250lb to lose - NEED help and friends for support

Careful, you'll be ravenous later!

Ive had some food, just not loads. Had toast for breakfast and a pack of breakfast biscuits with a cup of tea just now.

I see it as good training for getting used to being hungry. When I was used to hunger I would lose loads of weight! X

Ive had some food, just not loads. Had toast for breakfast and a pack of breakfast biscuits with a cup of tea just now.

I see it as good training for getting used to being hungry. When I was used to hunger I would lose loads of weight! X

I think that's spot on - for me one of the most vital parts of successful weight loss is the acceptance of hunger. I was watching a programme the other week where one of the UK's leading bariatric surgeons was saying that a big part of the problem is people not allowing themselves to feel hunger, thinking it's something to be avoided at all costs, when it's actually a natural state that we're meant to be in at times. One of the most useful little mantras I've read over the years is "Hunger is not an emergency", lol. :) xx

Hi all :) after a weekend full of poorliness I'm feeling much more human and I've had a revelation.

In the beginning when I first lost 50 lbs I had started on slim fast and although it have me a bad tummy I lost a stone in 10 days. And then as I was so used to being hungry , when I went back onto eating 3 super healthy meals a day it was like a feast!! So that's what I'm doing from tomorrow.
Slim fast day 1. It's a proven way to give myself an amazing boost. It's so strict which is what I need and if I can get through the first week of being starving then i will have broken through the barriers and onto my new weightloss path.

Xxx

Good luck Hershey!!
Ive been on slimfast for 3 weeks and have lost 20lbs. it's the portion control that works for me too. I'm a greedy bear and any opportunity to eat a bit more, I'll grab it with both hands! Which is is why. I find making all my meals really hard when dieting. This way I stick to shakes, meal bars and snack during the day and am concentrating on being really good with evening meals (allowing myself 600-800 cals for evening meal). I'm weighing out the food when I serve up to ensure I'm sticking to what I am supposed to have. I'm logging all my meals in MFP to keep track of daily calories.

Id be really glad to have a slimfast buddy, cos I've been scaring myself today reading other forums on slimfast and everyone's views are so negative. I think the diet is let down by people who decide e.g just have 3 shakes a day and nothing else??! I've also noticed exactly what you mention in your last post, that once people come off slim fast they go straight back to 3 big meals and they pile weight on, so I am hoping yo be really careful about how I come off this, and use MFP to substitute in equal calorie 'real food'. I lost about 5 stone in slimfast 6 years ago, and the weight didn't pile back on, although it has very steadily come back on during those 6 years.

But for now it's working for me, and I so desperately want and need to lose weight that I am going to stick to this for now and see how it goes. I am determined this time, and I hope we can both get good results x

good luck for tomorrow! What are you planning to start with shakes/meal bar/ snacks ?

Yeah a lot of people are down on the sf plan but I know for sure it works.

I'll be doing shake - snack - shake - snack - 500/600 cal tea - snack

That way I can have a little something in the evenings :)

I'm really looking forward to it.

Your results are amazing! Just ease back into eating again slowly and you'll get there :) what day do You weigh? Xx

Hey girls. I'm doing a version of slim fast but using almond milk. Do you mind if I stick with you. I've had one shake a day, breakfast biscuits and a healthy meal this week purely because I find breakfast biscuits a good stRt to the morning. I lost 4 stone doing this before. Put it back on because I went back to pizza and take always. Chocolate and crisps x

Goal 1 - 17st 9 by end of June
Goal 2 - 16st 9 by end of July

Of course camplestar! I've also got my own thread 'Claire bears shrinking mission' in we mitts section.

actually, one day last week I left my house in such a rush that I forgot my shake (my routine is to drink it in the car on the way to work) so I had to find something for breakfast in the shop near work, and I discovered the those bvita biscuits were the same nutritional value (ish) so I had the same thought about substituting them in! I really like them, and they are a nice quick breakfast, good idea!!

Hershey, I weigh in in a Saturday (although having said that, this week it will be Thursday as I am going to Frankfurt for work Thurs-Sat). But generally Saturday works best for me. how about you?

SF definitely worked for me :) We need to look at it as a life change and constantly be calorie counting to ensure we don't go over what our maintenece works out as (apparently less a percentage because of our metabolism post-weight loss).

The chairs look great! :) well done lovely! :)

I'm going to start tomorrow and weigh next Monday but I usually weigh on a Friday.
Perhaps a few weeks of Monday weighing will keep me in check on the weekends xx

Just realised tomorrow will be a week from starting to diet properly. That a tuLly went really quick. Weigh in tomorrow then.

Just realised tomorrow will be a week from starting to diet properly. That a tuLly went really quick. Weigh in tomorrow then.

That's fab :) it's great it's gone so quick :)
I hope mine does too xx

I was hoping to be alone today to start the slim fast and not be tempted by other peoples foods but my son is off today with the same cold I had. But I'm still going to start as I'm excited for some big losses on my first week :)

He pretty much only comes down from his room to grab a sandwich then disappears again although i think as nurse mother I will be making him some soup and toast if he's poorly.

Good luck everyone xx

I weighed and it's horrid :( but today is day 1. I've marked down on mfp what my weight is so I'm super hoping by next week it's a lot less. And my totm started today so it's an extra challenge but the first time I did SF it was also my totm so to me it's a good sign. If I can get through this week and lose weight then I can do anything! Totm is usually a chocolate and crisp fest! Wish me extra luck xx

I had my first glass of strawberry SF. Next week I'm going to have tesco ultra slim and they have better flavours and it's thicker and cheaper :)

Now sat on the sofa waiting for my painkillers to start working under a duvet shivering :( great start to my week!

But I'm feeling so positive about the weigh in next Monday!! I'm so glad others are doing SF too.

I'm going to try to be on it as long as poss, I get married in 10 weeks so I'm hoping I can at least last that long and then move onto healthy eating.

How long is everyone else doing it for ? Xx

Bless him :( hope he's feeling better soon! And you too! :(

I did it on and off (ie - properly for about 2 months and then as and when I wanted a shake/didn't fancy food for breakfast/lunch for about another few weeks. Used up the last amount of slimfast approx a month ago.

Was surprisingly tasty :)

So I've had 2 shakes, lots of paracetamol, some rice cakes and a SF choc bar.

Feeling v v hungry now but waiting for tea time.

Got some tortellini to use up so having that with g bread slices. It's a carb fest but with it being my period I need it plus it's only 1 meal a day so it's not that bad.

Feeling so good about this!!!

How's everyone's day going? Xx

Bless him :( hope he's feeling better soon! And you too! :( I did it on and off (ie - properly for about 2 months and then as and when I wanted a shake/didn't fancy food for breakfast/lunch for about another few weeks. Used up the last amount of slimfast approx a month ago. Was surprisingly tasty :)

What were your results on it?
The first time I did it I lost a stone in 10 days. I'm hoping for that :)

Finally some really chunky losses! X

Some pretty good losses! :) If you check back over the first few pages of my thread it's all in there :)

Please don't be too worried if it doesn't drop straight off again. And also make sure your evening meals are calorie -filled enough for you, not just the 600 it recommends as that's for people with only say a couple of stones to lose.

Back