2015 and It's Now or Never!

(( Hugs ))) Emm - at least you're not heavier than you were at the start of the year.
Think Positive.

I'm 6 lbs heavier than the start of 2014 and 14 lbs heavier than in Jan 2013 :cry:
But I ain't throwing the towel in and I will get back there.
SO WILL YOU !!!

Morning Em!

Crazy storm here last night. Our dog was acting as if it were Bonfire Night (shaking like a belly dancer). It is very sunny and already quite warm today.

(( Hugs ))) Emm - at least you're not heavier than you were at the start of the year.
Think Positive.

I'm 6 lbs heavier than the start of 2014 and 14 lbs heavier than in Jan 2013 :cry:
SO WILL YOU !!!

You will, Bev. You'll go back to your SW with spud control and, perhaps, do some swimming and it'll sort. I am sorry that you've had to relocate your mother so soon after the huge job of clearing her house and getting her into the flat. There hasn't been the time to focus on you - but there will be (you'll be doing lots of Body Magic with ironing those sheets).

Think Positive.

SO WILL YOU !!!

Thanks Bev.. very heartening words..and positive too.
Good for you not taking things lying down (so to speak!)
We'll certainly get these pounds off eventually if we keep trying.

Morning Emm!

Crazy storm here last night. Our dog was acting as if it were Bonfire Night (shaking like a belly dancer). It is very sunny and already quite warm today.

You will, Bev. You'll go back to your SW with spud control and, perhaps, do some swimming and it'll sort. I am sorry that you've had to relocate your mother so soon after the huge job of clearing her house and getting her into the flat. There hasn't been the time to focus on you - but there will be (you'll be doing lots of Body Magic with ironing those sheets).

Morning Mel, Don't think we had any storm here but as I had a very good sleep last night I have often slept right thro' them.
Glad you mentioned swimming.. I keep meaning to get back to it myself but I forget.. think I may well go this afternoon!

Thanks for the hugs on my fred Emm, and you too Mel.
But thanks a bunch for reminding me of the bleddy sheets!

Its cold and grey here today - not fair at all that you have stolen my blue skies.

Thanks for the hugs on my fred Emm, and you too Mel.
But thanks a bunch for reminding me of the bleddy sheets!

Its cold and grey here today - not fair at all that you have stolen my blue skies.

I hate ironing so much - I can't get over how you iron all those sheets. My idea of h3ll!

It is stunning here and I'm not giving the blue skies back for a few days at the very least.

Tuesday 10th June 2014

Too hot for me today!! Didn't go swimming after all as I wasn't going to venture out in that heat! Did a lot of odd jobs.. nothing much.. and watched the tennis.
Yesterday when I was shopping I got an organic chicken at half price.. was £10..reduced to £5.. great bargain.. put it in the oven this afternoon but I left it for too long and it's now rather dry.. :sigh: .. I'll have to think of something to do with it as I don't want any more stews.
Pleased with myself for keeping to a good diet..

Breakfast - Multigrain Crackers 6 + L.C. Cheese 1
Lunch - Eggs large hardboiled 2
Snack - Liberte Strawb. Yogurt 100g + Bread 34g
Dinner - Cheese 50g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Peaches canned 130g + Cream 50ml
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1165 Carbs 83 Fat 66 Protein 50 Sugars 49 Fibre 4

Evening Em,

I suggest coronation chicken or chicken salad.

What about frying some onion,add carrots,peas,cooked chicken and a bit of gravy.Put into a pie dish and top with mash.

Put chicken and veg in a small dish and use a pastry topping.

Chicken stir fry.

What about split a croissant,put some cheese on it,put under grill when cheese has melted,add the chicken.

Evening Em,

I suggest coronation chicken or chicken salad.

Thanks Mary and Mel... nice suggestions there.
Think I may well try your first one and I'm sure there'll be plenty left to do the coronation chicken as well.

I hate ironing so much - I can't get over how you iron all those sheets. My idea of h3ll!

It is stunning here and I'm not giving the blue skies back for a few days at the very least.

I hate ironing with a vengeance! Irining sheets is my idea of hell to!
Unfortunately I don't have a chouce :cry:

GIVE ME BACK MY SUN!
I've been bleddy freezing all day!

How about making a curry with the cooked chicken.
Add cooconut milk, herbs, spices and seasoning to cooked chicken and serve with a vegetable rice and cucumber raita.
Or a Chicken Jaloucie - chicken plian yogurt and chopped tomatos with herbs and spices served with plain boiled rice.

I hate ironing with a vengeance! Irining sheets is my idea of hell to!
Unfortunately I don't have a chouce :cry:

GIVE ME BACK MY SUN!
I've been bleddy freezing all day!

You'll burn more calories trying to maintain your body heat -- we're only thinking of you by stealing the sun!

Add cooconut milk, herbs, spices and seasoning to cooked chicken and serve with a vegetable rice and cucumber raita.
Or a Chicken Jaloucie - chicken plian yogurt and chopped tomatos with herbs and spices served with plain boiled rice.
OMG - now I'm going to think about chicken korma all day. I LOVE that.

I would love a curry but the spices is what makes my sinusitis worse.:(

Interesting. My DH has nothing clears up his sinuses better than a vindaloo!

That's a brill idea Bev.. and I have some coconut milk I bought for some reason.. forgotten why!?!.. and I never actually buy curry as I don't like it too hot as it starts off my IBS .. but I do like it.
Never heard of the second one but I shall now Google and investigate further.. sounds good!

The sun is over here.We are(so the weather man says)going to have a mini heatwave at the weekend. :)

The sun is deffo over here and I am elated for those that love it as we don't see enough of it... but for me I'm afraid it's a somewhat inward groan!

You'll burn more calories trying to maintain your body heat -- we're only thinking of you by stealing the sun!

OMG - now I'm going to think about chicken korma all day. I LOVE that.

Ah! Now Korma's a good one too and I do have some korma sauce I can use...
Decisions! Decisions!

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies ..certainly given me something to think about and I'm sure there will be enough chicken to make more than one recipe..

I'll post you the Chicken Jaloucie recipe when I get home.
I love it - hubby hates it. It's supposed to have cream in - but I substitute plain yougurt or creme fraiche. And he hates tomato with creamy sauces.

I've also got an Atul Kulcha curry recipe - got it off the Xmas Saturday Kitchen shows on ways to use up cooked turkey.
It's great with chicken and is also based on coconut milk and isn't too spicey
I don't like hot curry either and I love it.

Afternoon Em,

It has been pretty nice here today.

I'll post you the Chicken Jaloucie recipe when I get home.
I love it - hubby hates it. It's supposed to have cream in - but I substitute plain yougurt or creme fraiche. And he hates tomato with creamy sauces.

I've also got an Atul Kulcha curry recipe - got it off the Xmas Saturday Kitchen shows on ways to use up cooked turkey.
It's great with chicken and is also based on coconut milk and isn't too spicey
I don't like hot curry either and I love it.

Thanks Bev.. very kind of you.. wonder if I could use onions instead of leeks as I'm allergic to leeks.
About time I started to be a bit more adventurous with my food.

Afternoon Emm,

It has been pretty nice here today.

Afternoon Mel.. It's been quite hot here so I kept my blinds drawn all day but it's now getting much cooler (thank goodness.. me no likey hot!)

Wednesday 11th June 2014

Not done a lot today again.. apart from the little exercises I've set myself..and the getting out of bed workout is proving to be beneficial.

Doctors this evening as I have had some rather strange very round bright pink "spots" appearing on my arms and one on my tum. My hairdresser said she thought it was ringworm..so thought I'd better get it checked out.
Doc says it's nothing to worry about and certainly not ringworm.. Then I said I wanted to make it clear I refuse to take statins. After quite an interesting discussion about them he said that I was amongst those that really should take them seeing as how I had had a heart attack.. I said that I had never been told that even tho' they thought it may have been when I first went into hospital but he was very insistent that he did tell me when he rang me about the results of the heart scan... I'm sure I would have remembered if he had! ... Guess I'll have to stop buying cream to have with my coffee.

Breakfast - Liberte Yogurt Strawberry 100g
Lunch - Bread 34g + Cheese 26g
Snack - Strawberries fresh 120g + Cream 60ml + DB Icecream 60g & Coffee 1g + Cream 20ml
Dinner - Ham 100g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Alpro Choc. Dessert 125g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1092 Carbs 85 Fat 54 Protein 60 Sugars 56 Fibre 5

Thanks Bev.. very kind of you.. wonder if I could use onions instead of leeks as I'm allergic to leeks.
Confused of Spain here. Where did the leeks come from?

Chicken Jalouçie

Ingredients (serves 4)
3 - 4 oz ccoked chicken per person - cut into chunks
1 oz butter
1 green pepper - chopped into 1/2" chunks
1 onion - chopped
1 clove of garlic - crushed
1/2 pint milk
4 oz double cream
1 oz flour
4 tomatoes - skinned & chopped
1 chicken oxo cube dissolved in a litle hot water
Mixed spice
Mixed herbs
Salt & pepper

Method
Gently fry peppers, garlic & onion in butter until soft
Then add flour and cook for a minute or so.
Slowly add milk, stitting until you have a sauce
Add stock cube & water and simmer for 5 minutes
Add all seasonings
Add tomatos and cook for 2-3 minutes
Add chicken and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.

That's it.

It can be eaten as a sauce poured over rice or it can be put into a pastry case to make a pie (blind bake pastry first - then add chicken sauce mix and bake until pastry is brown (30 minutes ish).

The original ingredients are pre-diet so full fat!
I've only done it once since being on SW so I obviously dry fried the onions.
I replaced the cream with creme fraiche which I added right at the end just to heat through before serving with rice.
Creme fraiche curdles if you boil it or cook it for too long!

Last edited:
Back