28 stone 10lbs Bloke Refused Surgery Wanting to lose 14 stone My Journey!

Hello All

Well I did do my first class abs ball work and circuits last night and I have to say it was brutal and very tough but I really enjoyed it and smiled much most the way through aching today as expected but its another first to me on this great journey I am on I was looking forward to weigh in today.......

Woke up and felt very heavy legged if that makes sense weighed in and lost 1lb which I have to say is disappointing I have worked hard this week so was surprised was at least hoping for 2lb but wasnt too be

Now the dilemma is with me doing this class late on a tuesday night will it affect my losses whilst its good to get fitter I am motivated by losses and losses only and I did feel heavier this morning maybe its just me but will give it another week as I did enjoy it and I do realise the benefits but I have a long way to go so we shall see I know other slimmers who do alot of exercise and still lose well so hopefully it was just one of them weeks

Off for a 3 mile walk on friday with fellow slimmer to local nature centre then totall relaxtion the weekend as I am off doing plenty of extra hours this month and next as going away in March with family for a week down to devon so need the pennies even sorted out where I am weighing in on Holiday

X

Finding a class near where you are going on holiday is dedication!! Well done you on doing the class. It sounds tough but it will be a great feeling when it gets easier as you get fitter. If I was you I would see if today was a one off, maybe give it a couple more weeks to see if doing a class on Tuesday night is going to affect your wi's x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello quick little update

Things are well very well exercise has increased hoping I will still lose if not will then reassess went to my appointment with diabetic nurse yesterday they were shocked and delighted with progress and also the improvement in results again levels have come down a lot and hopefully now doctor will reduce medication and If i maintain levels or lower them again they I could come off the tablets which is what I want so huge positive

3 mile walk followed that round local forest which was lovely couple of classes next week booked in also bought more new clothes coming on tuesday cant wait brilliant going shopping now able to buy nice clothes really boosts my confidence

Food today

breakfast - 40g all bran with banana and yoghurt
Dinner - sausage bacon beans mushroom onion tomatoes 2 syns in total
Tea - No idea yet

Clothes just came as I speak coat and jeans lovely but coat is far too small which I thought could be the case so that will be returned and larger size needed fat too optimistic when ordering lol

Have a great weekend all pulled pork tomorrow yummmm

Fantastic news about your diabetes appointment! I bet they couldn't believe you were the same bloke!

Hope the new clothes fit and look great, nothing better to give you a boost.

So cool that diabetes is geting in check :D wow!
Exercise may make you retain water before WI while your muscles repair, but if you do it the same time each week you should still see your numbers decrease (having the same water there each week means you'll weigh less than it says but at least you will see what you lost from the previous week through your diet)- it is so healthy for you to do, I'd go for it! And amazing for toning. I never went at the exercise thing that well but it never improved my losses, just my inches! And inches are what get us in smaller clothes and LOOKING slimmer :D I wish I had your motivation, need to get my ass into gear! Keep at it! X

Hello apologies for lack of update doing this via tablet which does not support fat fingers

Ok so great news I weighed in yesterday and lost 3.5lbs that was after doing a hard circuit session the night before even better news is I am now in the teens prob 1st time in ten plus years a wonderful feeling and I'm proud of my effort so far even though I do have a few weeks where it is slow I know it's all progress

Got to have another clear out this week of clothes but clothes bought 3 months ago which is mad hardly any wear out of them lol still can't moan as its another sign of good things general fitness now improving and doing circuits really enjoying it

Indian last night with women from sw lamb Rogan Josh and Pilau for me with 1 poppadom

Have a great week x

That's fantastic! You've done amazingly well and I bet being in the teens is such a big milestone. You must be well over half way to goal now?

Lovely to hear you're still getting goo losses as well as small ones. There's hope for us just starting out x

Amazing stuff! Feels so great to be out of 20! Wow, you're just a stone away from losing TEN stone now, phwoar! Nearly a third of your start weight lost, too!
Keep up that positive attitude!
It sucks throwing away stuff you've never worn that you bought recently doesn't it? But at least it's an awesome feeling that in just 3 months you've shrunk out of new stuff :O x

Hello all

Things have been good lately had 2 nights out this week both resulting in alcohol so I would be very surprised should I lose anything at all tomorrow I am now 2lb from 9st of course that would be lovely but unrealistic to expect it after a busy week like mine

Ate on plan all week but done alot more hours so food has been quite samey looking forward to next week where I am not working all the time

Spoke to my consultant earlier she said I am not eligible to enter the biggest loser comp as I basically do not meet the criteria weight wise which I have to say has really pissed me off I have worked my ass off since may last year to get to where I am to basically be rejected because I do not currently fit into what slimming world want at there awards do........so i believe there criteria for a bloke is under 15 stone so i can imagine there will be some ppl who fit the criteria going forward who may have lost 3/4/5/6 stone etc and fit in the criteria but not me who was 1st 3.5lb from 30 stone now 19 stone pathetic but thats just my opinion sorry for the rant but I am all for positives on this journey and this has annoyed me

Food wise today

Breakfast - All bran and fruit
Dinner - 2 alpen lights and space raiders (Was at huge shopping centre )
Tea - Steak with mushrooms asparagus green beans sweetcorn and carrots

Pancake day for me tomorrow and circuits tonight at 730pm

Have a good one folks and will update tomorrow thanks as always for the kind words xx

OMG, how annoying is that?! Stupid biggest loser comp! But on the bright side I imagine you've got the thing in the bag for this time next year, I bet you'll be at target by then too. 9st loss would be amazing tomorrow but like you say after your nights out it might not happen. I'm sure it'll be yours next week, but you can't put your life on hold along the way, it's good to see you enjoying yourself!

Good luck tomorrow but I'm with you on how stupid the criteria is for the greatest loser comp. surely they should give recognition for people like you who have already achieved a lot rather than give the message that what you've done isn't enough?

Reading your diary on here helped me feel brave enough to post myself and I never tell anyone my weight so stuff sw lol

You've done brilliantly so far and continue to do so you'll get that 9st award soon x

Hiyas lovely good luck for that sticker again, I kinda know the insidey bits if slim world the inner workings is so politically correct its unreal its always been if the face fits sod the rules x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey JMA, how annoying is it that SW have a criteria for someone to be the biggest loser?! You've lost nearly 9 stone dammit, that screams out biggest loser!!!

Geeez, anywho good luck for WI tonight, fingers crossed you get that award :)

Hey Jma :), you've done so well on your journey, it's amazing and very inspirational. It's silly how SW have set the criteria for the awards, I don't agree with it neither, can imagine it being quite frustrating for you. But what you have achieved is above and beyond any award :) . Your a role model for anyone who believes its too late for a 2nd chance in life to start over. I hope you have a smashing weigh in tonight and get your next award ! Good luck and I hope you have a fab day ! :D

Kay xx

Ok soo results are in and this week I lost 1lb meaning loss of 8st 13lb (grrrr)

Im ok with the small loss tbh having 6/7 pints of cider on saturday night was never going to help

Good news I did win biggest loser it was a sour moment tho as I was not even given the official certificate just a poor remake of one that ended up with consultant filling in the blanks very frustrating as I turn up every single weeks take a lot of time out to help other mmbers with advise and even organise walks and circuit classes i feel the least i deserve is to be treated same as others and given the right certificate no matter what it may cost my consultant

Maybe I am acting over the top but this is a big thing for me what i am doing is a great achievement something me or family close could never imagined so I like to celebrate awards and milestone etc

I have discussed it with consultant who has said she will sort it out and said iit was a prob with orders with sw I have my own opinion but we shall leave it there lol

Sorry for the rant looking forward to a good week no distractions and hoping next week i can get my 9 stone award

Peace x

Hey JMA, well done on the 1lb loss. Such a shame you didn't get your 9 stone award but that's definitely yours next week. Do you have a nice week of food planned?

As for the biggest loser, our group never even mentioned it which is strange. I've seen so many people on IG post about it and my group never came across it.

Hey JMA, well done on the 1lb loss. Such a shame you didn't get your 9 stone award but that's definitely yours next week. Do you have a nice week of food planned?

As for the biggest loser, our group never even mentioned it which is strange. I've seen so many people on IG post about it and my group never came across it.

I read your post on tuesday on your diary and expected you to have won the award it surprised me that there was no mention every group should issue it. seems with some consultants is they have to pay for certificate sache and a prize for the winner not good that peoples achievements are not recognised due to cost for consultant are they there to help or make money ?????

Had burgers last night with babybel which was nice got steak and load of veg tonight as at work rest of the week will do a curry with mrs shah sauce prob tomorrow or saturday and yea hopefuly 9 is in the bag for next week :) Have a great week emma

So sorted the certificate situation and it will be there for me next weigh In

Food wise weekend has been Ok couple of little bad habits creeping in and have to say I have been more and more hungry and being around the kitchen at these times is not good I will just constantly snack

Bought a new hoody on fri night and dropped another size which was unexpected but pleasing was buying it for the future to be honest

Countdown to my holiday is on go away a week tomorrow for 1 week and Im even weighin in whilst on hols but I lose 1 day as cant see me losing hardly anything that week will be tough going away and not sure yet how to approach it food wise I will be fine but I would like a drink :)

Hope the weekend has been kind to you all

Back