bits. So I sometimes have some cucumber sticks as a snack and then some cooked veg with my meal. Come the warmer weather I will have salad more than veg I think. Hopefully come the summer I will have finished this diet but some of the principles I will be using in maintenance such as eating more low carb green vegs / salad and losing some of the things that made my salad choices previously high in calories (dressings / mayo / pasta options).

Knock knock can I come in? Just thought I'd post this. It's exactly 100g of chicken and 200g of veg. No I didn't manage to eat it all lol

Attachments

• image-2716694945.jpg
    image-2716694945.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 196
This seems to be a very sensible way of doing things, adding the veg/protein/extra pack, and now the milk too.

Still some food to fill you up, and maybe learning about healthy food at the same time, so cuts down on going nuts of food when you finish

Yes, it is a lot but it's making me so much more aware of my choices and hopefully will influence me for life. I'm currently eating a 200g salad made of- 100g altogether of cubed cucumber, celery and shallots, with 100g of romaine lettuce leaves. With some cubed chicken in it, really lovely, dried herbs and ground black pepper sprinkled over. I've yet to get to the stage when I can not eat everything on my plate, I know if I were 'allowed' extra I would eat it too. So the limit is great for me. And knowing I can make a really nice meal so quickly is good knowledge too, previous choice would have been beans on toast or supernoodles for quickness so it's good knowing I can make this!

I love beans on toast - without a word of a lie I ate beans on toast with 2 slices of cheese EVERY DAY when I was pregnant. Meal of champions!

I love beans on toast - without a word of a lie I ate beans on toast with 2 slices of cheese EVERY DAY when I was pregnant. Meal of champions!

It was my lunch every day for most of a year, with an occasional ham salad sandwich, while I was on Rosemary Conley. I lost a lot that year, but by the end I was soooooo bored. 2 thin slices wholemeal, no butter, portion pot of beans. Thats it. Since then my portions have crept up.... would now be 4-6 thick slices multi-grain, thick marg, with a full tin, then pudding! Yeek.

Ha! 2 slices medium wholemeal, whole tin of beans and 2 slices of low fat cheddar (42g), When I was on Slimming World and pregnant and I didn't put on hundreds of weight.

:( I don't find 200g of veg that much. It's ok, but not loads. Boooo, I'm a pig obviously.

It is loads as salad for certain. Other veggies can be heavy...

weasey said:
It is loads as salad for certain. Other veggies can be heavy...

That's why then! I don't like salad veg so don't eat it very often. Usually eat mushrooms or broccoli.

Yeah, totally depends on what veggies you choose. The thought of eating 200g of lettuce fills me with horror tho! :)

200g of mushrooms is almost a whole wee punnet!

I had some with my spag bol. Om nom noom

Do you really not like any at all Starlight? Surely there must be some that you like? They're a really good education for preparing for maintenance.

My dad eats no veg whatsoever, never has. And he is healthy as a horse! Lol

I know people say it's cooked weight of veg, but nose nutritional values are for raw so I weigh all my veg before cooking. What do the rest of you do when cooking veg?

Most, not nose! Lol

I weigh all mine before cooking but know that the ones I use are a bit lighter when they're cooked so I generally add a little more so up to 250g of raw weight. When I've weighed what I've cooked afterwards it's come to 200g so that's how I judge it now as you generally don't want to cook things you don't eat :)

Back