26 years ago today

fillymum

synful soul
26 years ago today my wonderful husband and I got married in Gibraltar.

firsttimeroundwedding.jpg

Paul looks such a baby.

They have been 26 fantastic years with him. We have overcome lots of things, things most people go through but I think the worst 2 were the deaths of his brothers both wiped out in an accident and my cancer and 6 years of treatment. In a good relationship that sort of things makes you even stronger together.

We have shared so much joy as well, so many memorable highs.

He is the essence of my life.

We are celebrating at home, just the two of us. I am cooking him his favourite meal which would you believe is steak and kidney pie with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots. He is a love !!! We will have a very nice wine and some well chilled beer for Paul. We have a DVD of Mrs. Browns Boys, the theatre one so we are assured a good old laugh tonight as well.

Back on track tomorrow.

Congratulations to you both! Have a lovely day xxxx

isn't it funny that of all the longest and happiest marriages I know of they all seem to be winter weddings??
It's my 18th at the end of the month to my wonderful Paul!

*disclaimer I'm not saying anyone elses marriage is unhappy etc just that of the ones I know!!!!!

What a lovely post Sue.
Many congratulations to you both and here's to the next 26!
Enjoy your night tonight. xxx
PS - I love Mrs Browns Boys!

Happy Anniversary!!! I've only had one fantastic year with my husband but I hope we have the strength to go the distance and get through the hurdles of life you two have. How lucky you are to have each other! Xxx

Love this thread - i have been Mrs Bear for one month today - and cant wait to get to the outstanding number of years you all have! xxx

Ellebear said:
Love this thread - i have been Mrs Bear for one month today - and cant wait to get to the outstanding number of years you all have! xxx

Don't blink! You'll miss it! I can hardly believe I've been with Paul for nearly 20 years!

Happy anniversary, have a wonderful day & enjoy your meal & wine:D

Congratulations to you both! Have a lovely day xxxx

isn't it funny that of all the longest and happiest marriages I know of they all seem to be winter weddings??
It's my 18th at the end of the month to my wonderful Paul!

*disclaimer I'm not saying anyone elses marriage is unhappy etc just that of the ones I know!!!!!

I got married on a rainy August day 24 years ago & we're are still happily married:D Apparently it is supposed to be lucky if it rains on your wedding day.

Don't blink! You'll miss it! I can hardly believe I've been with Paul for nearly 20 years!

Too true, I sometimes wonder what has happened to the last 24+ years I've been with OH.

Crikey I sound just like my mum:eek:

Happy Holidays said:
Happy anniversary, have a wonderful day & enjoy your meal & wine:D

I got married on a rainy August day 24 years ago & we're are still happily married:D Apparently it is supposed to be lucky if it rains on your wedding day.

Too true, I sometimes wonder what has happened to the last 24+ years I've been with OH.

Crikey I sound just like my mum:eek:

Ours was a sunny warm day...even though it was 27th November!!!

I could not agree more and it is proof positive that you have to enjoy every minute together.

My only regret with my Paul is that I did not meet him earlier......... mind you with the age difference between us I think I might have ended up in jail if I had:8855:

Mrs.S. said:
Aww happy anniversary sue.

Hope you and hubs have a fantastic night. Surely all the body magic will wipe out the meal syns ;) xxx

Mrs. S!!!!!!
They're married... M. A. R. R. I. E. D! I don't think any of THAT will be going on! I'm shocked SHOCKED at the suggestion lol!!!

Mrs. S!!!!!!
They're married... M. A. R. R. I. E. D! I don't think any of THAT will be going on! I'm shocked SHOCKED at the suggestion lol!!!

Shirleen, you have done it again. I am laughing so much I have tears rolling down my cheeks.

Seriously I had thought of a really nice seduction scene tonight but then thought stuff it, lets have a glass of wine..........I must admit I am tempted though, he is quite gorgeous !!!!

Congratulations Granny Sue, enjoy your night sounds great & Mrs Brown's Boys is so funny.

Love Big Bear, Toddler Bear & Baby Bear....XXXXXX

Back