2015 and It's Now or Never!

Thursday 30th January 2014

Miserable wet day and very gloomy..such a difference from yesterday!
Back not too good and I have come to the conclusion that when that happens and my feet and hands are really cold as well and won't warm up it is better to take things very easy and relax as much as possible rather than keep on the move. Started off by doing some odd jobs but soon realised I was beginning to feel rather unwell so rested for the most of the afternoon. Did manage to sort out a bit of my cupboard where I keep the odd things like mustard, baking powder etc. and found a sachet of Instant Whip which, in my usual "waste not want not" mode, made it for my dessert this evening, and I have some items like vanilla extract that I tend to buy for a particular recipe then never use it again..

Phoned the council as my neighbour and I were rather concerned that a lock has been put on the loft door which is in the communal hallway and usually we are advised when anything is being done. Council man says there is no record of this and will be sending somebody to investigate it... you never know what people get up to these days!

Pleased with my menus for the day:
Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 1/2 Tblspn
Lunch - Pro Femme Powder 18g + Soya Milk 230ml & Decaf Coffee with sugar 5g
Dinner - Cheese 50g + Eggs hardboiled 2 + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Instant Whip 19g + Milk 150ml + Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1223 Carbs 97 Fat 50 Protein 65 Sugars 60 Fibre 7

Evening!

I love the "waste not, want not" and whip sounds yummy.

That lock thing does sound fishy.

Your track very precisely. Do you use MFP or figure it all out on your own?

Evening!

I love the "waste not, want not" and whip sounds yummy.

That lock thing does sound fishy.

Your track very precisely. Do you use MFP or figure it all out on your own?

I do use MFP but even then investigate other sites to check the validity of the entries which quite often have been well off.

Thanks for the comments Mel.

Evening Em,

I noticed that -- I guess there aren't moderators checking the listings people add.

Evening Em,

I noticed that -- I guess there aren't moderators checking the listings people add.

There is a posting regarding this and apparently it would be a near to impossible thing to do. It's really up to each individual to do it according to how meticulous they want to be... Me?.. I like to get it as near as poss but even then nothing is spot on is it?

(I was about to give you a link from MFP but that's against Minimins rules)

You can PM it or friend me on MFP. I have the box on my profile on Minis full site. Thanks for that.

Friday 31st January 2014

Really cold, miserable, gloomy and wet day and I feel the same!!

Managed to make a pie with some stewed damsons that I have had in the freezer for some time and needed to be used a.s.a.p. Turned out soo delicious that I ate a good half which makes my total cals and carbs unmentionably high.. :eek: .. but at least it's cheered me up.. :D

Phone call to say my pacemaker op is set for April 15th.
I had a look at this being done on Youtube which was very interesting and I must confess I was a bit nervous about the whole thing but now having seen the procedure it's not as bad as I expected.

So that's the gist of my whole day and hope you all had a better one than me.. :)

Evening Em,

Friday 31st January 2014

Really cold, miserable, gloomy and wet day and I feel the same!!

Managed to make a pie with some stewed damsons that I have had in the freezer for some time and needed to be used a.s.a.p. Turned out soo delicious that I ate a good half which makes my total cals and carbs unmentionably high.. :eek: .. but at least it's cheered me up.. :D

Phone call to say my pacemaker op is set for April 15th.
I had a look at this being done on Youtube which was very interesting and I must confess I was a bit nervous about the whole thing but now having seen the procedure it's not as bad as I expected.

So that's the gist of my whole day and hope you all had a better one than me.. :)

What's a damson -- some sort of plum? A day a week off plan by a little is often recommended.;)

Oh that's what helped DH decide to do LASIK -- our friend posted a video of his op on YouTube and DH thought, "That's not so bad."

April 15 -- not too long. Where will you have it done and how long will you be in hospital?

Evening Em,

What's a damson -- some sort of plum? A day a week off plan by a little is often recommended.;)

Oh that's what helped DH decide to do LASIK -- our friend posted a video of his op on YouTube and DH thought, "That's not so bad."

April 15 -- not too long. Where will you have it done and how long will you be in hospital?

You're right about the damson but it's a small plum and rather less sweet than a normal plum. I used to have a tree on my allotment which was really a sapling when I took over the plot but when I left it was quite enormous and it bore oodles of fruit.

I find Youtube extremely helpful on lots of fronts. Amazing these days how many ops etc are available to watch.

My op will be at the N&N. It is quite common to be done on a 24hr basis, in one day, op and then kept overnight to make sure everythings working okay and home. Knowing past experiences and my medical history, plus the fact that I live on my own I wouldn't be at all surprised if I end up being kept in for 2-3 days. At least I shall be on a proper ward (she says hopefully!) which won't be as bad as the last visit.

Oh Emm - I am so impressed that you were able to watch the op - I am such a coward I wouldn't even be able to look, far less follow it up by actually going for it. Well done.

Have a good weekend.

Oh, you'll need to watch some episodes of Prison Break. ;)

Morning Em!

Fingers crossed our sun lasts!

Saturday 1st February 2014

Very pleased to get out today... sometimes I get quite claustrophobic being indoors.
Off to Morrisons for lunch where there was a queue a mile long and hardly moving.. :sigh:
Had lasagne for a change but it wasn't very tasty and extremely salty.
Tesco for a few groceries and then home again where I promptly fell asleep for at least two hours...oh..and I did scoff a large bar of fruit and nut choc which wasn't very nice either so I guess it must be me that's a bit off..
confused-and-unsure-smiley-emoticon.gif

Evening Em,

I got out long enough to get my brows done and run an errand. Your day was much more exciting.

That picture you posted on your album is beautiful!

'Growing up' album.

Ah..yes! Sweet memories... my blonde hair was "terminated" when I was about 8yo by getting chicken pox, eczema and measles all at once which covered me from head to foot and I had to have my hair completely shorn off which then grew back dark. I have some lovely photos of me when it was at the half stage mark of growing back but I don't know how to transfer them to the computer .. at the mo'.

Back