2015 and It's Now or Never!

Afternoon Em!

I'll see if I can see your albums. Those photos do sound lovely.

Sunday 2nd February 2014

Very late up again today but that was to be expected after another bad night. :sigh:
Really need to get into a better routine that's the problem!

Not done anything much apart from rewire an extension lead... it's a wonder I haven't had a fire as the lead was attached to my tumble drier which on an odd occasion I have left running when I've been out. The wires had come loose and had literally welded the wire to the pin! Yikes!!

Booked to go and see "I can't dance" thinking it was a musical but as it's a Harry Hill production I'm not keen on that sort of humour so I've cancelled it but have to lose 50% of my money which I think is a bit steep. Must remember to read the small print in future!

Must get my eating under control as well. I've finished off the damson pie I made which should have lasted at least for eight portions.. cals & carbs too, too much. I'll def get back to it tomorrow as it's beginning the new week with a fresh start.

Evening Em,

Lucky catch on the wonky wire.

I've done that -- bought tickets to something then realized it wasn't what I expected. I try to read reviews now.

Gosh Emm you were lucky with that wire ! I don't like Harry Hill humour either to be honest.

Hope you have a good night tonight. Catch up in the week.

Nelli x :)

Em saw this on FB -- had to laugh!

image-1316614144.jpg

Emm saw this on FB -- had to laugh!

View attachment 123006

Aww! Such a shame .. but someone had to lose!

Monday 3rd February 2014

WI day.. 190lbs.. that's the damson pie talking I guess!
The "waste not want not" idiom often backfires on me as I usually scoff the lot and pay for the consequences which really isn't very helpful in the end... and that saying comes from Benjamin Franklin in 1772.

Benjamin Franklin born on January 17, 1706 in Boston United States was an author, printer, political theorist, politician, postmaster, scientist, musician and inventor. He participated in the founding of the United States. Yes he said Waste Not Want Not.

Back on track today for sure.. no more pounds are gonna pile on!! Deffo!!

He also said, "Make love to older women because they'll be grateful.". Misogynist, he was.

I wrote a few papers on him - back in the day!

How tall are you, Em?

Love that one Mel.. could possibly be true come to think of it!! :rotflmao:

I'm 4'11".. why?

You posted your weight -- if you were as tall as KateR or Caz it wouldn't be too bad.

We're not overweight... We're under tall. (My mom was 4'11, my sister H is 4'10 and my sister J is 5' -- if you fluff her hair! I'm 5'4" -- if I fluff mine. My sister E is about 5'4 1/2" -- she and I are giants! LOL).

Monday contd...

At last cleaned the racks in my shower which had become positively disgusting.. I tend to forget them until I get in the shower again.
Sorted out my OU files which I found quite hard.. all that work I did.. :sigh: .. but no good holding on to it all. I do still have all the EMAs on my computer. Took me ages to shred all that paper.

My D Sandra phone today and she and her husband are not at all well at the mo'.
Told her I wont be going over in June as I had thought to do as I will wait and see how I feel after my op altho' tbh it shouldn't prove to be of any problem.

Kept to a good diet which I am very pleased about.

Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 1/2 Tblspn
Lunch - Cheese 32g + Apple + Tom. Chutney 1 Tblspn
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Breaded Cod Fillet + Carrot 70g + Cabbage 100g + Tom Ketchup 30g
Supper - Danone Dio Raspberry Yogurt 160g
Extra - Milk 120ml + Milk Pdr 30g

Cals 1275 Carbs 150 Fat 35 Protein 62 Sugars 123 Fibre 24

Evening (or morning) Em,

I tried to shred on the 15th of the month -- to try and keep n top of it. But I know I still have of paperwork to go through (my DH is dreadful with keeping every scrap). Sigh!

Evening (or morning) Em,

I tried to shred on the 15th of the month -- to try and keep n top of it. But I know I still have of paperwork to go through (my DH is dreadful with keeping every scrap). Sigh!

I'm afraid I do that as well..I did my OU course in 2012 and kept all of my notes and exam papers even tho' I have them saved on my computer..just another part of being a hoarder!

Tuesday 4th February 2014

Up quite early this morning for a change.. 7am to be exact and I didn't go back to bed either. Had one very quick doze this afternoon but apart from that I've been quite busy.

Had a Tesco delivery in the afternoon and I like my kitchen to look neat and tidy before it arrives as they come in and put everything on the worktop for me. Very helpful service that. :D

Done lots of odd jobs which doesn't feel as if I've accomplished much but they all needed doing. Very pleased that my back hasn't been a nuisance.
Diet has gone well again and was pleased to see that about one pound has gone already... altho' looking at the graph that I keep I'm now where I was at the beginning of last November.. :sigh:

Breakfast - Bread 1slice + Butter 5g + Eggs poached 2
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Cheese 25g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Breaded Cod Fillet + Cabbage 110g + Carrot 84g Tom. Ketchup 40g
Supper - Finn Crisps 4 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1301 Carbs 103 Fat 63 Protein 66 Sugars 44 Fibre 18

Evening Em,

You're one pound better off this week than last -- progress!
Well done and getting up and getting things sorted early.
I'm a hoarder -- I really need to work on this.

Wednesday 5th February 2014

The day started off with lovely sunshine but then turned wet and windy...at least it was forecast.
Fairly good night and up reasonably early.. Another of those days when I seemed to have been busy but just doing odd jobs. I did spend some time searching for a pattern to make a nightdress. One thing that I hate paying a lot of money for is nightdresses so I'm going to make a couple myself. May as well get some use out of my sewing machine.. in fact I'm eager to get started on them. I think the best place to go will be the shop in Magdalen Street for the material. I've bought a second hand pattern off e-bay as new ones are so expensive these days.

I need to clean my oven and sort out the mound of trousers that I keep saying I'm going to do but never seem to get round to it...and they are strewn over my bed in an untidy heap.

Good diet day altho' it's been a mixed up one due to having had a very early morning snack which I've counted as breakfast and that has made me feel quite hungry all afternoon.

Breakfast - Crumpets 2 + Butter 5g + Cheese 25g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Brazil Nuts 40g
Dinner - Hamm 80g + Eggs hard boiled 2 + Peas canned 100g + Mash 45g + Butter 5g
Supper - Danone Dion Yogurt 160g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1342 Carbs 107 Fat 62 Protein 70 Sugars 47 Fibre 13

Evening Em,

I like to sew, too. I find it cheaper to buy than make -- but the quality isn't the same.

I have a pile of trousers to hem for DD and a couple of pairs for me, too. I should get on it.

Evening Emm,

I like to sew, too. I find it cheaper to buy than make -- but the quality isn't the same.

I have a pile of trousers to hem for DD and a couple of pairs for me, too. I should get on it.

Why isn't the quality the same Mel?
I think mine are often better as I always French seam all mine which stops having frayed edges.

How has your day been?:)

I managed to get a 10 min walk in this morning before the sky decided to open up again.:rolleyes:

So depressing having rain day after day.:(

Well done on that walk... real nuisance all this rain hey?!

Thursday 6th February 2014

Had my hair cut this afternoon.. quite short too. I get fed up with it keep getting into my neck so went to a bit of extreme this time... did a lot..and I mean A LOT of talking at the salon. Very nice young woman she is and she had one of her customers there who was happy to join in when I related my past saga with the hospital...and we had a good laugh too.
Then a trip to Tesco where I was wondering whether it could be a groundhog day! :D .. but home safely.
Met my neighbour on the way out and she stopped and had a chat as well and was quite surprised when she said she would make a note of the date I am going in for my pm procedure.

Ordered some material for my nightie from Amazon. I am rather bemused at the ad which says that it will be delivered in one length when possible! Hope that doesn't mean I might end up with 3 separate metres.. :confused:

Another good diet day altho' the total doesn't include any supper which I mostly allow for as I need to take some tabs before going to bed... so we shall see.

Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 1/2 Tblspn
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Cheese 29g + Tom Cup.a.soup
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Magnum Icecream Bar 120g
Dinner - Tuna Chunks 80g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1356 Carbs 158 Fat 46 Protein 54 Sugars 78 Fibre 8

Evening Em,

Sounds like a busy and productive day.

I meant that it is usually cheaper to buy than make things -- but the quality of what I make us usually much better. As I often do French seams, double stitch, triple stitch, etc.

Evening Emm,

Sounds like a busy and productive day.

I meant that it is usually cheaper to buy than make things -- but the quality of what I make us usually much better. As I often do French seams, double stitch, triple stitch, etc.

That's very true Mel but, like yourself, the finish is always well worth the effort of doing those extra things and as the saying goes ..a job worth doing is worth doing well. :D

Morning - I too like to sew, but don't really have the time these days.

Hope you are feeling OK just now Emm - any idea of when you will have your op? or are you just having to hang around waiting. My BIL finally got his appointment for next week - waited for ages.

Have a good Friday

Morning Em,

I hope you have a wonderful day -- the weather lady is promising some sunshine for us. So, fingers crossed! :D

Back