2015 and It's Now or Never!

Hope your cough improves. The print is great for me - I can read it without my glasses - which is always nice :O)

Cough slightly better today thanks Caroline.

That mirror delivery was ridiculous,hope you gave them hell,so dangerous as well.Im surprised by Amazon,they always seen to over-do the packaging or go to extremes,packing order in seperate or several boxes & I'm left with loads of recycling. I signed up for a couple of subscriptions with them for scan bran & a herbal tea which I couldn't find in Ireland,they came in seperate huge boxes with masses & masses of packing.

Any plans for the weekend?We're just lounging & I'm catching up on some much needed housework,taking a tea & t'internet break now :)

I agree with that about Amazon... one extreme to another!
Not doing anything much (apart from coughing!.. :D )

The print is great Emm - I can read it on my tablet too :)

I'm on my phone,small screen & it's quite good ;)

Thanks for that info girls... I don't understand these things.. :confused:

Saturday 11th January 2014

Keep changing my diary title as it doesn't seem to suit.. :rolleyes:

Everything much the same again today altho' I did manage to get quite a few things done. Had a "poor me" five minutes this afternoon but gave myself a good shaking and resolved to count my blessings... "worse things at sea!" as my mum always used to say.

At least my weight is still at 188.4lbs which I am very pleased about.
Cals at about 1300+ so far but not worrying too much until I feel better.

always useful to keep one

I love your new title Em! Hope your cough clears up! xx

Afternoon chica, so glad you are feeling better. The cough seems to be lingering with everyone.
One of our friends said his ribcage and diaphragm were really hurting after coughing for 7 days.

Do not worry about the diet whilst you are not 100% well. Just be sensible and you'll be okay.

Thanks for the thoughts Bev.. coughing a bit less today... and I'm not bothering about the diet..As you say better to leave things for the mo'.

Not done anything much again all day.
Had kippers for evening meal but they didn't taste very nice but more likely to be my taste is a bit askew.
Cals now stand at about 1500 and I'm sure there's going to be a few more added before bedtime.

That's not too bad Emm - once you feel better and get over the nasty cold it will come off again.

Hi Emm - glad your cough is not so bad - as Bev says it is really hanging around.

Hope everything else is OK with you.

That's not too bad Emm - once you feel better and get over the nasty cold it will come off again.

Yes..I am quite okay with that and as you say it will most probably come off when I get back to things properly.

Hi Emm - glad your cough is not so bad - as Bev says it is really hanging around.

Hope everything else is OK with you.

Must admit that I had another bad night with the coughing so phoned the doc this morning and he left me a script for some anti-b's.. said that I should keep moving so my lungs keep working well.. I found that really funny! :8855:

Tuesday 14th January 2014

The antib's seem to have had a good effect and loosened the phlegm so am coughing a lot less now altho' I do have one of those horrible muggy type headaches thro' taking them... but there's always a side effect..(at least the tena ladies can be put away.. :D )

Lovely sunny day and that's always a great uplifter.

Just realised I should have gone for a phsyio app at 12.20.. :doh: .. but I really wasn't in a fit state to go anyway.

Afternoon Emm - so glad that the anti b's seem to be doing their job and that you feel a bit better.
I hate taking anti b's - they always give me a headache and bung me up.

You've obviously got our sun - it's cold and grey here today.

Afternoon Emm - so glad that the anti b's seem to be doing their job and that you feel a bit better.
I hate taking anti b's - they always give me a headache and bung me up.

You've obviously got our sun - it's cold and grey here today.

Thanks Bev.. and things have improved considerably again today too so I'm feeling a lot more chipper. Think I will continue with my rather slightly OTT menus for another couple of days and then get back to watching my intake when this cough really subsides...I know that sounds like a right excuse but I'm def setting the line as next Monday.

Home help came this afternoon and as usual have been left with a refreshed and sparkling home.. love it! Love it!

E-mail from Handy Adrian who is apparently expecting to have another op on his knee but asking when or if I am going to have my bathroom done this year.. How can I make any arrangements with him when he doesn't know what he will be doing in the next few months..? Anyway it got me to thinking about it and tbh I am not going to spend a lot of money have great alterations done to the décor in there as I might not be here much longer.. :8855:.. No..I'm not being morbid just looking at things in a more introspective manner... at least I think that's what I mean..:D.. but I shall be going to have a spa break at a nearby hotel for a couple of days when I do get it done.

Cals 1544 Carbs 148 Fat 69 so far

Glad you are feeling better Emm - what were you thinking of doing with your bathroom?

I had originally thought that I would have all of the walls tiled as at the mo' there are only tiles around the shower area but that would cost quite a bit and I'd rather spend the money on another... dare I say!..Cruise!?! .. :rolleyes:

I had originally thought that I would have all of the walls tiled as at the mo' there are only tiles around the shower area but that would cost quite a bit and I'd rather spend the money on another... dare I say!..Cruise!?! .. :rolleyes:

Cruise sounds far more sensible to me! :8855:

So the gain has almost gone. Yayyyyyy

I know what you mean though about body's doing their own thing.
I had pasta and there was syn-gate last night. Pasta bloats me and I always show a gain the following day.
Not today though - I'm 0.5 kg DOWN overnight (that's over a pound). Go figure that!

So the gain has almost gone. Yayyyyyy

I know what you mean though about body's doing their own thing.
I had pasta and there was syn-gate last night. Pasta bloats me and I always show a gain the following day.
Not today though - I'm 0.5 kg DOWN overnight (that's over a pound). Go figure that!

Yay.. to your 1lb down... :)

Usually my gains happen over a 48hr period.. Go figure that one! :D
Really strange isn't it?

Thursday 16th January 2014

Funny sort of night but then slept until 11am again!
Lovely sunny day and not very cold either so off to Morrisons for my lunch of roast chicken.. plus I had a hot chocolate too as I needed to take some tabs before my dinner arrived.
Had a drive around mainly to get rid of some of the stuff I have in my car boot.. a 2ltr of anti freeze which was never opened and bought yonks ago plus some other oddments of nearly empty car wax went to the dump. Then to Asda as I noticed the other day they had a box for Xmas card recycling but it was'nt there any more!!
Then to the Barclays bank at Eaton as my regular one was closed down. I had thought that there would be difficulty in parking but hadn't noticed before that they have a customers car park at the rear of the building so all was much easier than I expected.
Not felt at all like eating this evening altho' I'm sure that will change no doubt.
Cals so far 1211 and that's including something for my supper so all good.

Back