28 weeks - 28lb - new year - new me - whos with me ???

OK so every night i go to bed and say tomorrow will be different, I will get my eating habits in order but yes you guessed it, i never do, hence my post.

I really want to change my ways and feel a little support along the way will make all the difference.

My my weight is creeping up and I want to get it under control now. It seems an impossible mountain to climb, however everything begins with little steps, so my journey begins.

I haven't actually told anyone about my plan to loose weight so therefore can't expect any support from friends and family, I guess this is because of my fear of failing.

My aim is to loose weight steadily about 1lb per week through eating healthy and calorie counting.

Hopefully this way friends and family will not notice huge changes in my eating habits and my fears of failing wont be exaggerated.

so as my post says who's with me??? I truly feel that weight loss buddies will keep me on track and spur me on with my personal challenge.

i also intend to keep a daily food diary and weigh myself on Wednesday which will help keep me on track.

Any hints or tips which will help me with my weight challenge loss challenge would be greatly received so i really can be the BELLE OF THE BALL.

thanks

Last edited:
OK day 1

Breakfast - Quaker oats porridge - 300ml no added sugar squash

snack slice white toast and 300ml no added sugar squash

lunch ham roll and 400ml no added sugar squash

Tea lasagne 400ml no added sugar squash

so far so good no crisps, sweets or chocolate, my kids will be please there's actually some snack left in the house to eat.

strange thing is I'm conscious my kids don't have to many sugar snacks but don't apply the rules to myself, need to get some self control.

Any tips, support and buddies along the way would be appreciated to keep me motivated.

good luck to all those who are trying to loose weight, keep your end goal insight.

mountains can be climbed with little steps, let our journeys continue.

Last edited:
Day 2

Bacon roll for breakfast at kids sports day
ham roll for lunch
pasta bolognese for tea

probally haven't drank as much fluids as I would have liked to, however will improve on this tomorrow.

Day 3

500ml no added sugar squash
bacon roll 500ml no addedsquash
beef casserole currently in slow cooker

Last edited:
Good luck with it....I have told anyone and everyone that will listen that I am dieting, I'm hoping that having to admit I've failed will keep me on the straight and narrow

Mine is the fear of failing that has stopped me telling anyone, that's why support from here is great, there's no expectations, no one watching what I'm eating.

Ok, so i realise i wont be aboe to keep up with a daily food diary but i am going to log my weight every wednesday in order to track my progress.

Well done! Every pound counts.... keep up the good work :eek:)

I have joined this site today.... I have lots of weight to loose and my first goal is being able to wear my engagement ring again..... day 3 and all is going well so far...

Morning all, just checking in to see how everyone is doing, I'm feeling positive of achieving my goal again this week, good luck all on your weight loss journey.

First day of the diet today and it went well, fingers crossed it continues! Well done BELLE OF THE BALL for achieving your target again, hopefully I can do as well too! Kittynibbles99, you are doing great keep it up!

Good luck with it....I have told anyone and everyone that will listen that I am dieting, I'm hoping that having to admit I've failed will keep me on the straight and narrow

Da dah!

Thats the way to do it.

Tell your parents, tell your friends, tell your colleagues, tell everyone!! It will shame you into sticking with it.

Oh and welcome :)

Morning Libby, hope things are going well, good luck on your weight loss journey, keep me posted about how things are going, hopefully we can motivate each other

Morning 3mercer, hope things are going well with your weight loss journey, keep me posted about how your doing, hopefully we can motivate each other

Morning all, hope everyone is well, just to update I've reached my goal, another 1lb loss, I know it's only a small loss, but I'm fine with that, my journey is meant to be long, I think I have more chance of achieving my long term goal this way, hope everyone is having a good day, let me know how your all getting on.

Back