2015 and It's Now or Never!

Morning Emm - the boys were really good weren't they. I cleaned out my freezer just before Easter and threw out stuff I didn't even know I had - it's not the best design in the world and stuff gets "lost" in there if I'm not careful - been walking J past a nice one in Costco but he's not taking the bait at all :)

Surely you should know by now Carol.. men don't take hints .. you have to tell them 'cos they're always thinking about football, food or the other thing..:D ..and not always in that order!

Things are sounding good food-wise Emm. I hope your health is better than usual - or at least no worse :).

Thanks Caroline.. the old bones continue on in like manner..sometimes creaking more than others!

Morning Emm x

Morning Liverbird..thanks for the visit.

Yesterday I went out to lunch and then to Tesco for a few more salad and fruit ingredients plus a bar of chocolate which I am very pleased to tell you still sits unopened on top of my fridge!..But I was then overtaken by the most horrendous tiredness or should I say exhaustion..as soon as I walked indoors that I couldn't do anything but go to bed...it does make me wonder whether this is part of just a sort of phobia thing as I felt perfectly okay walking from the car and upstairs, it only hits me as I come in..Very strange!

Counts for yesterday anyway Cals 1221 Carbs 128 Sodium 804

Weight was STS which was okay with me.

Tuesday 21st April 2015

Lovely day again..and very warm.

Boiler not working so no hot water again. Man called about an hour later and firstly checked the radiators to see if there was a leak as apparently it may have caused this. Didn't find anything so fixed it.

Sewing group this afternoon and one of the women showed how to make a scissors holder. I cut out the pieces by scissors which were a top, bottom and padding but they ended up just a wee bit different in sizes to the amount of about 1/8th of an inch but her in charge wasn't happy with that so took it and cut it on the board with a quilting cutter. Then my stitching wasn't good enough so she machined it for me instead.. then took it and ironed it, turned it out and pressed it for me ready for the final stitching which is all I have to do.. That was hard work! :D
Trying very hard not to be negative but tbh the chatterbox lady was the only one who was "friendly" the others all seemed totally disinterested in anything I had to say.. not going to let that stop me from going anyway.. perhaps it will be different again next time.

Feeling a bit disgruntled at that I devoured a couple of biscuits when I got home so had to alter my menu for tonight's meal.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Bran 5g + Honey 7.5g + Banana
Lunch - Bread 34g + Cheese 40g
Snacks - Mango + Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Eggs scrambled 2 + Bread 31g + Butter 6g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1284 Carbs 150 SatFat 24 Protein 52 Sodium 982 Fibre 197

Hi Emm , hope you've had a good day x

Hi there.. all going quite well today thanks.

Wednesday 22nd April 2015

Up quite early and watched "The Wright Stuff" then got going and caught up with my washing and tidying lots of odds and ends that gradually get left until another time.
Phone call from a friend who lives fairly nearby who invite me round for a cuppa next Tuesday.

Menus gone well too so very pleased with that.

Breakfast - Bread 31g + Butter 6g
Lunch - Eggs boiled 2 + Bread 31g + Butter 6g
Snacks - Orange 1 + Grapes 100g
Dinner - Fish Pie homemade + Carrot 115g + B.Sprouts 60g + Stringless Beans 49g + Th.Isle Dressing 30g
Supper - Liberte Strawberry Yogurt 100g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1135 Carbs 138 SatFat 21 Protein 61 Sodium 976 Fibre 18

Morning Emm - you're just going to have to stop buying biscuits Mrs :8855:
I don't buy crisps and nuts any more because if they're there I eat them. If they're not it doesn't bother me.

Morning Emm - you're just going to have to stop buying biscuits Mrs :8855:
I don't buy crisps and nuts any more because if they're there I eat them. If they're not it doesn't bother me.

Morning Bev, glad to know that you're feeling much better.

The biscuits are a good standby for when I just can't get anything else at a quick snatch when things are bad. I know that seems like a right excuse and I have tried keeping lots of small yogurts in the fridge but it does then mean the action of taking off the lid, getting a spoon...all very trivial and seemingly ridiculous "problems" but when in real agony and every movement causes distress biscuits are a necessary evil... Sorry if that sounds like a poor me episode but just telling it how it is.
Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.. :)

Thursday 23rd April 2015

It's a glorious day once again my window is open and it seems very warm as well.. in fact lady going past in just jeans and a blouse.

Off to the hairdresser this afternoon and starting a writing course this evening which should be interesting.

How about buying sugar-free biscuits? That should keep the carb content down a bit.
I occasionally buy sugar-free digestives and they taste almost the same as normal ones - but are a but crunchier.

Good idea.. Why didn't I think of that! Anything to get the carbs lower!
Thanks a lot!

Just got back from the writing course which was great!
Six of us altogether and very nice women they are.. very enjoyable evening.
I read them my "Slimming Resolution" poem which they thought was very funny and all had a good laugh.. Can't wait for next week's session.
Food -wise a bit of a disaster as I fell asleep when I got home after having my hair done and just managed to get to the writing course in time which meant a very naughty snack meal and not going to worry about that as I'm not here for a couple of days and things are bound to go a bit awry anyway.

Last edited:
Hope you're all packed and ready to go.
Have a safe journey and a fantastic time at the Mini's meet tomorrow!

Back