22's to 21's!

Well I now feel duty bound to admit that I whopped down two Cadbury crème eggs, a steak bake pasty and a bakewell tart!
What are we doing??!! :rotflmao:
I honestly believe this will be the first time ever since I was 14 years old and started losing weight that I'll have put on in my first week. :cry:
I just haven't stopped grazing.

I'm actually really looking forward to tomorrows weigh in just so I can start over. Like you I've bought in foods to get me off to a good start. We're taking my parents food shopping in the morning so I'll get in my last few bits and next week is going to be a great one. I know I can do it. We both can, as we've proved before.

I've been sipping at the fake 'Pimms' drink that's posted on here. It is amazing. Now that was a really good find. Have you ever tried it? I actually think it tastes and smells really like Pimms, too. Was a bit horrified at adding Balsamic but its all good. :D

'Pimms' thread

I made mine with orange & lemon sliced in and cucumber. I also picked some mint leaves from the garden and threw those in. Delicious! I also halved the amounts.

I lost, I only flipping lost! I've taken off 2lbs this morning. :happy036: I am so glad now I didn't go mad and have that bag of chips I so fancied or eat that bar of chocolate I hid in the kitchen drawer. :D

Of course now I'm thinking of how much weight I could have lost if I'd stuck to plan. My first time doing SW I lost 11lbs in my first week. Ah but so what, I'm more than happy with my 2lb this time round.

So what sort of meals are you having this week, Hipps?

Well done, 2lb is a fab loss, it's great that you've lost when you thought you hadn't and you did say you were easing yourself into it, nicely done. :)

I've written a menu plan for the week which includes; chicken risotto, roast chicken dinner and chicken madras (all from one bleedin' large chicken!) it's all old fashioned food in our house, nothing fancy here, lol, although I have got my eye on some of Pete's recipes to try.

I've got yet another confession to make... no, not that I'm sat here eating a bar of chocolate... not this time, no, it's that I've never had Pimms in my life! Shocking isn't it!?

I've been just terrible all week so I've decided to go to a different class on Wednesday this week and see if I can pull it back a bit by then... yes, Ellie, maybe some people would say that's cheating... :whistle: lol.

Anyway, it's a glorious day out there so I'm dragging everyone out for a nice stroll, enjoy the rest of your weekend. :) xxx

Nah its not cheating. Do what you have to do. ;)

Like the sound of your meals. I've had all my files and books out to plan a menu and then my brother called and I've been on the phone to him for ages. Can't men natter.:blahblah::blahblah: We can't hold a candle to them when they're in a mind to talk. :p

I'm having Steak, homemade wedges, salad, grilled tomatoes, peas and mushrooms for dinner tomorrow but that's as far as I've got. Rhubarb and yogurt will probably be my brekkies but I've no idea about tea.

I'll figure it all out while DH sleeps tomorrow afternoon before he goes to work. Too tired to think it out now.

Be good and enjoy your weekend. ;)

Ohh, your dinner sounds lovely, I love steak but I just can't chew it, it makes my teeth hurt too much, lol! I did a lovely risotto last night, chicken, bacon & mushroom, very nice. :)

I've got a friend like that, you can't get him off the phone! Saying that, I think I upset him by calling him a bully last time I spoke to him, he got pretty defensive (and a bit snidey!) so he might not ring back for a while!

I went to weigh-in and lost 1.5lb, I'm over the moon with that, I'd had a terrible week and ate everything in sight, including fish-fingers and chips (which I'd forgotten all about until I've just read it here!) so I really wasn't expecting it at all. It's made me feel inspired again too, I think I might actually have turned a corner.

How have you been this week? Hope all is well in your world. x

:clap::clap:Well Done on that loss. Did you decide not to go to tomorrows class after all then?

I've been eating very erratically. Sometimes good, sometimes very not! I discovered a little garden centre out in the country near us and they only do homemade cakes and desserts! :eek: Homemade cheesecake, massive slices and practically inch thick biscuity base. Who can say no to that. :drool:

Then we had to nip across and do some out of town shopping and that involved walking past Starbucks. A frappucinno was had. :banghead: Too much temptation around and still trying to get back into the swing of things.

Still got three days to be good until weigh in. I'm going to need them because as I type DH is getting me a Kelly's honeycomb clotted cream cornet. Only a little one, though. ;)

So your friend got the strops, did he? Guys can be so touchy. :p

Everything in your post just sounds so delicious, clotted cream honeycomb ice-cream... Oh, my... I don't even eat ice-cream, but that sounds gorgeous!

Yes, I went back to my original class on Monday, I realised that I was using everything as an excuse, weekends, my weigh-day, the time of day, my issues with eating, etc, and felt I just had to stop, get back to basics and try my best to stick to the plan. I was just being silly and childish and messing about, so I went back to my usual class and I'm so glad I did, can't believe I lost though after such a terrible week.

I've actually been okay since Monday, I've cut down on my rubbish loads, yesterday I had bacon, egg and mushrooms for brunch and SW quiche with salad for dinner (and only went over my syns by a handful ;)) and today I had cereal for breakfast (look at me eating breakfast!) and scrambled eggs and mushrooms for lunch, not sure what the plan is for dinner yet, but it will NOT be takeaway. :) Pride always comes before a fall though, all this bragging about how well I'm doing when I'll probably fall face first into a chicken chow mien later... lol.

Yeah, he strops if I don't answer the phone 3 times in a row, he thinks I've got to be sat in waiting for his calls! He upset me quite a lot in the last call though, he got quite personal in his attack, so I might be the stroppy one this time and ignore his calls for a while. :)

I'm still waiting to read Ellie's Diary, did you forget to send me the link? xxx

Never hurts to ignore a few calls if they've been upperty. Puts them in their place. :p We hardly need others personally attacking us, we do a good enough job of doing that ourselves if we read half of what people say on here. Don't you find that we are mostly all hard on ourselves? I know I am on myself.
Then of course I'm kind to myself and have a clotted cream honeycomb ice cream. :rolleyes:
Do you know they do a clotted cream and raspberry one, too? :eek: Morrisons needs to end that half price offer before its my undoing! I'm a tightwad and would never consider paying £3.99 a tub so I'd be safe. :D

I'm impressed again with your meals so far. I have bacon and eggs. Not mushrooms but I've cherry tomatoes. There is no excuse for eating 2 rounds of toast but I just have. I am being lazy. I had a beef sandwich for lunch that I could have made into a salad or even a hot meal. I'll try harder tomorrow.
I seem to be resisting getting back on plan which is crazy. I must get my head sorted as I know how happy it makes me when I'm eating well.

It's so hard to get back on it, you really have to get your head in the right place but you're more than half-way there so you will still lose weight. I was getting away with 'half-way there-ish' for ages, but it's caught up with me and shockingly I have to actually stick to the plan now!! :D

I'm the same with ice-cream, it's far too expensive. My eldest loves Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice-cream, but he doesn't get it unless it's on half price! :)

We're off to a caravan for the weekend and for the first time ever I'm all prepared, tidied and more or less packed! So organised, so not like me, lol! Our youngest is bursting with excitement, he can't wait, he wanted to start packing last Thursday! It's annoying because the weather has been beautiful, glorious sunshine for weeks and the day we're going away it changes to cold and rainy, Sod's law! We've spent many a rainy weekend in a caravan though, so I know we'll still have a great time (fingers crossed!).

I'm less convinced that I can eat well though. I'm not planning on cooking at all this weekend, so I'm going to have to try to have as much free food/HE's as I can in with the chippy chips and wine and see if it'll balance out... Ah, who am I kidding? Okay, so I'm just getting my excuses in early and the reality is it's highly doubtful I'll lose anything on Monday, lol! :D

How are you doing and what are your weekend plans? Up to anything nice? xxx

Last edited:
Ellie, where are you? How did you do on Saturday?

I lost another wee pound this week, which I'm very happy with. I've only got 3.5lb to my next half stone award, so I'll be focusing on that in the next few weeks. I really (childishly!) want a new sticker... we got new books at Christmas with the new SP plan (which is more or less just a fancy name for Red days without the Muller lights!) and I haven't put any new shiny stickers on there in four whole months, well, other than that one flukey week when I got Slimmer of the Week for losing a pound, lol!

Hope you're doing okay, let us know how you're getting on. :)

Hi Hipps, I'm fine but definitely not in the groove at the mo. I just can not get back on the wagon no matter how I try. I was trying to work on a tiny budget as DH loves his job but the wages are peanuts and I was getting fed up.

Its silly really as we have some extra money put by since he lost his dad and so we've decided to up my food budget for a few months to get us kicked off. (well me really, the men folk don't have much to lose but could both benefit from dropping a couple of stone or so).

The weight has gone crazy high. I don't know exactly how high but I think I had gained around a stone during that time.

I shall try again for a restart on Monday and keep trying until I get on my way again. I'm just finding it the hardest this time than ever before and it does worry me. DH just told me to order some new clothes this week and let me feel good about myself now instead of putting off the buying until later. It does feel lovely to have some new clothes but I'm not going mad. I've bought cooler things so I don't melt this summer! I hate getting overheated every year even in the rubbish summers. :D

Apart from that everything dandy here, although we are all down with colds at the moment. :sick:

Enough about me, hows it going for you?

Aw, sweetie, it's good to see you back! Sorry you've been struggling, it is so hard sometimes (and even harder on a tight budget!) but it really does sound like you're doing all the right things. I love that you're looking after yourself now and buying some new clothes, wearing clothes you like can really help to build your confidence can't it. I find a haircut can help too, and it's always easier to diet when we're feeling happy about ourselves. :)

I'm sorry, I can't remember, do you go to a class?

I left my class (mostly because of money!) but I'm thinking about going back next week. I'm still hovering around the mid-19's, where I've been for months and months. I keep switching and changing, trying to get 'it' back too. I've been great this week, stuck to it to the letter, and gained 2.5lb! It is TOTM, but that doesn't usually matter. I'm sticking at it though, I want to be lighter than this for my holiday in July!

Good luck getting back to it this week. Keep us all updated on how you're getting on. xxx

ps- Still haven't spotted that diary of yours anywhere yet? How's it coming along? ;)

Last edited:
LOL They would laugh me off the diary board if I started one. This week is no better than last. Two takeaways and a cream cake.:(

I don't go to class as have mobility issues and I'm anti-social. :p I'm not joining online again because I know what to do I just don't get on and do it. I shall just have to keep on trying. It will fall into place eventually I'm sure.

All my new clothes arrived. So pretty and cool. I look a sight in my shorts but do I care?! :D I'll stick to my cropped ones for public view but my neighbours will see the full delight of my knee length ones as I bend over tending my borders. :D

I got back into the 22's last night though minimins was down when I last got in. Hoping I can stay in the 22's through Xmas and then head to the 21's

I'm here :) 22.11 this morning after a super loss this week, very chuffed to be here, hoping I don't stay too long this time and hopefully never leave through the wrong door again.

Last edited:
Star week has finally kicked in and my weight is all over the show. Not much hope of a loss this week :-(

I was right, pound on :-( I'm glad my PCOS means I don't have star weeks often.... Still in the 22's though so flat out this coming week to make up for it.

I was 22.1/4 this morning... so close to the 21`s :) xxxx

Back