2015 has got to be my year! My diary...

That's great about your daughter. My son's so fussy at eating and tiny too so I understand your excitement!

WI will be fine :) 7lbs eh! Lucky thing! Men always seem to lose more than women I find xx

Smoked salmon risotto sounds good:)...do you have a recipe?
Good that your OH is sort of following too:)
Good luck for weigh in, never know you may beat your OH :D

Heya, I don't use a recipe for risotto, I have been cooking it for years so just tweak it. Just fry onion/garlic/celery in fry light then add arborio rice, and do the usual adding stock when it needs it and add the smoked salmon at the end. I also put asparagus in mine, didn't cook it before but added it with the first loud of stock. It was yum.

im going to make prawn cocktail salad for lunch, just need to find a recipe that doesn't use mayonaise!

x

Here's my food diary for today. Thing have been good, just used 4 syns on some chocolate but feeling like it's not enough!

B: Yogurt & oats (hexb) & banana
L: Prawn cocktail salad and a little cheese (hexa) & pear
D: Cottage pie w/ courgettes and broccoli, yogurt

S: Satsumas & chocolate - 4 syns used.

feeling really hopeful for weigh in tomorrow!x

Hi everyone! it's weigh in day today and I am down 5.5lb! I am absolutely over the moon. I've stayed 100% on plan this week! and it's boosted my confidence to carry on next week now. Although I will have a cheeky glass of wine to celebrate later. My diary for today looks like this:

B: tomato and basil egg muffins
L: prawn and salmon roll (60g wholemeal roll hexb)
D: piri piri chicken w/ spicy rice and syn free coleslaw

S: will def have a wine tonight to celebrate, so I guess I will use 15 syns worth on that!

just off to take the kids swimming, hope everyone is having a great day and a successful weekend! X

Thank you Millie, I'm so pleased! How are you getting on?

my fake nandos chicken last night was yummy, but really healthy! I've added a pic. I've just put the pulled pork recipe in the slow cooker on high so it's ready in time for dinner tonight, can't wait!

i was a bit naughty last night and had one of my chocolate fondants from the freezer (left over from a dinner party), I dread to think how many syns it has in it! But I did so well last week thought I could do with a treat!x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 22
Thank you cactus! I didn't post my diary yesterday, as was so busy! But here's what I had:

B: banana
L: cheese & tomato omelette (hex a)
D: BBQ pulled pork w/ chips, coleslaw & a wholemeal roll (hex b) - this was delish!

this is what I've had today:

B: oats & yogurt w/ summer fruits(hex b)
L: Sausage and bean casserole (1 syn)
D: egg fried rice

might have some warm milk later as I haven't had my hex a.

hope everyone has had a good weekend!

Well done on the loss! I only joined last week so I'm looking for some good meal ideas. Those muffins sound great so I need to invest in a yorkshire pudding tin. First weigh-in on Monday. Hopefully I can get a loss like you. If not I might just copy your meals for the week ;).

Thank you Zafira!

And Hello Dan, thank you for commenting! I'm sure you are doing fabulous, please update me when you have had your weigh in. I'm a proper foodie and I love cooking, it's probably my best hobby, so i suppose I'm lucky that I don't mind spending time in the kitchen! Also I'm currently a stay at home mum, so I have more time to do it than others I guess. I do sometimes get stuck for new ideas though. I like a bit of variety!

my meals today have looked like this:

B: Oats and yogurt w/ summer fruits (hex b)
L: Jacket potato w/ homemade coleslaw, ham and cheese (hex a)
D: Chilli w/ salad and rice

have had a banana, pear and Satsumas so far today. I'm not feeling any slimmer yet despite the 5.5lb loss last week, but I guess it will take a while.

Hope everyone is having a successful day! X

Hi just got back from weigh in. -7 :)

I love cooking too, just wish I had the time after work to whip up lots of good healthy food but I can feel a binge of jacket spuds coming on if I'm not careful. Hope you have another good week this week.

Dan, that's amazing! Bet it has given you such a booze for next week too! Congratulations! How do you feel?

Before kids I used to do a lot of batch cooking on the weekend so I would have meals to come home to after work. Also do you have a slow cooker? You can quickly rustle a stew or something together before you leave the house and leave to cook all day so it's ready when you get home. You could even do the prep for this the night before, and there are some recipes that you don't need to do anything with before hand and just shove it all in! It always takes a few weeks to get into the groove, hopefully we will both get there! Let me know if you have any tips! X

I feel great thanks. It proves I can do it, something I was doubtful of.

I don't have a slow cooker but I've started making enough for at least two meals then freezing half for later. Works well on work days for me.

You really can do it! Please keep me updated to your future losses. Or do you have a diary I can follow?

ive been out for lunch today and hope I picked the right choice. Here's what I've had/having today:

B: Scrambled egg and banana
L: Carrot & ginger soul w/ wholemeal bread (used hex b and a further 6 points, so hope I should cover this!)
D: pork meatballs in tomato sauce and pasta. Yogurt.

hopefully won't use any more points today. I'm feeling a bit nervous as I have a kind of interview in a bit. Just waiting for my husband to come back from work to take over from the kids and then I can go to this "informal chat". Bit of a weird situation really that we live on the campus of a boarding school (hubby is teacher there) and I might be becoming a house parent which is just checking on the kids at bedtime. Don't know why I feel nervous though! I know the person I'm having a "chat" with! Wish me luck!

Thank you everyone! The chat went well and I'll be starting in a few weeks. I really hope I can loose a bit more before I start for confidence reasons. I have no experience working with young people, and now suddenly I will be in charge of 40 18 year old girls 3 nights a week!

Ive be just been out for lunch at my friends house and she was super thoughtful and made me a really slimming world friendly lunch, so that was kind of her. It was yummy too! So here's what I've had/having today:

B: Oats with yogurt and summer fruits (hex b) & banana
L: Jacket potato with chicken and vegetable skewers and 1 tbsp hummous (4 syns) & Satsumas
D: Chicken caccitore with pasta & yogurt

Hope everyone is having a successful day. I'm looking forward to Friday morning weigh in, but don't feel like I've done too well this week... We will soon see! X

I've just had my usual Friday morning weigh in and I am down 0.5lb. I'm a bit disappointed and feel a little deflated! I stuck to the plan so not sure where I've gone wrong. It may be compensation for my huge 5.5lb loss last week. Feeling positive for this week though. It's my sons first birthday on Tuesday and we are having a family party on Sunday which will be typical party food. My mum is hosting but I think I will take crudités and dip so at least something healthy there! Then having a afternoon cake party for his little friends on Monday... Then off to our usual play group on Tuesday and taking more cake! But I really hope I can keep my sensible head on and not give in to the cake! Has anyone been watching that horizon programme on bbc? About the diets? Well did the test tend I'm a feaster! I'm not surprised because once I start I really cannot stop! Fingers crossed we all have a successful weekend! This is my diary for today:

B: leftover chicken caccitore & banana
L: beans in toast w/ cheese (hex a & b), fruit for pudding
D: slow cooker gammon in diet coke (!) w/ slimming world chips, egg and veg. & a yogurt!

wish me luck! X

Back