2015 and It's Now or Never!

I wasn't as good (or even close) as I'd planned to be. Tomorrow is another day.

Morning Emm

Grrrrrrrrrrrr to the crackers.
Sounds like me and peanuts. If they're in the house I'll gobble the lot - so they just don't come into the house any more!

Yep!! Looks like we're all terrible bingers one way or t'other!
Another day is going to be much better, hey girls?!

Monday 21st April 2014

Weight today is STS as I expected... and I reckon it'll go down again tomorrow as it usually does!

Morning Em,

Looks to be a better day in our corner of the UK. :). I hope you have a good one!

Hello Em. I hope you are enjoying your day. I went swimming again today and did my equivalent to 40 lengths. It was smashing. Mo

No definitely not too bad. Good plan to get them off the shopping list - I have a few things like that!
Always martyrs to our appetites aren't we?!!

Morning Emm,

Looks to be a better day in our corner of the UK. :). I hope you have a good one!
Was nice and warm early this afternoon but trying hard to rain.. thankfully not enough to worry about.

Your as bad as me Emm on binges. ;)

I think it's safe to say Mary that the majority of us on here have the same urges as far as binges go.. what say you?! :D

Hello Emm. I hope you are enjoying your day. I went swimming again today and did my equivalent to 40 lengths. It was smashing. Mo

Not too bad a day altho' didn't do anything unusual.
Good for you going swimming..well done.

Evening Em!

Didn't go run my errands - was cracking the homework whip and doing chores. Can't wait to get into a routine.

Went to Tesco at Sprowston again and was pleased that I got the mobility scooter okay.
Bought a Tablet and used up my coupons so that was about £30 off. Haven't tried it yet as I need to be in the right mood to deal with that.
Bought some sausages from the deli counter and once again he used his fingers but when I asked him whether he should do that his response was that they are going to be cooked anyway. Asked to see the manager and according to him that is correct and there is no hard and fast rule about sausages. Seems a bit odd to me.
Then went to Hobby Craft to see what they had in the way of dolls clothes patterns and they only have books now.. no single leaf patterns...the one I started using is in 4ply and DK would be better..and quicker!

Food not too bad and didn't buy any chocolate or anything sweet.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Cheese 30g
Snack - Mixed Nuts 50g
Dinner - [STRIKE][STRIKE]Chicken Stew + Dumplings 2
[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]Extra - Milk 240ml
Didn't eat dinner but had a ham sandwich much later on.

[STRIKE]Cals 1567 Carbs 156 Fat 71 Protein 71 Sugars 31 Fibre 18
[/STRIKE]Cals 1430 Carbs 145 Fat 63 Protein 72 Sugars 49 Fibre 14
Incl. 200 extra calories for exercise such as driving and shopping

Last edited:
Bought some sausages from the deli counter and once again he used his fingers but when I asked him whether he should do that his response was that they are going to be cooked anyway. Asked to see the manager and according to him that is correct and there is no hard and fast rule about sausages. Seems a bit odd to me.
Me no likey!
In Spain fodd servers have to wear blue surgical gloves to handle all food that they are going to choose for you.
So if you go to shop that has an integrated deli counter with raw meat, cold meat and cheeses, they even have to change gloves between each section!

It's also scarey that if he's on a deli type counter he could have touched something containing say peanuts - which you could be allergic to.
Peanuts get into so many bleddy things nowadays - even pastry - that to me it is downright frightening what could happen.
Mind you it could still happen if he was eraing gloves.

I have a friend who is seriously allergic to peanuts and she nearly died some years ago - out at sea - because a deli assistant had touched a cake with peanuts in and then selected the one she wanted without washing her hands in betweem. She had to be airlifted off the boat by the Coastguard - which was 5 miles offshore - and taken to hospital as she discovered that her epipen wasn't as full as she though it was and couldn't get a full dose out of it.

Morning Em,

I'm glad you got a mobility scooter with no issues. Did you buy a whole book of patterns? I was thinking you might be able yo download a pattern for free.

Whatever happened to health and safety? In any food handlers course you're told you wear gloves or use tongs. I'd email Tesco headquarters. I think the manager was incorrect. Also, isn't there a Board of Health (or someone governmental agency) that oversees these things?

I hope you have a good day . . . We're looking at several days of rain again. :(

Which tablet did you get?:)
Morning Emm,

Well done on not buying any sweets or chocolate.We don't need them when we have healthy veg and fruit to nibble on.:)

Afternoon Mary.. Tablet is a ASUS and is 17x26cm... most probably never heard of them?! Just asked the assistant for something very basic.
It dawned on me this morning that I most probably was in the minority of not eating any chocolate being as it was Easter Monday.. :D

Me no likey!
In Spain fo0d servers have to wear blue surgical gloves to handle all food that they are going to choose for you.
So if you go to shop that has an integrated deli counter with raw meat, cold meat and cheeses, they even have to change gloves between each section!

It's also scarey that if he's on a deli type counter he could have touched something containing say peanuts - which you could be allergic to.
Peanuts get into so many bleddy things nowadays - even pastry - that to me it is downright frightening what could happen.
Mind you it could still happen if he was wearing gloves.

I have a friend who is seriously allergic to peanuts and she nearly died some years ago - out at sea - because a deli assistant had touched a cake with peanuts in and then selected the one she wanted without washing her hands in betweem. She had to be airlifted off the boat by the Coastguard - which was 5 miles offshore - and taken to hospital as she discovered that her epipen wasn't as full as she though it was and couldn't get a full dose out of it.

Afternoon Bev.. Me no likey either..and it's not going to be the end of the matter as far as I am concerned! He said that he wears gloves for other meats like stewing steak.
I shall also make the point that last time I bought lambs liver and he only put it in one bag which means that if it had got punctured my goods would be swimming in blood. I'm all for saving on things especially the over use of plastics but that's not on.

it is good news lol...

i wish that you continue ....

Good afternoon Bugatti.

Morning Emm,

I'm glad you got a mobility scooter with no issues. Did you buy a whole book of patterns? I was thinking you might be able to download a pattern for free.

Whatever happened to health and safety? In any food handlers course you're told you wear gloves or use tongs. I'd email Tesco headquarters. I think the manager was incorrect. Also, isn't there a Board of Health (or someone governmental agency) that oversees these things?

I hope you have a good day . . . We're looking at several days of rain again. :(

Afternoon Mel..I have looked at the dolls patterns on line but to get the ones I want I'll have to sign up to their forum which I most probably will do eventually.

I have sent emails to Tesco head office about this before and they said they were going to follow it up... which could mean anything or nothing IMO. So another email will be going off some time today and I shall be asking them to send me a copy of their protocol to take to the store.

Morning Emm - looking forward to hearing about the tablet. Hope all is well with you.

Afternoon Carol..Don't get too excited ..it's only a very basic one.. just hope it does what I want it to... that's when I get around to finding out the" how to's"

Evening Em!

It ended up being lovely here.

Once you've finished your knitting for your great grand-daughter. Let me know if your interested in doing a couple of commissions. I bought a dog sweater knitting kit and a hat/scarf one. I think I opened the dog sweater, looked at the directions and decided the dog had fur. Then, the hat/scarf was given to a young friend of my son's - she thanked me but gave it back as she said she had no skills and no mother. I bought her a cute hat and scarf and thought I'd try to knit it for her - but never have.

I hope your day has gone well.

That is very kind of you Bev.

I have an account on this site AllFreeKnitting.com - Free Knitting Patterns, Knitting Tips, How-To Knit, Videos, Hints and More!
So go and have a browse and if there's anything you want let me know and I'll download and email to you.

Thanks very much Bev.. I will take a look.. most probably be tomorrow.

Evening Emm!

It ended up being lovely here.

Once you've finished your knitting for your great grand-daughter. Let me know if your interested in doing a couple of commissions. I bought a dog sweater knitting kit and a hat/scarf one. I think I opened the dog sweater, looked at the directions and decided the dog had fur. Then, the hat/scarf was given to a young friend of my son's - she thanked me but gave it back as she said she had no skills and no mother. I bought her a cute hat and scarf and thought I'd try to knit it for her - but never have.

I hope your day has gone well.

That is very kind of you Bev.

It did look nice out there but when I opened the window the wind was very cold.

I will get back to you about that Mel most probably be when I come back in May.

Day has gone okay-ish.. Have had one of my very tired days and not been able to concentrate on anything for very long plus keeping to a good menu as well.. no doubt due to having had a very restless night for some unknown reason.. my eating pattern has gone completely up the spout... :eek:

Did consider missing out my chicken stew but as it had only been in the bottom of the fridge it would have gone off by tomorrow and it's so tasty I didn't want to throw it away.
Breakfast - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g
Lunch - Crumpets 2 + Butter 12g + Cheese 39g + Tomato Cupasoup
Snack - Mixed Nuts 25g
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Dumplings 2
Supper - NIL (?)
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1598 Carbs 154 Fat 76 Protein 72 Sugars 43 Fibre 16

Crumpets! As much fun to say as to eat! Yummy.

No rush -- just thought if you wanted to earn a bit . . . I could tick off those from my to do. As I probably can't.

Evening Em!

Morning.. errm.. afternoon Mel..
Sounds good to me.. I'm all for that.. thanks for the opportunity.

It was pretty nice here today - not too cold when I was out with the dog.

Wednesday 23rd April 2014

Haven't eaten much today... thought I would keep it as simple as possible.
Not done anything much either apart from putting some washing in and knitting.

Breakfast - Alpro Chocolate Dessert 125g
Lunch - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g + Twinings Ginger Tea
Snack - Mixed Nuts 40g + Hot X Bun 1
Dinner - R.Trout fillet + Beans 75g + Carrot 68g + Thousand Isle Dressing 30ml
Supper - ?
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1018 Carbs 115 Fat 33 Protein 56 Sugars 71 Fibre 9

Hello Em. Im glad you are enjoying the knitting. I love a knitting day. I knit my OH a Scarborough gansey on a circular needle. Im now knitting him one using 5 needles. Im not as keen as Im always being scratched or stabbed with one of the needles.

Hello Emm. Im glad you are enjoying the knitting. I love a knitting day. I knit my OH a Scarborough gansey on a circular needle. Im now knitting him one using 5 needles. Im not as keen as Im always being scratched or stabbed with one of the needles.

Had to Google the Gansey.. looks like it's done with a 4ply wool .. very intricate.

Back