21-stone man on diet (seeking advice!)

mrbloat

Banned
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum so I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting this in the right section. I apologise if I am...

I'm an obese guy who weighs in around 21-stone. I've been fat most of my life and suffered alot for it. I decided a week ago that I was going to have to make a serious lifestyle change and I discovered this forum.

I'm going to post a list of what I ate today. PLEASE feel free to give me some advice on what I'm doing right/wrong. I'm very new to all of this. Due to my size and weight, I'm just doing one step at a time. I would love to hear tips from you.

This is what I've eaten today. ( For exercise I did 15 minutes on the exercise bike first thing in the morning and went for three 30-minute walks during the day) :

MONDAY

Breakfast :

1 poached egg on brown buttered roll
1 cup of coffee
1 orange

Snack :

1 apple

Lunch :

2 cod fillets + stir fried vegetables (broccoli,red onion + spring onion) + rice

Snack :

1 banana with honey
1 handful of pecan nuts

Dinner :

1 can of tuna (mixed with mayo+soya sauce+lemon+honey+seasoning) + sweetcorn + rice + grapes in low-fat yoghurt + an egg

Snack :

1 handful of grapes

Welcome mate and enjoy the support and helpful tips you will find on this site. I myself have been over weight all my life, and at various times I have managed to shed loads of weight, but sadly I regained it back and more each time. I has on my latest attempt taken loife at an easier pace re cutting down and exercising. I am following the plan, more gently. To rush into a diet plan thats hard to maintain is a plan for disaster, as for exercise keep to a routine that can be upped and when ur body needs it to match in with ur weightloss. But anyhow very good wish on ur journey, but small meaning changes that can be kept be done every day for the rest of ur life will produce results on weightloss front. And remember weight gain never takes a holiday, so keep that guard up

Hey and welcome to minis, it is a big and busy forum so it does take a little while to get used to where everything is!

Well done on deciding to lose weight, I hope all goes well for you.

Your daily food diary there looks really good. Lots of variety and plenty of fruit and veg.
I guess the only thing I could say is that maybe you could lower the carb intake a little, especially in the evening. Not right away if you're making little changes but perhaps in the future one of your meals could just be protein and veg/fruit.

Oh if you head on over to the slimming world section (I know you're not doing that diet) there is a thread on there where people post their recipes and you can get some excellent ideas for different meals on there.
I'm on a vlcd but I look at that thread to drool over the yummy food!!

Back