25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

Went over my calories yesterday, up to 1800. It was stupid, actually, I really could have stuck at under 1600.

I was a pig and had a potato, cheese and butter just for comfort/entertainment. Bad bad bad!

This morning I see I have gained 3.6lb! Yesterday was 343.4 and today 347. I weighed four times and got the same reading every time. And this was AFTER using the bathroom.

However I am not going to get disheartened, and in fact I am not even going to log it, because I am sure it will drop off again after a few more days.

=========

Now that I have completed two whole weeks and (if we ignore today) lost 7lb, I was wondering in bed this morning (I have been awake since 2am!) what experiments I could carry out on myself for the next two weeks, to see what effect it has on my weight loss. Here were my ideas:

• Eat no meat, only fish (specifically, pilchards, salmon, tuna and cod).
  • Do 1 hr aqua-zumba every day
  • Take the carb-blocker pills that arrived yesterday

I don't have to decide today, because the pool doesn't open till 0930 and I think that is too late for me.

I got up at 6am and began painting my office floor. I can't do it all in one go, as the office is in daily use, so I am doing about 1/3 today. Sitting/lying on the hard floor is absolute agony on my hips. Had to stop and take painkillers. You'd think that all this fat would make my body comfy on the floor, but the weight being all compressed onto one part of one limb is immense. I cannot paint bent double, my huge legs prevent me from squatting or kneeling, so I really do have to be on the floor lying on my side. OUCH.

Helena

Helena,
I think,with love, that you really need to stick to one diet for a longer period.
The suggestion of slimming world is a good one, because ether are some parts of it where you cogent certain foods you have have unlimited amounts of, so you wouldn't need to restrict yourself.
if you're ok planning your meals to stay within 1600-1800 meals though, then stick with that.

either way though,i really think you should stick with something (maybe set a time frame of a month?) and see how it goes.

im not an expert (clearly in my situation) but hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts xxxx

you can do it Helena x

Helena,
I think,with love, that you really need to stick to one diet for a longer period.
The suggestion of slimming world is a good one, because ether are some parts of it where you cogent certain foods you have have unlimited amounts of, so you wouldn't need to restrict yourself.
if you're ok planning your meals to stay within 1600-1800 meals though, then stick with that.

either way though,i really think you should stick with something (maybe set a time frame of a month?) and see how it goes.

im not an expert (clearly in my situation) but hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts xxxx

you can do it Helena x

Hi Claire

Of course I always like to hear others' opinion. But I think maybe you misunderstood me, sweetheart. I wasn't going to change my diet plan of 1600 to 1800 calories. I'm happy to carry on with that. The proposed changes are merely to increase the fish intake to replace the meats (which have bad things in them) or to increase my activity, or take those pills, which comprise white kidney bean extract and guarana extract, which supposedly block carbs.

Just after posting this morning I sliced off the top of my right pinkie with the mandoline, and have been dealing with the blood ever since. Have got that under control now. I think that is going to stop me from going to the pool unless I can find a surefire way of keeping the dressing 100% dry. I went into shock, felt dizzy, then went into several shaking fits. I am now craving a giant bar of Galaxy as a comfort and consolation for the loss of the tip of my finger. It's rather annoying that I will have to stop painting the floor, too. I might walk down to Boots and see if I can get some kind of a rubber finger cover so I can carry on with life.

Hi Ladies
Just found this thread and I can relate to what you've said in your first post.

My husband cycles 20 miles a day, and walks a minimum of 8 (he's a postie) so is very active (although still classed as overweight) I want to be able to go walking with him and just can't do that at the minute.

We can do it! x

HELP!!!

There is a 100g bar of Lindor in the house an I fear I am going to eat it.

My finger was bleeding for hours and I went into shock; I felt dizzy and weird, then went ice cold all over and kept having waves of trembling coming over me. I also burst into tears a few times. I feel like SUCH a big baby! There was nobody home but I phoned a friend, then 111 NHS then I went to the pharmacist and felt odd and giddy when I was out. Somehow I found myself in a chicken place like KFC and bought 3 pieces and large fries, and went home and gobbled it all down - almost in a trance - and when I 'came to my senses' I regretted eating them, as it's put me up to 1,888 calories :-(

I also came home with a red Lindor bar. Probably got 800c in it, I shouldn't wonder. It's in the fridge, like an unexploded bomb, and I am sure I am going to eat it, unless i can summon up the strength and courage to break it into bits and throw it down the loo. I wish there was a Minimins hotline we could ring, and have someone come and confiscate such things.

Helena,
sorry to hear you've had what sounds like a really traumatic morning.

close your eyes, take some deep breaths and think back to those goals in your first post. Think about why your doing this diet, and please think about all the support you have on here.

So you've had the chicken, noting you can do about that now. Just remember how GOOD it tasted, and ,I've on. Tomorrow is a new day. Perhaps sit and have a herbal tea, and think about something healthy for tea.

as for that chocolate bar, perhaps it could go in the freezer?

sending you hugs, and hope your finger heals soon. Did you find a good dressing for it at the chemist?

Thanks, Bear. i wish you were here to look after me. I will do the breaths and close my eyes and focus on my goals. It's so hard to break 56 years of conditioning and practice of comfort eating. Especially when the shock seems to have made me so hungry and desperate.

Helena

oh my i hope not thats so bad x x x x i hope not

Eugh what a horrendous title too. Stuff them!

Whilst you're feeling strong, can you break it up into portion sizes in bags/foil and freeze it so you can suck little bits when you really need it?

It'll last forever then :)

Take the KFC as a boost for such a horrible morning and as a way of comforting you after such blood loss and pain. I know when I sliced the tip of my thumb off - ironically whilst creating a healthy stew and slicing courgettes up (haven't had a courgette since!) the last thing I thought about was healthy eating. Thankfully I did have my mummy to make it better [I'm such a baby too! I yell before I get hurt!] and bandage it so I really hope that the pharmacist was not only able to help but also able to hopefully bandage it for you and that your friend helped reassure you. It does get better I promise!

Whilst you're feeling strong, can you break it up into portion sizes in bags/foil and freeze it so you can suck little bits when you really need it?

I really hope that the pharmacist was not only able to help but also able to hopefully bandage it for you

I think it is safer to give it to my b/f. I'm going to get a special "cuddle" to take my mind off it.:D:D:D

She didn't bandage it. I had put a big plaster on it. She sold me a spray for cuts which makes a sort of artificial skin over the wound and thus stops the bleeding.

I get what you mean but I am now out of shock and feeling ashamed at running to food the first time I was in emotional and physical distress. I MUST learn to get by without comfort foods.

If I call tomorrow a fast day and try to stick to 800c

Helena

Last edited:
I think it is safer to give it to my b/f. I'm going to get a special "cuddle" to take my mind off it.:D:D:D

She didn't bandage it. I had put a big plaster on it. She sold me a spray for cuts which makes a sort of artificial skin over the wound and thus stops the bleeding.

I get what you mean but I am now out of shock and feeling ashamed at running to food the first time I was in emotional and physical distress. I MUST learn to get by without comfort foods.

If I call tomorrow a fast day and try to stick to 800c

Helena

I've got a huge amount of chocolate in the house that I was given for my birthday in July! Tonight I've given my hubby one of the two big bars of Cadbury Bournville that my nephew and his gf gave me, so that's a bit less to be tempted by, lol. :D xx

I admire your self control!

I am immensely relieved to find that, after having jumped overnight from 343.4 to 377, a gain of 3.6lb, this morning I am back down to 344, despite yesterday's excess of chocolate and calories. So I am only up by 0.6lb and I can now in my mind label that as the price paid for that big bowl of fries, three pieces of Southern fried chicken, two Fudges and 8 squares of Lindor. A fair exchange, I'd say.

The huge leap up and huge leap back down again is also reassuring, and teaches me not to panic if I appear to gain 3lb overnight; it really is, as many on here have told me, fluctuations in hydration etc that are out of our control. The lesson learned is, trust that it WILL go back down of its own accord.

I had a sh1tty night's sleep, disturbed by recurring images of portions fingers being sliced off by various kitchen implement. I tried listening to a sleep hypnonsis recording, but when the voice told me to "relax my hands all the way down to the fingertips", I felt a shiver up my spine and had to switch it off. I managed to get the image of finger images out of my brain by repeatedly imagining two trains crashing into one another.

Despite my injured finger I am going to try to finish painting my office floor, mainly by bending double, hence have had no breakfast.

Glad to hear things are back on track, there will always be splurge days/moments but I think the key is to move on afterwards. I'm sure I'll be in this position soon, as so far have managed to stick to my plan (only 6 days in) so probably not long till I'm reaching for a chocolate muffin!!

could you use a pole or extender to mount a brush or roller to do the painting? There are loads of tools and extensions etc in DIY stores these days. What colour are you painting? Bet you'll be pleased when it's done. We just finished decorating our dining room, and now going to b&q today to get some tester pots for the bathroom. I always have to be careful of my back (10 years of nursing and my excess weight has been a. Bit of a lethal combination!).

Glad to hear things are back on track, there will always be splurge days/moments but I think the key is to move on afterwards. I'm sure I'll be in this position soon, as so far have managed to stick to my plan (only 6 days in) so probably not long till I'm reaching for a chocolate muffin!!

could you use a pole or extender to mount a brush or roller to do the painting? There are loads of tools and extensions etc in DIY stores these days. What colour are you painting? Bet you'll be pleased when it's done. We just finished decorating our dining room, and now going to b&q today to get some tester pots for the bathroom. I always have to be careful of my back (10 years of nursing and my excess weight has been a. Bit of a lethal combination!).

Yo bear!

The thing about the chocolate muffin, well, I was thinking last night that I would just LOVE a plate of fish n chips, but it will "cost" me 1200 calories. I wished it was half that. Then the penny dropped: what if I ate HALF that? for 600 calories I could have exactly what I want, just a smaller portion. And if I eat it at half my usual speed, it will FEEL like a whole portion. Try that with the muffin, or anything.

A pole extender or roller won't do at all: what about the edges? I 've been painting around the edges, up against skirting boards, built in cupboards, hearth etc. You have to get down and dirty with these things. And it's an oil based paint. I am happy with the amount I have achieved today, about 1/4 of the room. So I am half way there. I'll give it a couple of days to dry off properly before I move my desk back into place, which will leave room to complete the task.

Please do stick with us. Read my food logs, because I am losing on my diet so it clearly does work for peeps of our size. (I am actually bigger than you, as my BMI is higher.)

Right, off to have breakfast!

Helena

i need to stock up on my fruit basket :D

Leave half a chocolate muffin...??. NO chance...just NOOOO chance. :)

Then you will have to cut them out altogether. The trouble is, if you use up a whole meal's calorie allowance on one, you will probably be left hungrier and end up going over. YMMV.

Helena

Back