2015 and It's Now or Never!

I'm glad you're better now. I've got DD's dreadful cold.

Morning Emm!

It's lovely and sunny here. I hope it is where you are and that you can get out and enjoy the day.

Nice of DD to share her cold with you Mel...:D

Bit overcast here but the sun does keep struggling to come out altho' it does look a bit breezy. Have to take it easy again today as things still a bit iffy.

((( Hugs ))) Emm.
Did you do something to set it off or is it just a bad few days?
Glad it's feeling a bit better though today.

Think I've been rather over doing things lately.. getting swept up with this determination of sorting and throwing out business.. trouble is it means continually lifting things and twisting round to put them elsewhere which didn't do my back a lot of good.. much better today anyway so not to worry.

Going to put my mind on getting this sewing done.. having had a look thro all the pile of clothes in the bedroom the other week I now am left with a smaller pile in the bedroom and the rest laying on my settee awaiting the needle and thread operation!

I've still got loads of alterations to do to tops that are too big, but were too nice to give to charity shops.
I did about half of them 2 years ago and the rest are still wating in a big black plastic sack in the spare bedroom :(

Morning Em!

Nice of DD to share her cold with you Mel...:D

Bit overcast here but the sun does keep struggling to come out altho' it does look a bit breezy. Have to take it easy again today as things still a bit iffy.

Think I've been rather over doing things lately.. getting swept up with this determination of sorting and throwing out business.. trouble is it means continually lifting things and twisting round to put them elsewhere which didn't do my back a lot of good.. much better today anyway so not to worry.

Going to put my mind on getting this sewing done.. having had a look thro all the pile of clothes in the bedroom the other week I now am left with a smaller pile in the bedroom and the rest laying on my settee awaiting the needle and thread operation!

It was raining here earlier. :( I have sewing to do - I need to rework DD's new European Sham into two pillowcases. It's anti-procrastination day - so, I WILL do this!

I've still got loads of alterations to do to tops that are too big, but were too nice to give to charity shops.
I did about half of them 2 years ago and the rest are still wating in a big black plastic sack in the spare bedroom :(

I have a stack of DD's jeans to hem that have been waiting for months! I shall do those, as well.

Morning Emm - been on here trying to catch up for the past hour, but getting nowhere fast, Mini's keeps telling me it has lost the connection (I don't know how many times). It then asks if I want to recover the web page, but doesn't :) Pain

Hope all is good with you.

Nelli

And another morning from me too. Hope you're ok chica.

Morning Emm - been on here trying to catch up for the past hour, but getting nowhere fast, Mini's keeps telling me it has lost the connection (I don't know how many times). It then asks if I want to recover the web page, but doesn't :) Pain

Hope all is good with you.

Nelli

And another morning from me too. Hope you're ok chica.

Evening ladies... Been concentrating on my sewing.. got one trouser waist done and a second one took the bottoms up and then ran out of thread!
It was very difficult to keep my mind on that as I have so many things that I now want to throw out etc... also have to sort thro' my drawers and get rid of old things and put other ones away instead of having them in piles around the bedroom.

I am not going to keep a running record of my food intake altho' I do log it on MFP so I don't start over eating... so easily done.. but I shall keep up the WI totals.

Hope all had a good day... very warm here with a cool breeze.
Must see if I can pop into my back garden tomorrow and see if there are any strawberries...I expect the birds will have had most of them by now.

Evening all!.. Been quite busy today and went out despite my back feeling like it was about to give way completely..First call was to the charity shop to unload a whole heap of stuff..very nice shopping trolley plus pictures, T shirts, veg rack, roll of wallpaper ... and lots of other bits and pieces.
Called in to Argos to get a form for reclaiming the VAT on my rollator.. what a palaver! Took him absolutely ages to sort something except it was the wrong one.. so out came an office bod who then took ages to get the next form.. wrong one again. Finally had to describe the form they should have which she did eventually find and filled it out.. which is usually the customers job.. and then didn't know what should happen next! So as she was looking very perplexed I explained what to do and hopefully I should eventually get the VAT back..

Then went into Hobby Craft for some thread and bias binding.. only they don't call it that now.
Needed for a pair of trousers that I shortened at the waist and the bottoms only to find they were then a bit too short.
Meandered round the pound shop and then back home where after having had a bit of a nap I remembered I had forgotten to call in the docs for my prescription. Phoned them and very kindly she faxed it thro' to the Boots chemist down the road so all's well.

Been a really lovely day.. quite warm and just the right temp for me.
Did go into my back garden and picked a nice handful of raspberries and strawberries which will go down well with a spoonful of icecream this evening... treat for the day.

Evening Emm,

You have been busy sorting and donating.:)

I've stayed mostly indoors today as it's been too hot to sit out in it.

I finished scattering my stones around on the front garden.It looks tidy now.Just need a couple of hours rain to wash the dust off them.
I just need to get some pots to give a bit of colour.:)

Busy Friday indeed ! Anything planned for the weekend ?

Morning Mary and Carol... Keep expecting the charity shop to refuse anymore donations for a bit as I've been in there with so much stuff lately! Perhaps I'll find a different one instead for the time being... trouble is this one is so convenient for parking and a lot of them don't have the same facilities.

Plans for today is to pick up my script at the chemist and then go to the nearby Tesco to see if they have any bias binding as this I bought is just tape after all and not really suitable for the purpose... .:sigh: .. and then back home to try to get the rest of this sewing done.

Another thought on the diet front... after all this is a weight loss forum.. .. I shall continue to keep an account of my menus. Re-inspired as today I find I'm a pound down..Yay! 188.6 .. :clap:

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Tuesday 24th June 2014

My absence has been due to the fact that as my back pain has been horrendously bad for the last week I didn't want to continually write about it as any readers would be fedup with my continual moan.. but I have thought long and hard and come to the conclusion that as this is my diary and I get some relief and satisfaction from having a good ole moan and rant sometimes then so be it!.. skip that part if you will..
I have had to resort to taking my tablets.. a whole collection of them.. to bed with me plus a yogurt, spoon and drink so I can take them before I get up.. or at least after I have struggled to the loo and back as I don't want to be peeing in the bed. . :eek:
That said I still have my positive head on and am determined to take whatever is to be with gritted teeth and make the best of things. After the tabs take affect I am able to move reasonably okay and manage to get a few jobs done and.. more importantly.. see to keeping to a more suitable diet to get some of this weight to shift. Very annoying that now half way thro' the year I have virtually lost no weight at all. :sigh:

Sewing has not been done as yet but I have finished the little coat to the doll's layette which I am still going to do. Packed lots more stuff for the charity shop ..and the dump. Pity I didn't take a photo of my hoards before I began but now will be as good and then I'll post the before and after.

Now about to have my "dinner" and am very hungry seeing as this is my first day being strictly to rule.. :girlpower:

Tuesday contd:

Breakfast - Liberte Yogurt 100g + Oats 30g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Bread 25g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Cheese 49g
Dinner - Salmon baked in foil 149g + Cabbage 90g + Carrot 54g + Thousand Isle Dressing 15ml
Supper - Multigrain Crackers 2 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1276 Carbs 96 Fat 65 Protein 70 Sugars 50 Fibre 11

.. see to keeping to a more suitable diet to get some of this weight to shift. Very annoying that now half way thro' the year I have virtually lost no weight at all. :sigh:
Right - pep talk mrs!
I don't want this to sound condescending but . . .
Considering your age you do fantastically well.
The older we get the more difficult it is to lose - and I can say that with some authority.
It's only 2 years since I got to target and I'm now finding it more difficult than before to get back there.
Plus . . .
You have serious issues with pain that means you take meds that don't help your weight loss.
It also means that you have problems exercising - so that don't help your weight loss either.
You say you've lost virtually no weight. Well all I've done since Jan 1 is go up and down with a net gain of a kilo - over 2 lbs.

So - moan away about your aches and pains, we all understand and it helps to let off steam.
well done for getting back on plan though,
You CAN do this! :)

Right - pep talk mrs!
I don't want this to sound condescending but . . .
Considering your age you do fantastically well.
The older we get the more difficult it is to lose - and I can say that with some authority.
It's only 2 years since I got to target and I'm now finding it more difficult than before to get back there.
Plus . . .
You have serious issues with pain that means you take meds that don't help your weight loss.
It also means that you have problems exercising - so that don't help your weight loss either.
You say you've lost virtually no weight. Well all I've done since Jan 1 is go up and down with a net gain of a kilo - over 2 lbs.

So - moan away about your aches and pains, we all understand and it helps to let off steam.
well done for getting back on plan though,
You CAN do this! :)

Thankyou so much Bev..Bless you!
I do so hate to be thought of as a right old moaning Minnie!
As you so rightly say meds and age are very much against me somewhat.. but I shall persevere and continue to plod on..
:sign0151:

Wednesday 25th June 2014

Back pain just a wee bit less painful today... have a sore throat now to add to the joy!
Just took some rubbish down to put in the bin and then went into back garden to pick some more strawberries and raspberries.. not growing very big his year as I don't water them at all now and being in a raised planter they soon dry out. 125g strawbs and 45g rasps.

Watched Andy get thro' to next round altho' I did doze off a couple of times.

Planned to have salmon and a salad for my meal tonight but as I needed to take some more tabs I cancelled that and had something very easy. Now I have to adjust the evenings intake which is proving a bit difficult as I want to keep the carbs as low as poss.

Thursday 26th June 2014

Yesterday was going quite well until about 5pm when I began to feel very poorly again and ended up going to bed about 9o'clock.. slept fairly good and awoke about 2am with a searing sore throat and a bout of laryngitis. I have thrown the diet out of the window for the time being and unless I get a dramatic turn around by tomorrow I shall have to miss going to my substituted theatre performance of "Let's Dance" and a booked meal.. :sigh:
Not done hardly a thing as I've felt really awful all day.

((( Hugs ))) Emm - here's hoping you are okay tomorrow and go to the theatre and your meal

Back