Minerva's corner...

Hope your OH didn't have to hang around too much longer and has now been discharged.

Pleased to hear about your kitty, I'm really hoping he continues to be ok. You are absolutely right, giving him lots of love and attention will definitely be helping - I think for both humans and animals having a good positive mental health really helps the physical health x

How are you doing Minerva?

Just catching up, sorry to hear about your oh, hope everythings ok now.
Good to hear about your kitty :)
Sending hugs, hoping you are ok x

Needless to say, I fell off the wagon again :p It's so much harder to diet in the summer and the OH was home for a week and a half - and it's more challenging when he's home... He's been recovering from his operation so I made sure he had lots of nice food and he always insists on having lunch and I feel awkward eating something small in front of him sometimes.... plus I get tempted myself. It being so hot though, did prompt healthy eating - more salads and greens, but I did eat too much. Portion sizes grew!
Oh well, I did start clawing it back on Monday; Monday ended up at about 1400 calories (around maintenance amount) and yesterday was back to 1000 or below. I'd also been jumping around plans, trying to do a VLCD, which messed up what WAS working before - the 16:8 with CC. Why did I go off that? VLCD just made me feel deprived and it made me rebel. The CC doesn't usually do that as I regard it MY choice to eat or not to eat certain things. It works better... So I'll be going back to that.
Oh well, here's to a fresh start and bring on the August challenge :D

Thank you Cassi! I'm not posting much at the moment, was sort of maintaining since mid-june ^^ Should have been trying to lose some more weight really, BUT, at the same time, in a way, a break away from dieting and letting the body have a moment to catch up is good too. Haven't gained weight (just water weight bouncing up and down really) so I guess it's fine.

BUT having said that, I'm gonna do the August 100% challenge, try to lose a little this month and get back into the swing of things. So back to 16:8 and CC for me! :D Keeping it at 1200 or below daily, so here I go. :) If anyone wants to join in, the thread is here: https://www.minimins.com/threads/august-challenge-31-days-to-get-back-on-track-for-xmas.355435/

I agree with you that summer dieting is definitely more difficult!! All those lovely beer gardens and bbqs! It's still an achievement maintaining for a bit though, and good to give your body a bit of a break from dieting

Yeah, summer is just more social and there's more events and beer gardens to sit in :p I'm not a big drinker though, so I'm not too pulled by it. Mostly just the "I don't wanna diet and want to enjoy myself"... plus summer gifts us with all the wonderful fruit and berries that I love so much! They're nowhere near as tasty in the winter.

Re-start is going well, I don't feel like I'm forcing myself this time like I was feeling a few weeks ago. Maybe it's because I've gone back to what works for me - eating real food rather than VLCD packs. Think being on them for so long previously just makes me too resentful and angry now. So, I'll stick to what I know works and keep going while the motivation is back up again! :D

The August challenge is pretty much what I needed to be honest... I'm not really thinking about weight I have to lose or dieting AS SUCH. I'm just concentrating doing a 100% day, one at a time. I guess that helps. Each day is its own challenge rather than there being this massive thing I have to get to where each day is almost a grey blur in the midst of a bigger thing. Sometimes thoughts of needing to lose weight by a certain period of time or needing to see a certain number on the scales becomes too... daunting and all consuming. So this is nice. At the moment anyway. I'm not sure this will last, but at least my motivation is back. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts. :)

WI this morning, 5lb off! :) Finally reached 100lb off since I started this whole weight loss thing too! :D Yaaay!
That's 7lb over two weeks which haven't been completely 100%, but I've been 'good' since 1st August - first full week on track in the right mindframe for a few months now! :D I don't have any events coming up this week, so should be able to stick to my plan. Here's to another good week. ^_^ Another 6lb to go until my next target which is to be in the 10s!

Wow, 100lbs is amazing!! Such an achievement Minerva, you should be really proud :) And only 6lb until the 10s :) Now that should be an incentive to keep your motivation up!! Hope this week also goes well x

Today's sneaky peek at the scales was 11st 2.8 ... another 4 lbs to goooo... Hopefully by the end of the month the 10's will come! I have a BBQ I'm attending on the bank holiday weekend, maybe by then! It'll be so good! :D Needless to say I won't be 100% on that weekend, some days off are good too ^^ But, with the kitchen being ripped out I'll have to work something out food wise so I'm not relying on awful food for half a month. Hmmm. Ugh. I hate not being able to cook, I usually don't do ready meals, they're manky. But, needs must sometimes...

Well done!! I bet you're totally going to reach the 10s no problem! Losing 100lbs is just so incredible - keep up the fantastic work!

Hope you gave a great time at the BBQ, too! :D

Well done, you're doing so well at the moment :) And 10s by the end of the month is definitely do-able.

Wow not having a kitchen for half a month sounds tough! I have alot of sympathy as I don't know what I'd do without my kitchen! I'm also not a fan of ready meals and don't even own a microwave. Do you have a slow cooker? I rarely use mine but think it would come in really handy in a kitchenless situation.

Hope you're having a good weekend so far x

WI @ Week 3 = -4 lbs! Yay! :D
11st 0.6 technically on the scales, but I rounded it up to 11st 1. Hopefully if I'm on track I should start seeing those 10's this week or early next week :D :D :D So happy!

Well done, you're doing so well at the moment :) And 10s by the end of the month is definitely do-able.

Wow not having a kitchen for half a month sounds tough! I have alot of sympathy as I don't know what I'd do without my kitchen! I'm also not a fan of ready meals and don't even own a microwave. Do you have a slow cooker? I rarely use mine but think it would come in really handy in a kitchenless situation.

Hope you're having a good weekend so far x

Slow cooker, that's a great idea! Thank you! I do actually have one, I had a fleeting thought when I saw it when I was packing bits away to use it, but you've reminded me of it! :D
Being without a kitchen will be a nightmare, but it'll be worth it. The one that came with the house is about 16 years old and is absolutely falling apart at the seams...!

WI @ Week 3 = -4 lbs! Yay! :D
11st 0.6 technically on the scales, but I rounded it up to 11st 1. Hopefully if I'm on track I should start seeing those 10's this week or early next week :D :D :D So happy!
Well done Minerva!:0clapper:

Excited for you:woohoo:

Back