2010 - FAIL; 2011 - SUCCEED

LindaLEM

Well, that was traumatic. Just said goodbye and thanks for all the support on the LT thread/diary I had from last year.

Yup, for a while LT was my friend and the only thing that was allowed in my kitchen cupboards. This year, or at least two weeks ago, my husband and I (and we're not even royalty) decided that enough was enough and off to Weight Watchers we went.

Tomorrow will be my second weigh-in. He's working away all next week so there's a fair chance I'll be under-eating all week - he does the cooking you see. Marinaded chicken with steamed veggies is the speciality of the house. Next week it'll probably be tuna and salad, but hey ho!

Wish me luck for tomorrow night and I'll keep you posted, whatever the result.

Regards Linda

:DGood luck with the weigh in...:D

LindaLEM, have just been reading your diary on LT and want to wish you every success on your new venture with weight watchers....I am new so am starting LT tomoz but wanted to say I loved reading your story on the other threads and know you will do well whatever programme you follow. You are soooooo strong, motivational and so so funny...good luck and all the best x

Goodluck on your WW journey :)

Good Morning Vietnaaaaaaam!

It is actually early evening in Pudsey, home of the one-eyed bear but it doesn't sing as well as the other greeting.

So, damn you virgin media, broadband is not as reliable this week for some reason. I've certainly lost pounds (£) this week but unfortunately only managed half a pound off at weigh-in. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My counsellor suggested that I have been under-eating! And she can see my wobbly bits!

Hubby has been working away all week so have really been under-eating, however have been over-drinking to drown my sorrows. I have spent the last two days at a scientific meeting which was extremely well catered for and last night at dinner the table next to us was laid but no-one came, so we took delivery of the spare six bottles of wine. Well, it was in with price and it would have been rude not to.

This ensured that I had to have a Danish with my morning coffee to regain my ability to stand up for more than a minute and sit down without falling asleep. Goodness knows what strategy she will want me to try next week. Probably sticking to the plan, tracking every morsel and generally losing weight not heart.

With bad behaviour in mind, tonight I shall be mostly eating Salt n Pepper king prawns and drinking Chardonnay because lamb and sheep comes to mind. Till Monday - as long as the broadband stays functioning.

Keep strong everyone xx

Oh the meal sounds lush! Enjoy tonight and then back on track ASAP! ;)

food does sound good... and so does all that wine :D hope you're having a good weekend xxx

Don't you just hate it when people don't react the way you expect?

There I was, quaking in my Fit Flops, ready to be weighed and suspecting the worst - a gain - and my counsellor didn't bat an eyelid or venture an opinion when it showed I had put on two pounds.

This is the miracle of Weight Watchers. We are not condemned or ridiculed or made to feel guilty because this losing weight is hard you know.

Quite looking forward to this week now and even planning my victory dance for next Monday.

Keep strong y'all xx

Hear ye, hear ye, roll up for the diary entry before the weigh-in. I've been a good girl this week, honest. To the extent that last night I swanned around Leeds in a pair of size 16, I repeat, size 16 skinny jeans that were baggy round the waist. I know, out on a Saturday night and it wasn't even a special occasion although we did dine at the restaurant where we had our wedding reception last March, and we had champagne to boot. He's off working next week and I'm visiting the folks in Scotland for a few days from Tuesday so all fat hell will no doubt break out. Anyway I'm hopeful that my poor showing of the past few weigh-ins will be reversed by tomorrow. Or else!

Night all, Lindy x

Now I'm not religious but tonight the hand of someone lifted my belly up far enough to make it look like I'd lost three and a half pounds and this was confirmed by the lovely Natalie, a miracle had taken place. And yes, I did a little victory dance.

Finally it is all clicking in to place. Food is good as long as it is good food. Weight watchers is changing the way I look at food just like the adverts say. If this keeps up I'll end up in the Christmas pre-pudding advert.

So this week I shall be in the bosom of my family in Scotland eating hot and cold smoked salmon with free veggies and hopefully the odd lobster and as long as I drive everywhere no whisky. That will be the only hardship. But what's a wee dram when my @r$e is disappearing?

The proof of the pudding will be next Monday, see ya then x

Yay! Another pound gone. Excellent, considering I have had the famous Scottish hospitality shoved down my throat all last week. I'm so pleased I went to my weigh-in before I went to Scotland as it has stopped me getting complacent. It has also made me not use being on holiday an excuse to pig-out, like I have done previously.

This soul-searching stuff is grim, shame it's not on the school curriculum.

Now for this week. Hubby is working away all week again so it's just me and the dog, salad and tuna and a hopeful spring in my step.

Keep the faith xx

Well done Linda and you being away on your holliers and all !!!!!!!!!! . Thats excellent . We are heading off for two weeks in August and if I arrive back with 1lb down i'll be jumpin round the Garden :D. You are right insaying you can eat really well on WW as long as its healthy food. The few drinkies are difficult though (had a bit of a slip up this week with a bottle of wine !!!!!!!) but used my weeklies and down 2.5lb today !!! It does work

Hi :) here to follow x

Back