2015 and It's Now or Never!

Evening Emm,

Your day started really well - card fab! Ivy sorted :D - hotel hassle no fun and discussing hospital nightmare with home help not pleasant. Did you feel she wasn't listening or were you referring to the hospital staff?

Food was very impressive! Very appealing to me.

Afternoon Mel... I was referring to the hospital experience and their attitude. My home help is an absolute jewel and always listens intently to anything I say.. she actually put her arm round me when I got upset.

I did enjoy my large salad but didn't end up having the banana and ice cream.

Evening Emm,

Glad you got the ivy sorted.:)

Your food has been better than mine today.I've just nibbled all day.Not had a meal as such.Not even a salad.:rolleyes:

Afternoon Mary.. A nibbling day now and again is all good as far as I'm concerned!..It's the total intake that's the problem if it's not monitored.
Hope it hasn't upset the apple cart.

Hello Emm. Good news about the ivy. Are they going to do any more gardening for you? Im glad the young lady sent a card. Hope the rest of your day went well.

Afternoon Mo, Very pleased that the ivy has been seen to. He did manage to get the lock off my shed by means of sawing through the actual piece on the shed as the lock was tempered steel, so now he's going to get a new one (piece that fits on the shed) and come and fit it tomorrow.
Hope he/they..it's him and his wife... will do the border out the front... will bring that up again when he's finished the shed.
Hope you are having a good day too.

Morning chica - I'm at the apartment chilling out for a couple of days, hence being awol.
Currently on a borrowed connection and having a quick visit to everyone.
Anything planned for the Easter weekend? or just more of the same?

Afternoon Bev.. think it's about time you did a bit of chilling out! Enjoy!

Thinking of getting a Tablet or something for while I'm away..trouble is I don't know how to "tune" it in when I get to the hotel or where ever else I am.

Nothing planned for the Easter.. more of the same is most probably it.. :D

Thursday 17th April 2014

Weight this morning was 185.4.. hope it stays that way until Monday.

Was expecting an email to say that my hotel booking was changed to a single room altho' the one I've booked now is quite a bit more expensive so keeping my fingers crossed it will be the same one when I eventually get there.

Have definitely got a phobia now about eating out. I went to Morrisons for lunch and as soon as my meal arrived I started to sweat profusely and kept wondering whether I was going to be ill again so found myself looking round for someone who it would be easy to attract if I did. That feeling of not being able to speak was the worst nightmare. After just a few mouthfuls of food I gave up and put it in a container that I had taken with me. When I got outside to the car I felt quite okay again thank goodness.
Looks like another batch of chicken stew on the way but with added dumplings .. that's yummy!

Had intended to go to Asda for a couple of things I need but couldn't be bothered so came home instead.

Continued with a good menu this afternoon.. makes a change..

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Chicken 100g + Carrot + Peas + Mash & Gravy - minimal amount
Snack - Snack-a-jacks large 2
Dinner - Cheese 60g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Banana 1 + Db Icecream 100g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1242 Carbs 120 Fat 54 Protein 65 Sugars 45 Fibre 8

Evening!

I hope you had a god day. I'm glad your home help is lovely.

Friday 18th April 2014

Have to keep checking 'cos I just can't believe it's Friday again!

Up fairly early today and all things quite good but just couldn't get started on anything...feeling all sort of fuddled! Must be old age!
Had a pile of washing up to do.. been procrastinating with that.
Spent a good couple of hours updating my hand written diary by going thro' the posts on here. Been keeping a diary for about twenty years non-stop and have a whole drawer full now... they'll make a good bonfire when I'm gone.

Made the chicken stew with my Morrison's meal I brought home, added a couple of dumplings and it was mighty delicious. Also used up another of the sugar free jellies and put in half a banana which will be for supper with some cream.

Lunch - Multigrain Crackers 8 + L.C.Cheese 1
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Suet Dumplings 2
Supper - Jelly sugar free + Banana 1/2 + Icecream 75g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1443 Carbs 173 Fat 51 Protein 64 Sugars 51 Fibre 14
.... incl. 181 extra calories for work done

Last edited:
Evening chica - yes the weeks disapperar far too quickly!

For me the "fuddled" feeling is nothing to do with old age. It's stress with me that stops my brain functioning properly and stops me making rational decisions. Are you "fretting" about soemthing Emm?

If so, talk about it on here and we'll gtry to help.

Have a lovely weekend.

For me the "fuddled" feeling is nothing to do with old age. It's stress with me that stops my brain functioning properly and stops me making rational decisions. Are you "fretting" about soemthing Emm?

If so, talk about it on here and we'll try to help.

Have a lovely weekend.

Thanks Bev.. you are so right.. I will sleep on it and try to put things together in a purposeful manner. At the mo' I'm betwixt certain things coming up but I don't want to start moaning about them until I get things more sorted.. I'll explain another time as that sound a bit weird really but, as I said, thanks for your insight.

Evening Em,

Food looks good. I hope you had a lovely day -- it was sunny here, but quite cold.

If so, talk about it on here and we'll try to help.

Have a lovely weekend.

So I've had a good think and my betwixt was the annoyance at the treatment of single travellers but that's how it is and nothing I can do about that altho' having booked a good hotel their singles are usually of a decent size.
The real issue is concerning my D's.. .. I've made allsorts of reasons why they are not able to contact me especially over this past few months when I could have done with an extra chat at the very least.
My youngest D suffers from ME and being a teacher plus she was never a very strong person health-wise phones me about once every 4-5 months. My other D has rheumatoid arthritis very badly and is under the hospital with it, has had several family mishaps to deal with and before our falling out situation used to phone regularly every week but now calls about once a month if that. All this taken into consideration when I was talking to her last week and I mentioned the fact that the flights go via Manchester now it transpires that the both of them have used this airport because they have been visiting each other on a fairly regular basis over this last year or so!!
I'm very pleased that they have at last managed to put their differences aside and are in a good relationship now but it seems that despite my emergency procedures that has not moved them to contact me more.. even an extra phone call would have been very nice.
I have come to the conclusion that this visit is going to be just for ME!! There certainly won't be any family lavish get together meals on me any more! In fact they'll be lucky if I buy a round of coffees! I am going there to see my great grandchildren again... and that's it!

Last edited:
Morning Em,

Is it possible your daughters feel so guilty about their neglect of you - that it's easier to avoid it? Or they avoid calling because they don't have any upbeat or good news to share?

But you're right to make this trip all about you. Enjoy it.

((( Hugs ))) Emm. family relationships are never easy.
Mine with my dad was very "troubled" over a number of years (his 2nd lady was a reet b1tch) and so he never phoned me at all.
I would phone him maybe once a month and all he ever said was something nasty like "Oh so you've deigned to phone again".
My relationship with my mum isn't that good - but I look after her because I'm her only child and because I have to.

Now Mr Pom has a good relationship with his mum but still only phones her about once a month.

So don't always read too much into lack of calls.

Last edited:
Morning Emm,

Is it possible your daughters feel so guilty about their neglect of you - that it's easier to avoid it? Or they avoid calling because they don't have any upbeat or good news to share?

But you're right to make this trip all about you. Enjoy it.

I think that is a good point Mel...thanks.

((( Hugs ))) Emm. family relationships are never easy.
Mine with my dad was very "troubled" over a number of years (his 2nd lady was a reet b1tch) and so he never phoned me at all.
I would phone him maybe once a month and all he ever said was something nasty like "Oh so you've deigned to phone again".
My relationship with my mum isn't that good - but I look after her because I'm her only child and because I have to.

Now Mr Pom has a good relationship with his mum but still only phones her about once a month.

So don't always read too much into lack of calls.

Interesting Bev, but it's very difficult not to get upset about these things. I seem to always be the one paying out without ever getting any more thought of.
Glad to have got that off my chest anyway!

Saturday 19th April 2014

C&W music very good so that was a great start to my day.
Lovely and sunny but the wind was mighty chilly.

Went to Tesco for a couple of things and called in to the car wash place as my car had lots of dust on it again already. Then on to Toys R Us to get a nice doll for my wee gr-grD. Seems the nicer they were the heavier they got so settled for a little cheapish one as I want to knit a babies layette and shawl for it... hardly ever see the old type of baby dolls these days.. come to think of it babies are never dressed the way they used to be either! I think you can't beat the lovely little baby dresses and shawls etc. but then I am rather old fashioned on that score.

Not done much else and very pleased not to have fallen prey to the confectionery whilst I was out.

Lunch - NIL
Snack - Hot X Buns 2 + Butter 12g
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Suet Dumplings 2
Supper - Banana 1/2 + Jelly sugar free + Icecream 50g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1514 Carbs 197 Fat 50 Protein 60 Sugars 63 Fibre 17
.... incl. 290 extra calories for exercise

Didn't have my supper so new count is:
Cals 1375 Carbs 175 Fat 46 Protein 56 Sugars 56 Fibre 15

Last edited:
Evening Em,

I've carefully saved the doll clothes DD's grandmother made for her dolls. I hope you great granddaughter treasures it.

Last edited:
Happy Easter, Em!

Evening Emm,

I've carefully saved the doll clothes DD's grandmother made for her dolls. I hope you great granddaughter treasures it.

.... Happy Easter, Emm!

Happy Easter to you too Mel..

How lovely that you saved the doll's clothes..I do hope she will come to like them but she's only about 3 now.(terrible at remembering all these birthdays!)

Well done! I absolutely love a bit of pick and mix...always best not to start!

You're so right Zeke.. thanks for the visit.. hope things are going well for you.

Sunday 20th April 2014

Bit of a changeable day.. sun is out again now but it just poured with rain for about half an hour.

Took the doll out of the packing and I was amazed at the amount of things there were to hold it in place! No way could any toddler get that out and I could envision a lot of impatient wee ones waiting for it to be released.
Found up a nice pattern for layette and got all the wool and needles out ready for the off.. :D

Afternoon!

I was always shocked at how many wires and bits were used to "secure" kids' toys.

It's gloomy here . . . Raining. :(

Last edited:
Sorry you all have yukky weather - mum says it's grey and dismal in Cheshire after a few nice days.
Mr Sun has come out for us here - finally think Spring has arrived for us.

Doing very well until about 3pm and then everything went askew! Had a right binge on crackers again so they're off my shopping list from now on!

Cals 1412 Carbs 196!..suppose that's not too bad.. STS most probably tomorrow..:sigh:

I wasn't as good (or even close) as I'd planned to be. Tomorrow is another day.

Morning Emm
Doing very well until about 3pm and then everything went askew! Had a right binge on crackers again so they're off my shopping list from now on!
Grrrrrrrrrrrr to the crackers.
Sounds like me and peanuts. If they're in the house I'll gobble the lot - so they just don't come into the house any more!

Back