Step 1 Sole Source 2013 - the year I become slim

Miss_C

Hi, was advised to join this by my Cambridge Consultant to help motivate me. I done Cambridge at the end of last year and was doing well, unfortunately I fell and tore the ligaments in my leg and was advised to come off Cambridge to let my leg repair itself. I am not back to my starting weight pre-Cambridge, 14st 7lbs :( so I am starting over again, starting today and hopefully by the time I go in holiday (8 weeks) I will have lost at least 2st :). My overall target is to be 10st but right now I will focus on my holiday weight (smaller goals at a time hehe).

Welcome to Minimins Miss_C!
You will get lots of support here :) I hope your leg is now better and you are having a good first day! x

I am having a good day so far :) dreading the sore head which I got the last time in day 3. The leg is recovering thanks, day to day stuff is fine, exercise aint as easy though lol. x

You'll get there! Exercise is to be kept to a minimum first few weeks anyway so thats a bonus for your poorly leg lol. Drink lots of water to help curb the bad head :)

This is my 3rd time on CWP, lost 4stone back in 2008, fell pregnant which was an absolute blessing as I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (massive factor to my constant fluctuating weight) and slowly gained the weight back :( Started again last year but had to stop due to financial reasons and I was devastated because I was totally in the zone. Had some major upset over Christmas which lead to lots of emotional eating and gained some weight back, so here I am again! Just finishing day 19 and am in the full swing of things, no hunger, no headaches, feeling so much better! Lost 15lbs by day 16! I think after week 2 you are over the hill and on your way!

How did you do before and what brings you back? xxx

How did

Hello

I'm starting cd tomorrow for the second time! Just like you I had to stop before Xmas due to financial reasons and then it all went down hill! Feel so angry with myself that I put all the weight back on! I know I can do this diet if I go through all the stages! I don't want to just get to target and then think I can eat normal again! Im so determined to do well this time! Good luck to you all! It's an extremely hard diet and I'm going to be on here all day for help!!! X

Hello

I'm starting cd tomorrow for the second time! Just like you I had to stop before Xmas due to financial reasons and then it all went down hill! Feel so angry with myself that I put all the weight back on! I know I can do this diet if I go through all the stages! I don't want to just get to target and then think I can eat normal again! Im so determined to do well this time! Good luck to you all! It's an extremely hard diet and I'm going to be on here all day for help!!! X

Good luck Meggy! Have a look at my diary, the link is in my sig at the bottom of my posts. I don't expect you to read every post from the very beginning because you'd be there forever lol but check out my first post and then skip a few pages until you reach my restart around the 22nd of April. You should see as I posted that I struggled but I have now truly seen the light! Have a read :) I hope it inspires you, that would mean a lot to me x

Sherrie you have done so well already! I hope I get good results like that!!

Thankyou! x

How are you getting on Miss_C? x

Thank you so much for replying! I will defiantly have a good read of your diary! Need as much help as possible! I know I will be able to stick with the diet but just terrified of eating after and putting it all back on again! My problem is keeping the weight off! You look like your really into it and doing well! Can't wait to read your diary now. Have a good week x

Hello miss c

How are you getting on? I'm also doing this diet second time round! Done really well before Xmas then I stopped doing it and stupidly put all the weight back on!! I also want to get to ten stone! It's my first day today and so far so good! Just can't wait to see the weight drop off again!! But hopefully stay off this time! Good luck! X

Thank you so much for replying! I will defiantly have a good read of your diary! Need as much help as possible! I know I will be able to stick with the diet but just terrified of eating after and putting it all back on again! My problem is keeping the weight off! You look like your really into it and doing well! Can't wait to read your diary now. Have a good week x

Its hard to begin without a doubt but its sooo worth sticking to it and staying 100% true to the plan and yourself. The results speak for themselves! I find personally, that if I was to cheat, I would fall off the wagon totally, I find it so much harder to get back on it so its actually easier for me to avoid food 100%. This makes me a little worried about going up the steps but I think by then I will be so appreciative of chicken and veg I wont really feel the need to wonder off track lol! x

Hey, I only got to week 5 last time and was approaching the 2 stone mark so really gutted that I had to stop. But back on it now and hopefully no more disasters and I can get to my target :D I also have PCOS, so far only diets I have found that work are low carbs which is why I am going for Cambridge lol.

Yeh my consultant told me only to do leg, bums and tums in my first 2 weeks, so going to go to 3 of them this week :) x

Hey! I am going great thanks :) had a sneak peak of the scales today and looks like 5lbs down (in 4 days woohoo!!) hope this keeps up lol!! How you getting on? x

Thats brilliant Miss_C well done! Over a pound a day, can't beat that! :D

PCOS is a b!7ch isn't it! Lol! I'm the same with carbs. Last time I did CD, on the 3rd week when I added a bar a day, I lost 2lbs which was low for me and we put it down to the slightly higher carb content in the bars. So for week 4 we cut the bars down to every other day instead and I went on to lose 6lbs that week, I just slowly added an extra bar in each week after that to even it out and my losses averaged at around 4-5lbs a week :)

I used to go to Legs, Bums and Tums and I loved it. Enjoy :) x x x

Hello Sherrie

Well im meant to be doing housework while my little boy is sleeping but instead i have been reading your whole diary from start to finish!! and YES it is very inspirational!! thank you so much! you have been through so much! and still plodding on! cant believe how positive you are and your losses are fab! i feel so determined at the mo and i know its only 2nd day for me but i have woke up feeling very happy and dont want to cheat at all!! when i was reading your diary and you were saying that just after a couple of weeks your jeans were getting bigger etc! thats what keeps me going! i just cant believe how quick this diet works! i remember when i done it last time that every morning i woke up and looked in the mirror on the landing i felt thinner! it was like a daily loss!! i love it! being slim makes us all so happy! you make me laugh how you keep weighing yourself! im exactly the same and my husband tells me off for doing it! it just keeps me going! i really hope i can do this right to the end. I have never done this diet right the way through the stages so this time i want to do SS till i reach target weight then do all the other stages so i know what im meant to eat etc! my weight is very similar to yours! im about 13.12 now and i want to get to 10 st!! when do you think we will reach that goal?? hope your day is going ok today. I have some ketosis sticks so im going to check tom if im in ketosis! i usually get in to it quite quickly!

Hello Miss C

Well done on your losses! lbs is fab already!! your doing so well! i love reading peoples losses! makes me feel so much better.
Hope your day going well too.

Meg

Hello Sherrie

Well im meant to be doing housework while my little boy is sleeping but instead i have been reading your whole diary from start to finish!! and YES it is very inspirational!! thank you so much! you have been through so much! and still plodding on! cant believe how positive you are and your losses are fab! i feel so determined at the mo and i know its only 2nd day for me but i have woke up feeling very happy and dont want to cheat at all!! when i was reading your diary and you were saying that just after a couple of weeks your jeans were getting bigger etc! thats what keeps me going! i just cant believe how quick this diet works! i remember when i done it last time that every morning i woke up and looked in the mirror on the landing i felt thinner! it was like a daily loss!! i love it! being slim makes us all so happy! you make me laugh how you keep weighing yourself! im exactly the same and my husband tells me off for doing it! it just keeps me going! i really hope i can do this right to the end. I have never done this diet right the way through the stages so this time i want to do SS till i reach target weight then do all the other stages so i know what im meant to eat etc! my weight is very similar to yours! im about 13.12 now and i want to get to 10 st!! when do you think we will reach that goal?? hope your day is going ok today. I have some ketosis sticks so im going to check tom if im in ketosis! i usually get in to it quite quickly!

Thankyou :) The results are pretty much immediate which is a huge help on this plan as it can be tough! I am already feeling slimmer after 3 weeks, and even I can see a difference in the mirror, its so worth it!

We are around the same, I weigh 13st 9lbs and my target weight is 10st so realistically we should get there by end of Aug beginning of Sep if we go with the average of 14lbs a month. Not long at all is it!!! But even Step 810 is an average of 12lbs a month so if you get complacent with SS then move onto SS+ (even lower calories than 810) and see how you get on. Dont ever feel guilty for moving up a step as the losses are still amazing x x x

Last edited:
Thanks for that advice! If ever I feel that I can't carry on then I will give that a go first before giving up! But I know I'm not going to give up!
That's great that you feel that much better after 3 weeks! I just want to wish the weeks away now! So you reckon all being well we might get to goal weight end aug/sep!! Can't wait! We both have the same to lose! I have been using packets of shakes that I had left over, but I'm seeing my counsellor (is that what we call them?!) tomorrow morning! I think she will weigh me then and start from there.
Are you going to try and do soul source till you get to target weight?
Hope you had a good day with diet.
Catch up soon!

Thanks for that advice! If ever I feel that I can't carry on then I will give that a go first before giving up! But I know I'm not going to give up!
That's great that you feel that much better after 3 weeks! I just want to wish the weeks away now! So you reckon all being well we might get to goal weight end aug/sep!! Can't wait! We both have the same to lose! I have been using packets of shakes that I had left over, but I'm seeing my counsellor (is that what we call them?!) tomorrow morning! I think she will weigh me then and start from there.
Are you going to try and do soul source till you get to target weight?
Hope you had a good day with diet.
Catch up soon!

Dont wish the weeks away! If you look at the journey as a whole rather then small hurdles you might lose focus! Take each week at a time. Also set yourself mini goals. If you look at my signature at the bottom of my posts, you will see my mini goals. It gives me a real boost every time I smash through a mini goal, and slowly but surely, the more you mini goals you achieve, the more you should start to believe in yourself and find yourself reaching them without even 'trying' and then you will be at goal!!!

Yes end of Aug if we go by the average of 4lbs a week/14lbs a month for SS. But then thats just the average, some people lose more then that weekly! I am going to do SS for at least 6 weeks and see how I feel after that. I would like to be at goal as soon as possible but I would also like to be able to start having a social life soon whilst feeling confident, so I guessed after 6 weeks I should have lost around 2st (Im hoping!) and then I could move up to SS+/810 and start joining in on social events more where food is concerned. But, if I get to 2st lost and I still feel a bit frumpy then I will carry on with SS. I am so very much in the zone at the mo that I can see myself doing SS until goal! We shall see :)

I think they are referred to as consultants rather then counsellors but I suppose in a way they are counsellors aren't they! x x x

Great idea about mini goals! You are an expert at this! Thanks for all the advice! I really do appreciate it! Consultants ! That's it! I thought it didn't seem right putting that!
I hope I stay in the zone throughout!! It's early days for me but I would love to do ss till target weight and then go through the stages! Will have to weight and see. I'm ordering 21 choc mint shakes tomorrow! They are the only ones I enjoy! Might try the bars in a few weeks. I hate the soups and porridge! So fussy!
Speak soon
Xx

Back