28 stone 10lbs Bloke Refused Surgery Wanting to lose 14 stone My Journey!

Hello all

Pleased to say lost 3lbs this week achieved SOTW and my 5 and a half stone award :D

Very happy with my progress but if im honest having a bit of a down day everyone being so nice and congratulating but all I can think of is I have a hell of a lot more to lose (8ish stone) So whilst im pleased im still just trying to keep my head down and carry on Hopefully just one of them days took my lads to soft play after and it did cheer me up a little

Very pleased I have now taken 10 of my bmi since starting SW. Really has changed my life and I am so glad I decided to give it ago and turn down surgery

Tonight I have Chicken and Mushroom Korma made with the muller greek vanilla and coconut looking forward to that and tomorrow Im out at a concert and have a meal booked at a really nice restaurant beforehand as a treat for my good lady who puts up with me but also supports me will be nice to have a night out and relax

Going to post a lovely recipe up later for you guys tried this the other day and really enjoyed it with rice

Enjoy your day and thanks once again for the support and nice comments :)

Attachments

• image-3163476710.jpg
    image-3163476710.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hey, you are frikkin' awesome so don't you dare get down! I know it feels like you've got a long way to go, I feel exactly the same. Sometimes I just want it all NOW and not in X stones time, but we'll get there in the end I promise. Plus, when you've worked incredibly hard for something it always makes it even more of an achievement! I just keep trying to enjoy the journey, no matter how much I want to see the finish line.

Keep plodding away like you have been and by next summer you'll be buff on the beach! :)

Recipe I tried other day with rice really liked it

Let me know if you try it

Attachments

• image-1093007493.jpg
    image-1093007493.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 80
Hello everyone hope you are all Ok

Well...........Had a lovely evening last night went to a gig and couple of weeks ago decided to treat myself and my GF so went to a marco pierre white steakhouse syns galore but had to be done she has supported me so much and puts up with my down days so deserves it

Syn wise ermm well I didnt count but I didnt hold back to be honest soup to start and bread followed by rump steak chips tomato and rocket and onion rings good thing id meal wasnt very big portion wise which was a blessing

Drink wise only half a bottle of champers followed by 8 pints of cider :) don't regret a thing infact I needed this night out to clear my head and crack on with the hard work infront of me feeling very positive that I can continue what I have done

Today quite low key missed breakfast because I just couldnt face it haha dinner a sandwich beef and salad and for tea its the recipe I posted above beef mushroom sauce with rice syn wise had some french fries and alpen light yoghurts and fruit later

Enjoy your weekend :) Im working but will be trying to get some good days in to try and get even a small positive result on wednesday next week

Not updated for a few days been busy weekend at work

Food wise has gone well had the speed soup yesterday which this time was very hard to eat just struggled with the taste so wil try another recipe using other stuff to try and find a nice soup taste as it really is beneficial

weigh in tomorrow not expecting to lose due to thursday meal out and alcohol I have been Ok since but a lot of damage syn wise was done with alcohol so need to remain positive should I receive a little setback

Meeting up with some of the ladies from my sw group tomorrow night which I was really pleased to be invited too didnt expect it all healthy food though mabe just the 1 or 2 glasses of wine

Just been to morrisons impressive salad bowl (Thanks Cheese Thief thought of you when i saw it) that's my tea tonight try and keep it light ahead of tomorrow with water green tea etc ;)

Have a great day :)

Good luck with the weigh in -your dinner out sounds amazing, and there's nothing wrong with a blow out every now and then :)

Wow!! Just read through your diary. You are doing brilliantly. The pictures are amazing. I'm loving all the different recipes. Some of my favourite are spaghetti carbonara (tastes just like the full fat version), cajun chicken and spicy wedges, pulled Pork and homemade chilli burgers. I love experimenting and make something new every week. If you want any recipes let me know. Good luck with your journey!

Wow!! Just read through your diary. You are doing brilliantly. The pictures are amazing. I'm loving all the different recipes. Some of my favourite are spaghetti carbonara (tastes just like the full fat version), cajun chicken and spicy wedges, pulled Pork and homemade chilli burgers. I love experimenting and make something new every week. If you want any recipes let me know. Good luck with your journey!

Would love some recipes please if you could post some up or message me that would be great and appreciated one thing I do lack is change and constantly do eat the same meals when there is so much variation out there I really need to try other things

Many thanks for your post

So weighed in today and lost 1lb which I have to say I'm delighted with even though it's my lowest loss since slimming world I really did have a blow out for my meal to put what I had into context

2 bulmers red = 32 syns
5 pints of cider - 60 syns
Half a bottle of champagne - No idea but wont be low

so it really was a nice surprise as I have not even counted food so really got away lucky this week I am now 4.5lbs from 6st award and I'm going to certainly be trying for it this week and back to my best last week was a treat for my gf who puts up wth me and is very supportive in what im trying to do even when im feeling low and a bit moody

Out tonight meeting up with some of the ladies from SW having a healthy meal I believe at one of the houses very surprised to have been invited as its only a select few and me beng only fella ha, Though what it does highlight is the warmth and loveliness of the group I'm in and its members really looking forward to it

Have a great day

Also last thing looking at doing some red days do any of you have any meal plans or recipes I can try all much appreciated

Well done for getting a loss even though having a blow out!

Just joined the forum & yours was the first story i've read!

Inspirational stuff!

Well done on your loss!

My favourite slimming world recipe is spaghetti carbonara. It's so easy to make and serves 4.

ingredients:
400g spaghetti
100g bacon chopped into bitesize pieces with fat removed
4 garlic cloves
3 eggs beaten
120g Parmesan grated (healthy extra or syn it).

cook the pasta. Meanwhile fry the bacon in fry light over medium heat for 2-3 mins until lightly browned. Add the garlic (crushed) and fry for another 30 seconds. Set aside.

drain the pasta. Add it to the bacon mix. Add the eggs and half the Parmesan. Season and toss.

Divide between 4 bowls. Add the rest of the Parmesan on top. Serve with a salad for your superfree (or add mushrooms etc to the carbonara).

I have currently got a gammon joint in the slow cooker covered in diet coke. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm going to serve it tonight with a slimming world parsley sauce, potatoes and veg. If it turns out ok I'll send you the parsley sauce recipe.

ill have a look through my food diaries for the past few weeks and type out some more recipes of things that turned out well :)

Tried diet coke chicken before and sauce didnt thicken for me think more coke was needed as made a fairly big batch

Carbonara sound lovely and my gf will enjoy that aswel defo one to try next week

Appreciate you taking the time to post these up thanks :)

Hope you have all had a good weekend

Managed to hit the gym yesterday morning came home and was starving had some breakfast muesli and fruit for dinner tried some chicken and peppers and mushrooms in a maggis Mexican bag really nice and recommend it 6 syns for whole mixture i had half so 3 syns looking forward to trying the others had it on top of salad with tbsp of sour cream on top

Tea I had homemade burgers with onion and mushrooms and babybel light in the middle love this meal didnt have SW chips this time

Today been really hungry again sandwich for dinner and synned cereal for breakfast looking forward to chicken dinner soon drinking plenty of water doing my best to get a good result this week would love to get myself into the 22's this week may even sneak a gym session in later nothing to heavy just loosen up and do a little

Enjoy the rest of your weekend back to work tomorrow for me but on plus side not long till weigh in going to be trying more recipes soon as food is getting a little "samey"

I made turkey pizza melts tonight. They were actually really nice, better than I thought they would be. Are you on the slimming world website? If so search for them under recipes. Instead of just one I had 2 but didn't have anything with them,p. you could have just the 1 with sw chips/salad.

Oh, and the parsley sauce was lovely. Here's the recipe:

1.5 syns on all plans per serving, serves 4

2 level tsp cornflour
1/4 pint skimmed milk
1/4 pint vegetable stock
4oz/113g VLF fromage frais
4 tbsp chopped fresh Parsley
Salt & pepper

Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk. Place in a pan with the remaining milk, add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil stirring all the time. Reduce the heat & simmer, stirring continuously, until thick. Add the fromage frais & chopped parsley (make sure it does not boil or it will curdle). Season to taste & serve.

Oh, and the gammon in diet coke - I didn't use the liquid afterwards, it just flavoured the gammon joint. I thought it was good!

Thanks for that Welshmum some great recipes and ideas there much appreciated

So been another decent day on plan scales are saying fairly positive things so far this week tomorrow is just a chill day really plenty of water and taking it easy syn wise got a driving lesson first thing well a 2hr one back for some lunch before an afternoon session at the gym lso a trip to morrisons to fit in (SALAD BARRRR)

Breakfast today yoghurt and fruit found a syn free yoghurt at Lidl which is pleasing as Mullers can be expensive if you cant get a decent offer on them so the 31p ones at lidl come in handy

Dinner 2 slices wholemeal( heb) left over chicken from roast with onion and lettuce with 2 tsp of salad cream 70% reduced (2syn) another yoghurt and french fries 4syns

Tea boiled rice with chicken breast and onion mushroom and pepper cooked in a maggi balti bag very easy to do but do need to take syns into account (4.5syns)

snack yoghurt and alpen light orange and choc (3syns) ps Home bargains 19p each at the moment

Hoping for a couple of pounds off this week at least

Picture update now at 5st 9lb loss

:)

Attachments

• image-934160669.jpg
    image-934160669.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-717339469.jpg
    image-717339469.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 71
Back