2015 and It's Now or Never!

Fantastic - what a great feeling!

Whoop. Well done!

Thanks very much guys!

Sunday 3rd March 2013

A great start to the day with that lovely surprise...gave me just the right boost to stay on course. Haven't really done much tho', just enjoyed posting on various forums and generally lolling about.

I had planned to put in my new digi box but anything tech or electrical gives me the heebyjeebies! I will most probably leave it till my courage is better and/or I can get someone to help me!

Cooked two pieces of salmon yesterday and had one for meal then and made salmon cakes for this evening. Unfortunately my cooking skills these days are just about zilch and they were not very tasty at all... filled the gap and went down well with some cabbage and carrots and a smidgen of Thousand Island sauce.
Calories 1212 Carbs 134 Fat 32

Am totally over the moon today!! Did my usual daily weigh and to my amazement I am back to 14st3lb!!.. Yeehah!! .. :bliss:
YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!! :D

I had planned to put in my new digi box but anything tech or electrical gives me the heebyjeebies! I will most probably leave it till my courage is better and/or I can get someone to help me!

Cooked two pieces of salmon yesterday and had one for meal then and made salmon cakes for this evening. Unfortunately my cooking skills these days are just about zilch and they were not very tasty at all... filled the gap and went down well with some cabbage and carrots and a smidgen of Thousand Island sauce.
Calories 1212 Carbs 134 Fat 32
I am the same with electricals ... I fear I get them into a horrible tangled mess!! LOL. I love love love salmon :) yumm

Monday 4th March 2013

Slow start, felt really dozy but then that's quite normal for me..
Massage and Ear Candling this afternoon.
A couple of women at the swimming last week said that the process is to put a wick in the ear and set light to it! Sounded really macabre and was wondering what I had let myself in for.. :eek: .. Actually turned out that it is a beeswax hollow straw that is put in the ear and is quite painless.

ear candling - Google Search

So all went well and am hoping that it will help me to sleep better without my nose getting so stuffed up as soon as I lay down.

Called in it Aldi and bought a couple of things..one of which was a small bar of choc!!! Calories maintained at reasonable level however by dint of having just a small sandwich for my evening meal... Very naughty! .. :copon:

Last edited:
You deserved a treat hun - Ear candling sounds interesting - I have never heard of it before :)

You deserved a treat hun - Ear candling sounds interesting - I have never heard of it before :)

Thanks but tbh my "treats" are far too frequent methinks!
I had never heard of it before either. I was Googling it yesterday and was very annoyed to find such a lot of very negative and derrogative statements regarding this treatment. It's so typical that any alternative treatments are poopooed all the time just like it was with reflexology etc. in the past which is now used by many doctors.
I feel I have had a better night and I shall be having another session next week... anything that will help clear this congestion at night. I tried all the usual.. steam inhalants, nose drops and the dreaded nose strips... :rolleyes:

Tuesday 5th March 2013

Such a lovely sunny day... really for energizing...and the view of the park is wonderful. I would soo miss that if I ever have to move from here.

Swimming this afternoon was great and had a great chat with a couple of women that I have got to know there. Then a 5mins in jacuzzi, 15mins in steam room and 5mins in the sauna...quite exhausted...but pleasantly so.. :party0019:

Menu was well in the calories limit. 1153 Carbs 127 Fat 49

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a lovely day :)

Certainly did Caroline.

Wednesday 6th March 2013

Had a good sort out in my bedroom..at least that's what I intended to do..:rolleyes: .. I did at least put one or two things into a charity bag and another one or two into rubbish. Also found that I had 1 pair shoes, 1 pair sandals and a pair of slippers..all brand new and in the boxes..which I had completely forgotten about.. :D
Very pleasantly surprised at being able to keep on my feet for an extended time today.. that's such a change for me and tbh I really enjoyed it. Beats sitting and dozing off in the afternoon.
I actually started out trying to find a missing shower curtain ring. Thought it might have dropped in between the bits and bobs but didn't find it. I reckon it will turn up when I am least expecting it to... :whistle:

Planned menu yesterday went well apart from the fact that I didn't end up eating everything I had logged so I have changed the calorie count.

Had a great day even tho' nothing terrifically stupendous or exciting has happened... Yay!!

Thursday 7th March 2013

Today started off well.. full of zest but as the day went on I got more and more tired and rather depressed. Rather strange that everything that I had on TV turned out to be quite sad. .. :sigh: .. However, managed not to give in to having a doze in the armchair but researched finding a curtain maker in Norwich as I just cannot find online any curtains with a bedspread to match in the colour that I want.
Soo, believe it or not..that has been my entire day, apart from stopping for lunch..and a snack.. and a very naughty "tea time"...2 cherry scones with butter to be precise...That just leaves me a banana and a milky drink for tonight.
Calories 1242 Carbs 217 Fat 30

Saturday 9th March 2013

Not a very nice day, very overcast with flurries of snow this morning and quite a bit of snow this afternoon. Began to feel a bit peed off but then these sort of days do make for that feeling of gloominess, don't they?

Made another fruit cake today but only put in a third of the sugar that was quoted. I feel a good lot of fruit has it's own sweetness anyway. I shall slice it up and put in the freezer very promptly so that I am not tempted to gorge it all in one go! .. :eek:

Diet has gone very well and am pleased that I have not strayed especially with my being just a twee bit depressed. Still have a dessert to eat for supper..Banana + Icecream 2oz + Fromage Frais 2oz Yummy! .. :drool:

Calories 1237 Carbs 154 Fat 42

It's been cold and snowy here too - a nice day to snuggle up in a blanket and watch tv. You are really good baking - also obviously have more will power than I - I don't think I could trust myself to let it get cool enough to freeze before wolfing it down.

Found you !!!!

So pleased about that Nelli! .. :D

Monday 11th March 2013

WI today.. lost 2lb!! Yeehah!!

Massage this afternoon followed by another Ear Candling.
Have felt a wee bit better this last week so will keep the EC going for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Tesco for some shopping..fruit and bread mainly.
Bitterly cold today and the wind was enough to cut thro' you. Snowing again most of the time as well.
Gritter lorry went past me on the way home.. can't have done my car paintwork a lot of good but then..it has to be done!

Bought a ready meal..Tesco sweet & sour chicken with rice and put in microwave as soon as I got home. Stopped me from picking at things.

Calories 1257 Carbs 201 Fat 29

Last edited:
Tuesday 12th March 2013

A very enjoyable day. Swimming this afternoon with the following obligatory jacuzzi and steam room visit. A lady in the steam room helped me work out why I never seem to get far when I swim and apparently I am not co-ordinating the strokes at the proper time. Glad somebody has helped me with that and I look forward to being able to put it into practice next time.

Diet has gone well yet again... did have a passing thought to "treat" myself to a bit of chocolate whilst I was in the co-op post office but managed to resist. A couple of digestive biccies and a cuppa was just as nice when I got home.

All's well that ends well... and have had a phone call from my friend to go round for a cuppa and chat next week... :happy036:

Back