2013 the year to lose 100lbs+, 19lbs gone exactly 100lbs to go :D

AHHH what an amazing weekend! You've had your first, unprompted compliment! You opened up to your friend about the diet AND you avoided a Chinese! As well as making some awesome decisions in McDonald's! SO IMPRESSIVE!

You first weigh in tmrw is going to awesome!! Roll on next week! XXXX

Well done on your weight loss! Half a stone gone already. Your weekend sounds great fun and you did so well resisting the mcdonalds. Cant wait to see your official weigh in result tomorrow!

Well done Hun, amazing :)

You are an inspiration :) well done, really!! I'm excited about your weigh in tomorrow too, you just got to keep yourself in this amazing headspace...oh and your friend will join you too in their own time, when they see your losses...keep giving gentle encouragement and I hope for both of your sakes he joins you. His eating sounds like my oh, when he was on night shifts for Xmas he'd go every night with a bag if cakes, biscuits, bags of sweets...it's really sad. But I hope in his own time he realises what he is doing :) good luck for tomorrow chick x

Official weigh in and a loss of 6lb :D I'm happy with that and im going to blame that pesky alcohol for it not being 7 lol but hey woo hoo 6lb gone.

Today has been good so far had a shake for breakfast and then had to go food shopping which i survived without adding any rubbish to the trolley the only extra thing i got was some go ahead chocolate thin slices so all in all a great start to the week. Lunch i had some crackerbread with some cottage cheese and then a pack of the go ahead slices they are quite yummy. Water intake still going strong aswell. The rest of the day i need to finish unpacking the shopping and then a quick tidy up before getting the kids. Not sure what dinner is going to be tonight I fancy salad with some chicken but it's so cold i may have to check out the recipe book for something hot.

Hope everyone is doing really well today and bundle up it's bloody cold outside :D x

I think its good to have a healthy 'naughty' thing in the house, like those chocolate thins, at least when your craving you can get a fix but not do too much damage!

I love the shape choc yoghurts, they feel massive and are only about 100cals! and soooo chocolatey!

6lbs is not too bad! lovely start! :) :happy096:

x

Wow 6lb in your first week that's amazing!

Congrats madmuppet, 6lb is a great loss and you managed that with a night out and a mcdonalds too! Here's hoping you have another great week

Thanks everyone :D

So last night i was good had a egg salad which was yummy but then about 11 had a attack of i must eat everything in the house :sigh: so ended up having a tub of houmous with some bread sticks aswell as 2 packs of the slices eek i wasnt even hungrey and had reasoned with myself for like over a hour that i didnt need anything so afterwards felt really **** about myself this is where in the past i would get up the next day and carry on eating as i felt bad but have resolved that today is a different day and to put it out of my mind also have decided i cant have even have healthy treats in the house lol its early days though so perhaps when i have been doing this for a while i can relax that abit but for now im going to keep all healthy snack things to a minamal in the house with the exception of fruit and yogurts.

Today is going much better last night is behind me and have started the day with a chocolate shake a coffee and a bottle of water :D
I've got loads to do this morning but first im going to do half hour on the wii fit before cracking on with some housework and then this afternoon i've got my cleaning job before picking kids up so abit busy but busy is better then sitting on the sofa :)

Keep strong people we can do this xx

Well done Hun we have all been there! You have done the right thing. X x

There must have been something in the water! I got an attack of the munchies at 11pm too! and the only thing I had in was a diet ready meal so ended up having 2 meals :( not the best ay!

New day anyway! Drowning my sorrows with fizzy water! x

Thanks Jayde, lol Laura atleast it was a diet meal and not pesky biscuits or chocolate :)

Had a alright day yesterday after breakfast did the wii fit and burnt of 396cals in a hour not bad and i enjoyed meself :) struggled again yesterday evening though had a lovely salad with some ham and cottage cheese but later on had a yogurt and some crackers not the worst thing and not many cals but i wanted so many other things lol I'm hoping its just a phase but i think im going to have a jacket spud tonight with some salad and see if that makes me feel that bit more fuller.

Today has got of to a great start had a banana and bottle of water for brekkie and once i dropped the kids at school did the wii fit again :) 300cals burnt and 30mins jogging done feeling good. the rest of the days going to be spent sorting out the washing and boys rooms lol and you never know may just jump back on the wii fit later.

Have a great day everyone x

lol Im actually jealous! I bet it is SO motivating to see exactly how many calories you have burnt! I wish I knew! you just sort of guess with swimming. plus I do aquafit which can be soooo much more energetic or it can be less lol depends who you get and whos in the class!

You made good choices so dont beat yourself up! I would class that as an excellent day! and another excellent day today!

amazing start to the week!

x

Grrr Ive sinned :(

Well after such a great start to the day I've well and truly blowned it since :sigh:

All planned went out the window after the postman came,I opened a letter for my OH by complete accident, it was from the hospital thats treating his depression and just outlined his meds etc but stright away i see that they have upped his meds twice since the last time he told me as well as given him sleeping pills now dont get me wrong this is fine but why hasnt he told me not only this but i know that before his last appointment last week he had stopped taking them unless i mentioned had he remembered to take them (he has a habit of forgetting it wasnt meant to be nagging him and i thought i was being helpful) but not only that when he came back he never put his meds in the cupboard and said he would remember if they were in his van. It's not that i dont trust him but and a big but why have them in his van, i know deep down he's not taking them as his mood is pants but not only that he has never once said he had sleeping pills so cue head into overdrive :(
My OH has a long history of depression and i wont go in to all the details but he's been in the worst place before and then just before xmas he was there again only this time thankfully was going to the hospital every few days the thing is he said last week that everything was going fine etc (he never fills me in what so ever and im still at a loss as to how he truly is feeling except for what i have seen on his medical notes which arent great) so now im lefted thinkinghes just going along to get meds and then storing in his van i know this might not be the case but i would be a whole lot happier if they were in the cupboard so 1 i can see if he's taking them and 2 atleast i know where they are and how many there is for the obvious reasons. Anyway this started of the binge cycle and down went 4 mint chocolate bars and 3 mince pies total atleast 1000 cals Not happy with myself can see why i did it i suppose as thats what im used to and just couldnt get stuff out my head but now i feel like all the hard work ive put in has been for nothing (i know it hasnt i can claw this back but those thoughts arent going to help tonight) and all i want to do is be able to have a open convasation with OH without him thinking im nagging or having a go at him when all i generally want him to see is my concern and how this affects me aswell and how every day he goes to work and im stressed if he isnt back on time and the later he gets the worst i get but this isnt going to happen as he thinks everything is fine and if i do bringit up he gets in a mood and im scared to say anything incase it just makes everything worst for him urghhh so tonight is depressing and sorry but this was the only way to vent when all i want to do is open the box of thortons that are still sealed and eat the whole lot till im ill but deep deep down i know isnt going to help me or my waist line let alone my mood.

I think i need to try and go to bed and switch off but i feel its going to be along night of tossing and turning and sighing whilst watching OH sleep and wondering just what the hell is going on in his head if only i could crawl inside his mind for a bit perhaps it would put my mind at rest and show me im just overthinking and over stressing it all failing that atleast i could call and reserve the padded cell (i know its not a joking matter but thats all i got at the mo and i do realise just how bad it gets for people so please no one be offended )

:sigh: thats it for tonight i could ramble away for a age lol but im not going to.

Here's to a better brighter day tomorrow x

Ohhh madmuppet, I seriously feel your pain. You are in such a horrible situation. I can only say things that you already know, it will get better, but only when he wants to address the issue. However, you need to feel better about things and you cant tip toe around him forever. I would suggest asking him one morning if that evening the two of you could set some time aside to discuss some uncomfortable things, say that you know that neither of you really want to talk about it, acknowledge that both of you will probably be upset by what will be said but that neither of you can move on until you do talk. Speak in an even and unpatronising tone and push the point that you dont want to argue or tell him what to do but you do need to understand.

That is the best advice I can give. It wasnt until I recognised that I was destroying my parents life as well as my own that I changed and sought help, and tried to get better. In getting better, my parents had to change too, as they were 'enabling' me. You may have to adjust, but you will probably find the changes easier to live with than someone severely depressed.

I really hope things look up for you and that you get the answers you need. Please dont waste energy being angry at yourself. I know that is very easy to say and very difficult to actually do! but it wastes so much of your energy. You have years and years of bad eating patterns and learned behaviour that you are trying to break. It sadly wont happen by week 2. You have to expect some fall backs. But you are strong. Tmrw your going to wake up, form a plan and get on with it.

Good luck lovely and big hugs XXXXXXXXX

Hi laura thanks for your kind words :)

I havent spoke to OH yet but its on the agenda for the weekend i havent found the right time or myself in the right mood to bring it up but i will do, yesterday was a day completely off diet i think im looking for a STS this week at best :/ and the cold really isnt helping its like living in the freezer at mine and thats with the heating on, i have struggled with drinking water as just to cold and as for food all i can say is thank god the box of thortons is still sealed as everything else seemed to get eaten yesterday even as i was bingeing i knew i was only destroying my hard work i cant blame that on anyone other then myself so over the weekend im going to try and sort out a meal plan for next week closer to a slimming world plan and see if i can get though the evenings abit better.

Still no snow here yet just really cold (im wearing gloves inside lol as my fingers are sooooo cold) as much as i like the snow the coldness is doing me in no amount of heating is working as there are just way to many draughts coming in this house its annoying hopefully though there will be snow by tomorrow so i can get out with the boys and have some snow fun, we always rope all the neighbours in and have a giant snowball fight its awesome lol.

I have decided to start a fat to fit money jar for every pound i lose im going to match it with money and save up for new jeans etc :) on another thread i saw someone doing the same thing except that when they gained they put in £2 i think im going to have a seperate jar for the gains and that will be to treat the boys with and also give me even more incentive not to gain as otherwise im going to be broke :D
Other goals carry on with the wii fit everyday for atleast 30mins, in febuary start on the 30 day shred (omg it killed me the last time so much so i lasted 3 days before giving up), lose 2 stone by june for my birthday and hopefully have new jean size by then :)and also try and find a cheap exercise bike for febuary as on a programme the other night it said that if you used a exercise bike for a hour a day for a year aswell as eating properley you could lose up to 4 stone!! if thats not a incentive to get one i dont know what is :D

Hope everyone is doing great keep up the great work and stay warm x

Morning Hun have a great day x x x

Well done for making those incentive plans you can do this!

Evening everyone hope your all keeping to plan and if not hope your enjoying yourselves lol :)

I made the hairy bikers cottage pie for dinner yesterday and it was lovely everyone enjoyed it and didnt even notice i had made it with quorn (i forgot to get the mince out the freezer and had some quorn in there so tried it with that instead and it turned out great ) really nice and will definetly be making mash potatoes with the creme fraiche again.

Today has been abit of a pants day in general, Woke up and we had no snow :eek: I think we are the only people not to have it and was so looking forward to having a giant snowball fight with the boys and the neighbours. Me and hubby are barely speaking so it has been a quite day but it hasnt helped my mood have felt really tearful and its getting to me how i cant speak to hubby (he just refuses to talk) so while he spent the day from the moment he got up on the pc playing FB games I cracked on and sorted out our bedroom which was in need of a major tidy/sort out. So all clothes have now been sorted and hung up in both wardrobes all last traces of xmas bits have been put back in the loft, all the boys clothes sorted and hung up in their wardrobes and the place cleaned to within a inch of it's life the only thing that still needs doing is the pile of socks need pairing up but i think im going to bribe the kids into doing this tomorrow :D

Food for today has been quite good aswell i have relaxed abit and i dont feel the need to binge which has been nice as i was fully expected a rubbish day with my mood.

1 Banana
1 small bowl of shreddies
5 wholewheat cream crackers
5 crackerbreads with tuna
2 malteaser bunnies (whoops :p)
and i think a hot chocolate and muller yogurt in a mo.

Over all if i was reading this in someone elses diary i would think its good so im happy :)

Tonight im going to try and finsh the first part of a cross stich kit i have started and not picked up this week it will keep my hands and mind busy. Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Hope things get better with hubby it must be hard. You don't look like you have eaten much at all today to me! I fancy a Malteaser bunny now though lol x

I love your money jar idea!! might try that myself! I should do it with smoking too! as I am a recently ex smoker, who keeps relapsing when alcohol is involved :p

I would say that today has been a pretty amazing day over all! Good food and SO productive round the house! You got loads done and with the kids at home and hubbie not helping! amazing, Im trying to be productive too as my house is a tip!

Sorry about your hubbies mood, nothing to be done really! Chin up and try to not let it get to you as there really is nothing to be done if he doesnt want to speak to anyone!
xxxxxx

Back