2015 and It's Now or Never!

Only managed to get one job done... sorting stuff for the charity shop.
Ended up having a chat with my neighbour and then the window cleaner when he called back for his money... made a nice change anyway.

Food very good:
Breakfast - Nak'd Cocoa Delight Bar
Lunch - French Bread 50g + Butter 6g + Ba.Beans 100g
Dinner - B.E. Extra Large Fish Fillet + Cabbage 110g + Peas 100g + Carrot 54g + Tom. Ketchup 30g
Supper - Custard 1/2Pt +[STRIKE] Banana
[/STRIKE]Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals [STRIKE]1603[/STRIKE] 1513Carbs 176 Fat 61 Protein 59 Sugars 101 Fibre 24
incl. extra 252 cals for exercises

Last edited:
I don't see the point of keeping one now. I haven't really logged my food for weeks and don't need to do it.I've just bored people with my DIY.;):)
I found it was becoming boring to keep track of my food and it's not like I need to be reminded of how my syns/points I've used.I know what I can and cannot eat and I don't measure my portion sizes.

I did have a blog but found it's actually a waste of time doing one.Too much information we posts on the internet can be dangerous.

Afternoon Emm,

What have you been up to today?

Afternoon Mary... I can see your point about too much info.. and I never found your DIY boring .. but of course it's entirely up to you what you want to post and I appreciated your visits on here anyway.

Saturday 31st May 2014

Not got anything much planned at the mo' altho' the taking a bit off the trousers is a must! I keep putting it off. I suppose the only other thing is to get into fitting on some of these other trousers I have!
Also must make another stew from the chicken carcass as there's quite a bit of meat left and I'm not particularly fond of it as cold meat.
I have posted a couple of old phones.. the landline type on Freecycle and one has gone already.. so that's just 1000 things left to go.

I'm really going to try to keep my sugars as low as poss today as I'm sure that's one of the things that make my back pain worse... it's been 80 and 89 and even higher previously. It will be interesting to see whether I have some improvement if I can keep it lower.

So apart from my usual moan about my back everything going reasonably well and I have to go down and sort some things in my shed as someone is coming to pick up some old hand trowels and forks... gosh.. I'm really getting into it.. wonders will never cease!!

Last edited:
one hour later.. (15.23)

Sorted and fitted pile of clothes and found two that need the bottoms shortened a wee bit.(how long are they supposed to be I often wonder!?) ..and two pairs that need the tops shortened and a pair of those 3/4 length ones which are just right for today, plus looked thro' drawer full of T shirts and threw out 3.
Wasn't as painful a job as I thought it would be! :giggle:
Now going to start on that stew before tackling the actual sewing... that's if I don't decide to go down and sort the shed..

19.00hrs

Sewing still to be done..
Advertised a DVD player and a cordless phone which have now been taken.. still have the set of 2 phones which someone should be collecting in the next 1/2hour. Also had a couple call for gardening tools as they are running a charity allotment scheme and they took away quite a few things from my shed incl. some long canes that were getting in the way of my putting my walker in there... Phew! That's a good turn out for the day!
Made the stew (which I really didn't feel like doing tbh!) but it was delish and made some dumplings without suet but butter instead... trouble is they sort of boiled away so they were only marble sized in the finish.

Pleased with my intake:
Breakfast - Liberte Greek Yogurt Strawberry 100g
Lunch - Cream Crackers 3 + L.C. Cheese 1
Dinner - Chicken Stew & Dumplings
Supper - Peaches canned 120g + Custard
Extra - Milk whole 240ml

Cals 1299 Carbs 149 Fat 46 Protein 62 Sugars 68 Fibre 5

Morning Em!

It must be so nice to have some your clear out go to good purpose. You are really "anti-procrastinating" - well done.

That's interesting that your sugar levels impact your back pain. Is this something you've noticed? I wonder if any research has been done in that area?

Afternoon chica - go you on the clearing out and re-cycling! Big Gold Star for you!
I'm off to the pub in the next village to collect our friends daughter from work.
Mum decided to go to Madrid for the day at the last minute and didn't tell her daughter who can't drive.
Poor Daughter was frantic about how to get to work!
She doesn't have a driving licence yet - you can't get one in Spaon until you are 18 (her birthday's next November).
But you also can't drive any car in Spain other than a driving school one until you have passed your test - so it makes getting a licence VERY expensive.
Enjoy your day - its cold and wet here, very reminiscent of Manchester.Sun did try to get out but went away again after 5 minutes

Monday 2nd June 2014

Odd sort of day yesterday.. started off feeling okay but gradually my back pain started. Decided to go out anyway as it was such a lovely day... halfway to Tesco I realised that it wasn't such a good idea as I was having trouble controlling the car clutch with the pain gradually increasing. Continued on and by the time I got home I had to lay down and then didn't get up again until about 10pm as I was in agony! I have no idea what happened there but I'm really glad I'm feeling much better today.

What with all the grabbing whatever was convenient yesterday my weight has now gone up to 189.7lbs (13st.7.7lbs) !! .. :argh: .. Hopefully a couple of strict days will see the extra go again!... say no more!!

Monday contd:

Took my bedspread to the launderette to wash and part dry and then got back in time to watch Andy Murray win his next round at the French Open tennis tournament.

Breakfast - Alpro Choc Dessert 125g + Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 2 slices + Butter 6g + Cheese 27g
Dinner - Chicken Stew + Dumplings
Supper - Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1419 Carbs 146 Fat 53 Protein 63 Sugars 47 Fibre 10
incl. 334 extra calories for "exercise"

Happy Tuesday!

Monday 2nd June 2014

Odd sort of day yesterday.. started off feeling okay but gradually my back pain started. Decided to go out anyway as it was such a lovely day... halfway to Tesco I realised that it wasn't such a good idea as I was having trouble controlling the car clutch with the pain gradually increasing. Continued on and by the time I got home I had to lay down and then didn't get up again until about 10pm as I was in agony! I have no idea what happened there but I'm really glad I'm feeling much better today.

What with all the grabbing whatever was convenient yesterday my weight has now gone up to 189.7lbs (13st.7.7lbs) !! .. :argh: .. Hopefully a couple of strict days will see the extra go again!... say no more!!

I always have trouble with my clutch . . . but then I'm a terrible driver! ;)

I'm glad you cut it short. You must like getting out -- so many people around here get their groceries delivered. You'll get it sorted - you are very good at planning your meals.

Was out walking the dog and barely made three miles as it started to rain and she hates being out in the rain!

Happy Tuesday!
I always have trouble with my clutch . . . but then I'm a terrible driver! ;)

I'm glad you cut it short. You must like getting out -- so many people around here get their groceries delivered. You'll get it sorted - you are very good at planning your meals.

Was out walking the dog and barely made three miles as it started to rain and she hates being out in the rain!

I do love driving Mel and going to the Tesco the other side of the city gives me a good outing and I enjoy the scenery... I do have my main bulk of groceries delivered but prefer to get things like ham and meat from the deli myself and it gives me something to go out for as well.

Pesky weather.. isn't it?.. supposed to be overcast today but it's quite bright even if not sunny and def quite warm as well.

Now off to have my hair cut and permed..Yay!

I do love driving Mel and going to the Tesco the other side of the city gives me a good outing and I enjoy the scenery... I do have my main bulk of groceries delivered but prefer to get things like ham and meat from the deli myself and it gives me something to go out for as well.

Pesky weather.. isn't it?.. supposed to be overcast today but it's quite bright even if not sunny and def quite warm as well.

Now off to have my hair cut and permed..Yay!

Not nice here! :( I love a new do - its a real spirit boost!

Tuesday 3rd June 2014

Very sleepless night.. tossed and turned and ended up sitting in the armchair from about 2am onwards... with the result feeling very tired this morning. Went for my hairdo which was great as it got me out of that rut and had a right good yap to Tracy my hairdresser.

Feel like a new me now.. Yay!.. Having said that I haven't done anything much since I've been back home and there is a lot of tidying up to do!
Food rather random today too but at least it's well within the limit calorie-wise if not carbs-wise.

Breakfast - Multigrain Crackers 6 + L.C.Cheese 2 + Alpro Choc. Dessert 125g
Lunch - Eggs large 2 scrambled (+ Butter 6g) + Bread 30g
Snack - Cream Cracker 1 + Banana + Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Dinner - Bread 30g + Butter 4g +[STRIKE] Ba.Beans 100g
[/STRIKE] Cheese 27g + S.Cream 10g + Beetroot 20g
[STRIKE]Supper - Digestive Biscuits 2
[/STRIKE]
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals [STRIKE]1284[/STRIKE]1311 Carbs[STRIKE] 140 [/STRIKE] 135 Fat[STRIKE] 47 [/STRIKE] 59 Protein[STRIKE] 50 [/STRIKE] 55 Sugars [STRIKE]60[/STRIKE] 59 Fibre[STRIKE] 11
[/STRIKE] 9

Last edited:
Evening Em,

That doesn't read like a lot of food for over 1200 calories. I hope you're not too hungry tonight.

Evening Em,

That doesn't read like a lot of food for over 1200 calories. I hope you're not too hungry tonight.

Ditto from me.
I know you said it was "random" - looks as though is was a bit unbalanced too as I can't spot too many veggies (apart from just 20g beetroot!)
Your food is normally pretty good Emm - so hope you're okay and that normal service will resume tomorrow.

I know what you mean about tossing and turning. I managed about 4 hours sleep last night, even though I felt absoluted shattered when I went to bed.

Morning Em,

I hope you slept well. I slept like a rock after Aqua Fit. I think I really like the 7:15 class - I left by 6:45 and was able to swim a couple of laps before class to warm up (the other classes have an occupied pool right up until start time). Have you looked into trying it?

Dreadful weather this morning! I opened the door to let the little dog out -- and she decided she could wait for a break in the downpour.

No excuse for me not to prep DD's walls and start painting. I want to get the base coat on -- I can tell DH is annoyed and my taking my time getting it sorted (as her "stuff" is in plastic boxes lined up along the hallway and in DS bedroom. I make such a mess every time I tackle anything! Or so it seems.

Ditto from me.
I know you said it was "random" - looks as though is was a bit unbalanced too as I can't spot too many veggies (apart from just 20g beetroot!)
Your food is normally pretty good Emm - so hope you're okay and that normal service will resume tomorrow.

I know what you mean about tossing and turning. I managed about 4 hours sleep last night, even though I felt absoluted shattered when I went to bed.

I agree that there wasn't any veg to speak of Bev but when I said random I meant I was just "picking" really... mainly 'cos I was so tired.
Back to almost normal today.

Morning Emm,

I hope you slept well. I slept like a rock after Aqua Fit. I think I really like the 7:15 class - I left by 6:45 and was able to swim a couple of laps before class to warm up (the other classes have an occupied pool right up until start time). Have you looked into trying it?

Dreadful weather this morning! I opened the door to let the little dog out -- and she decided she could wait for a break in the downpour.

No excuse for me not to prep DD's walls and start painting. I want to get the base coat on -- I can tell DH is annoyed and my taking my time getting it sorted (as her "stuff" is in plastic boxes lined up along the hallway and in DS bedroom. I make such a mess every time I tackle anything! Or so it seems.

I did have a much better night thanks Mel... and that reminds me.. I keep saying I'm going to go swimming again.. must start that next week for deffo!

Weather been very changeable here today with lots of downpours but mainly overcast.
Poor wee doggie.. my little poodle never like the rain either.

Wednesday 4th June 2014

Was very stiff and in pain again this morning but decided to try to tackle things another way. I lay in bed and exercised my legs quite a bit despite the pain and then as I slowly got out of bed I stopped and did another swing of my left leg which is the main one that gets the affect of my back problem... and continued in that fashion until I got into my armchair and was very surprised to find that the pain subsided a lot quicker than usually and I didn't have to take as many tablets either. I'll have to try that again tomorrow and here's hoping!!

The day went well and I did quite a bit of clearing stuff again which I am very pleased about. Had a lamb shank which I cooked slowly for dinner tonight but they are very greasy I find and tbh I'm feeling just a twee bit sick now.. tasty tho'..

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 31g + Butter 5g + Bacon 56g
Snack - Danish Pastry ..
Dinner - Lamb 125g + Carrot 64g + Cabbage 90g + Gravy 30ml
Supper - Alpro Choc. Dessert 125g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1457 Carbs 131 Fat 74 Protein 70 Sugars 46 Fibre 12
incl: 142 extra calories for "exercise"

Thursday 5th June 2014

Everything good this morning.. which makes a great change!
Getting brighter outside altho' it does look rather windy.
Will take my bathroom rugs to the launderette today and may go out for lunch.

Phone call from council to ask if I was happy with continuing the "Mow & Grow" service to which I said.."happy" is not the word I would use but never-the-less I still want my grass to be cut!

Afternoon Emm. Did you do your exercises again as you got up today? Did they help?
Hope you had a good lunch out. I'm on small rations today to make up for my gluttony at the party yesterday.

Afternoon Em,

It was windy here, too. I hope you enjoyed your meal out and got those rugs washed (good drying day).

Afternoon Emm. Did you do your exercises again as you got up today? Did they help?
Hope you had a good lunch out. I'm on small rations today to make up for my gluttony at the party yesterday.

As far as the exercises go .. Bev.. I hadn't taken into account that more often than not I'm desperate for a pee first thing!.. did get back on the bed and do a few and they certainly did help again so I've looked up some gentle exercises I can do and hope to keep to that.

Afternoon Emm,

It was windy here, too. I hope you enjoyed your meal out and got those rugs washed (good drying day).

Evening Mel.. Didn't have the meal out as I can't face getting those sort of panic attacks or post traumatic stress symptoms. Did get my rugs done and a very nice young woman assistant did nearly all of it for me.. bless her! .. I put them in the dryer there to finish them off.

I've had a good think about my progress.. or lack of..so far this year and seems like I'm constantly taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back.. which just isn't good enough! At this rate I'll be 100 before I get to goal! Bestest foot forward from now on and I really want to get at least another stone off before next Xmas (cruise)..Only 202 days to go!! :D
Today I was very good. .. :innocent0002: . . may well add something else for supper.

Breakfast - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Lunch - Bread 34g + Cheese 31g + Tom. Cup-a-soup
Snack - Nak'd Bar 35g
Dinner - Corned Beef 3slices + Carrots 64g + Cabbage 90g + Mash 30g + Fruit Sauce 20g
Supper - Alpro Choc. Dessert 125g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1104 Carbs 108 Fat 45 Protein 64 Sugars 73 Fibre 12

Back