:((((

sherrie82

Banned
Hi everyone, I caved in again yesterday on day 2!!! I'm so upset. I've had plenty of good advice and and the girls are lovely on my diary. Now yesterday, it was about 3 pm. The hunger came over me. I wanted to eat the contents of, the fridge, cupboards and the pots and pans to go with it!!!!!! I've spoken to everyone. My sister, my mum the girls on my diary. I have 10 st to lose. Yes 2 years ago went through a bad time, but that was 2 years ago!!!!
My question is to everyone who's succeeding get through the first few days or so?
My sister who is doing this diet is great to me over the phone. And last night she said I'm stuck in a groove over a messy divorce 2 years ago!!!! My ex husband has already moved on but deep down I haven't because I'm so unhappy about my weight which really has made me completely unconfident to even go out on a girls night out!! Haven't been out on a girls night out coz of weight since 2010 and my little girl is my world. My sister just talks quickly to me over the phone coz she works such long hours as a Practice Manager. But she told me DON'T GIVE UP
So how do everyone else cope with that hunger leading up to Ketosis? I just don't want to quit this. I must admit that I didn't go food shopping yesterday and get myself proper healthy options and I did come over a tad dizzy too. I just do not want to chuck in the towel and say oh this is it. And stuff my face again. I want start this again but just need to know how you all cope days before ketosis sets in and how do you cope on e your in ketosis then after? Xxx

Hi Sherrie,Sorry to hear you're having problems,you're sister's right,don't give up,I'm just starting day 2 myself,I don't think I'm in ketosis and its tom just started this morning,cause I'm getting hunger pangs abit.What I'm finding helpful is to block out ANY thoughts of food,know that must be hard for you to do cause you have to feed your little girl,but I've found that on other diets as soon as I let my mind dwell on food it wasn't long before it found its way into my hand and then my mouth.
I'm sorry to hear about your divorce,Its hard to move on,but you need to,not just for you but for your daughter-going to say something I don't like saying:( but thought it might help you get your head in the right place,we all know that being obese means each of us could die younger-don't you owe it to your daughter to be with her as long as you can,what would she do without you? Plus think of all the fun you can have when you lose some of the weight-go to the beach together,go swimming with her,make alist of the stuff you plan to do,and stick it to your fridge.
Please don't be offended by me saying that,but I just wanted to try and help you be motivatedand get your head in the right place.Try and view this diet like a prescription from the doctors-you take the bars/meals/shakes like they're medication helping you get better.
Don't beat yourself up,move on and just do the best you can,one day at a time :)Take care hun xxx

weightless1012 said:
Hi Sherrie,Sorry to hear you're having problems,you're sister's right,don't give up,I'm just starting day 2 myself,I don't think I'm in ketosis and its tom just started this morning,cause I'm getting hunger pangs abit.What I'm finding helpful is to block out ANY thoughts of food,know that must be hard for you to do cause you have to feed your little girl,but I've found that on other diets as soon as I let my mind dwell on food it wasn't long before it found its way into my hand and then my mouth.
I'm sorry to hear about your divorce,Its hard to move on,but you need to,not just for you but for your daughter-going to say something I don't like saying:( but thought it might help you get your head in the right place,we all know that being obese means each of us could die younger-don't you owe it to your daughter to be with her as long as you can,what would she do without you? Plus think of all the fun you can have when you lose some of the weight-go to the beach together,go swimming with her,make alist of the stuff you plan to do,and stick it to your fridge.
Please don't be offended by me saying that,but I just wanted to try and help you be motivatedand get your head in the right place.Try and view this diet like a prescription from the doctors-you take the bars/meals/shakes like they're medication helping you get better.
Don't beat yourself up,move on and just do the best you can,one day at a time :)Take care hun xxx

Hi Marie of course I'm not offended. I appreciate any advice and tbh I never thought of that!!! There's plenty of girlis on here as well that have to cook for all their whole family too. Yes you are so right weightless!!! No I don't want my little girl to be without me. Like you say I can look forward to being healthy and not at high risk morbidly obese category where like you say I could die. Really I'm a Walking heart attack waiting. You're grand petal. I've just posted on my diary!!! Feel free to post weightless and bloody well done for sticking at it!!!! Yeeeehah. Thanks for that very sound advice. We always think that heart attacks, type 2 diabetes and strokes and anything only happen to other people. Thanks for giving me that wake up call!!! ;)

Todays a new day, everything that happened yesterday has gone!!!
Go food shopping, dont buy any rubbish fill the fridge with green and ham, chicken, when you feel hungry and you really have to eat, a slice of ham wont kill the diet!
stop beating yourself up, youre human.
Just wait till your in ketosis it will be so much easier and it wont be long till it arrives.
As for your divorce, you need to grieve for the all the hopes and dreams you had its ok to have a cry, but after that cry think to yourself '' i am strong, ive come this far'' remember baby steps
lead to giant strides!
hang in there, everything will fall into place.

Dont beat yourself up. I tried and failed several times before. Never made it to 1st wi. Well im now in week 5. I promise it does get easier. Your really need to stay focused for the 1st week really. This plan isnt easy and you really need to be in the right mindset and ready to do it which i clearly wasnt on previous attempta. The harsh reality is chick that no one can do it for us and no amount of talking to you can make you do it. You need to be determined and just dig deep and get through. Good luck hunni. If i can do it, anyone can xxxx

kaceyboo said:
Dont beat yourself up. I tried and failed several times before. Never made it to 1st wi. Well im now in week 5. I promise it does get easier. Your really need to stay focused for the 1st week really. This plan isnt easy and you really need to be in the right mindset and ready to do it which i clearly wasnt on previous attempta. The harsh reality is chick that no one can do it for us and no amount of talking to you can make you do it. You need to be determined and just dig deep and get through. Good luck hunni. If i can do it, anyone can xxxx

Oh thanks Kaceyboo that is so right. I'll see how things go. Everybody is giving very sound advice. Atm I'm still caving in. So if I don't make to weigh in etc I shall save my packs until I'm ready. Well done for getting into Week 5 and thanks. Its no good if every other day I cave in coz I'll never get into Ketosis. Thankyou Kaceyboo :)

Don't think day 1, day 2 etc

Just think Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea

If you need to have a portion of protein on top, yes your weight loss might be slower those couple of days but, you'll be in ketosis and then be able to cut out the extra protein.

Think meal to meal, small steps.

Awe honey it's hard. There's no bones about it weight loss is hard. I'm on day 4, yesterday I walked round the house looking for something to eat that was crisps or junk. Luckily we didn't have anything like that so I didn't eat the wrong stuff and this morning I feel happy and ready to face the world. I did make up a sugar free jelly just in case.

I have kids and a husband and it's so hard to cook for them. I make stuff for them that I don't like so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I also make them salads and I do eat a little bowl of plain salad. my best tactic is just to get busy doing something when they sit down to eat. Now, not 'eating' with your family is a bad thing in the long term but short term not sitting with your kids will NOT harm them in any way. Far better to have a mom who is healthy and happy.

I guess it's easy for me to tell you what to do and it's easy as I'm in the zone, but it wasn't always like that.

A couple years ago I was fat and miserable, I was so depressed with my appearance I wouldn't even go to the local shop. I felt that people didn't take me seriously. Worst of all I wouldn't even be in family photos, I had visions of me dying young and the kids had no photos to remember me by just some fat old memories of a shrinking violet who couldn't be bothered. One night I my son won an award and someone grabbed a camera, they said "right mum, get up there with your son" I wanted to die. That photo has never seen light of day, my son's moment ruined and not remembered because I am too ashamed to show the photo of him receiving his award. It's taken me a loooong time to get where I am today mentally, people loose weight faster than me, get to goal sooner than me ....... but slow and steady has won this race.

Please don't beat yourself up anymore, you are an important person. You are loved and your family need you to be happy with yourself. Take your shakes one meal at a time. Tick them off as one closer to your goal and don't look back. You can do it and if you trip up and graze your feelings just stand up, brush yourself down and carry on.

Good luck {{{hugs}}}

Its really hard and the first few days are the WORST!

Why not plan a day to start and plan a week in advance so that you know exactly what you will be doing. If you feel like you are going to cave in have a distraction, ie take a bath, go for a walk etc. Also sometimes when you think youre hungry youre just thirsty so make sure you have a big glass of water first before even thinking about anything else.

You can do this but you have to get your head into it and make sure youre ready.

Not sure how old your little girl is but I have told mine what im doing and they help ie "mummy you have to have a special meal so that you can get a little tummy"!

Photos on the fridge work for me too!

Hope you work things out

Em x

BordersGirl said:
Have a read of this thread. Andy hits the nail on the head; you have to want to lose the weight more. Do it for you, and because you love yourself enough. Don't live in the past. Live for today, and start to become what you want for tomorrow.

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/281755-things-consider-before-we-cheat.html

Thanks ever so much bordersgirl. You inspire me so, so much. Sorry I've taken so long to reply. Thanks for this I have read this. Fab!! I'm gonna buy Pauline Quirks book aswell. Thanks petal you're a gem for posting this link. :) :) There's absolutely no way now that I'm going to do WW. I'm digging my heels in deep now. Tomorrow will be my true test. I so want this. And like you say I owe this to myself. Thanks youre grand xxxx

BordersGirl said:
Have a read of this thread. Andy hits the nail on the head; you have to want to lose the weight more. Do it for you, and because you love yourself enough. Don't live in the past. Live for today, and start to become what you want for tomorrow.

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/281755-things-consider-before-we-cheat.html

I can't reply to it coz I'm on my iPhone BG but you and Andy have like you said hit the nail right on the head!!! If WW or SW were the magic diets. There would be nobody with a weight issue at all. I can't copy or paste it but all I know is after I have cheated I feel so guilty and then the vicious circle can go on and on. Serenity Valley and you and other long haulers are truely amazing. Im gonna keep remembering when I feel the urge to cheat just how bad I feel afterwards. In fact yesterday I just sat and cried when I cheated. Thankyou for this link. I shall keep reading this over and over again. Fab!!! Thanks Andy and Bordersgirl. :) :) ;)

Hi sherrie. You have very similar starting stats to me. The days that I've struggled, I just have some extra protein. My weight loss the last 3 weeks has really slowed down, but I'm determined to keep going. I also have a little girl (well not so little now! she's nearly 10), unfortunately she know I'm doing this diet and has gone from mum I think you're perfect the way you are (no!!!!) to I want to go on a diet and just have the same as you (which bothers me as so many young girls get hangups about food.) Luckily she is very slim and likes her food too much to mean it! I've xplained to her that I just want to be healthier as I don't want to concentrate on the weight loss part of it. We have a history of heart attacks and diabetes in my family and as I carry my weight around my middle I'm a prime candidate. We always think that it won't happen to us, but I lost my dad last year. He really wanted me to lose weight, so now I'm doing it for him and Emma. I wish I had done it before dad passed away, he would have been proud of what I've done so far. I've given myslef till my next birthday (I'll be 50 - how did that happen, Im sure I'm still arond 32!) so sort myself out. Good luck with your journey, I'm sure you won't give in, you'll be back.:D

Ahh thanks Em. My little girl Erin is a toddler. In the terrible 2s. And throws trantrums and holds her breath for so long that I have to put her head under the cold water tap to bring her round lololo. Love her but it does my head in. She doesn't do it with anyone else but me. Lol. Coz I've given in to her hissy fits that's why lol. She is staying with my mum. But they came round last night I blipped again to brown bread. She loves her brown bread as much as I do. Lol. I shall defo distract myself. Yeah I've blipped again since this thread but I'm reading through all stickies diaries etc. thanks Em xxx

claire8058 said:
Hi sherrie. You have very similar starting stats to me. The days that I've struggled, I just have some extra protein. My weight loss the last 3 weeks has really slowed down, but I'm determined to keep going. I also have a little girl (well not so little now! she's nearly 10), unfortunately she know I'm doing this diet and has gone from mum I think you're perfect the way you are (no!!!!) to I want to go on a diet and just have the same as you (which bothers me as so many young girls get hangups about food.) Luckily she is very slim and likes her food too much to mean it! I've xplained to her that I just want to be healthier as I don't want to concentrate on the weight loss part of it. We have a history of heart attacks and diabetes in my family and as I carry my weight around my middle I'm a prime candidate. We always think that it won't happen to us, but I lost my dad last year. He really wanted me to lose weight, so now I'm doing it for him and Emma. I wish I had done it before dad passed away, he would have been proud of what I've done so far. I've given myslef till my next birthday (I'll be 50 - how did that happen, Im sure I'm still arond 32!) so sort myself out. Good luck with your journey, I'm sure you won't give in, you'll be back.:D

Well I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Know exactly how you feel there. My Dad was always overweight before he got got Cancer. So he was a big old softie with us all. When I was in my teens, I could eat anything I wanted just like my mum. On my mums side they are all slim and on my Dads side they are big. My Dads wish was for us to be all happy. But my mum now is a tower of strength to me. But obviously she can't stop me if I derail. My sister is on the diet too and she is well and truely in the zone and went into ketosis very, very quickly.
Its so good that was yours dads last wishes. Aww so pleased for you that you have that great incentive. Well done. :) xxxxx

Back