1 cup diced onion
1-1/2 cups long-grain rice
10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chillies
1/2 tsp. salt
14.5 ounces chicken broth
4 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
In a deep pan, preheat oil at medium heat. Incorporate the coarsely diced green pepper, onion and crushed garlic cloves. Sauté for about two minutes.

Stir in the rice and cook for about 5 minutes until slightly browned. Add in while stirring, the salt, pepper and cumin. After a few seconds, incorporate the chilies, tomatoes, water and chicken broth into the mixture. Bring the liquids to a boil, cover, and let simmer over low heat until the liquids have been absorbed (about twenty minutes).

Stir before serving. Serve and enjoy while still hot!

Will be doing this recipe.. you think its okay?!
xx

defo its a good recipe let me know how it goes... xxxx

woop :D

looking forward to doing a meal for first time lol proper meal anyway

will be going over the fat percentage but one off too cook for the OH to say thanks for alot of things :) xxx

At the end of the day Steph as long as you tinker around with the other meals you can have a higher percentage of fat in the 1 meal ....it doesn't have to be 15g per meal all the time it could be 15, 10 and 20.....enjoy your meal hun have a wonderful night :):)

thank youuu :)

did amazingly well with the meal!

can't believe i did it lol first proper meal i've ever cooked and the OH was stunned haha :)

totm of this week just waiting for it urggg.. so no weight loss yet. but will measure inches once i come off TOTM..

xx

Glad the meal went well thats fantastic :)
I am always cooking ......at least I know what is in my food then :)

Fingers crossed for you hun xxxxxx

seems a good idea tbh!

and thank you hun xxx

frustrating me really.. because its my last stone. it just doesn't seem to be budging :'( starting to get me down now! xx

you have done so well and that final hurdle is hard work as its uphill....but it will budge eventually......don't get down about it as that stops you losing weight.....try not to think about it and it will happen when your least expecting it !! :):) xxxxx

Thank you I needed that :)

Just annoying I'm getting closer to holiday (June) and feel nothings taking effect

But I'll try not too think about it as much

Thanks again xxx

chill out and relax you will get there. don't put too much pressure on yourself :)

Well done with the cooking chick. You've made me hungry for nandos! Lol
you sound like you've been doing excellently, Junes still a while away too, that's plenty of time!

Thanks ladies!

Yeah the cooking was a great achievement for me :)

And thanks just need to keep telling myself it is a while away yet sigh! Xx

Hey Girls!!

Right So Abit About Me.:D Im 28 Years Old Living In Birmingham. Just Recently Got Married, Oct 2010 To Be Exsact. Im So Desperatly Trying To Loose Weight With No Luck.:mad: At The Same Time I Have. Wait For It.......Pcos:mad: Which Dont Help At All. To The Lady Do Xsenical Diet How Did You Loose So Much Weight..Well Done

Hey chinyboo!

I also have pcos! Well did.. I started sept 09 with cysts on my ovaries and up to now have lost 4 stone with gaps of no dieting ...

Xenical really helped me loose weight as it boosted my weight loss and kept me on the straight and narrow!

I'm on my last stone to lose and have no more cysts on my ovaries and no other signs of pcos ! :D

Are you starting xenical?!?

The bet way is to stick to the fat rule of no more then 5g of fat per100g in food.. Total of 15g per meal

I could show you y old diary when I first did it .... All the food I ate is on there and exercise I did etc xxxxx

thanks Rach!

Right well had a good weekend .. mainly weightwatchers or asdas good for you range... either way i've stuck to the rules all weekend at the OHs thats a good achievement! :D

Well its paid off along with the first two weeks off 30 day shred...

As i finally lost a stone WOOOT!

now my weight is at 10.4

Oh to be at 9st for holiday! think its more achieveable now though!

Hope everyone is well :)

WELL DONE Steph well chuffed for you :woohoo:

Thanks ladies :) sticking to my 30 day shred well! And the diet so hopefully will lose another stone before June! Xx

yay positive thinking I like that :) xxx

Back