29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

I'd love to be able to go swimming. I love being in the water but no way would I appear in public in a swimming costume! I just wish I had a friend who had a swimming pool! I'd be in it everynight! X
I'm apprehensive I must admit but bugger it and anyone who cares about the fat girl in the pool! She's making changes for the better, plus I don't think I upto any cardio or aerobic exercise yet and I love swimming, it relaxes and de-stresses me! (I'll be slinking to the side of the pool in a towel though!)

You have done really well today Louise - very proud of your determination!

Annya said:
You have done really well today Louise - very proud of your determination!

Thank you annya :) as I'll be doing some exercising on my new free exercise bike tomorrow night, I'm going to treat myself to tesco healthy eating chicken and sweetcorn soup and a multigrain roll with no butter for my lunch instead of a shake :) and then I'm doing turkey mince and red onion burger and potato wedges done with fry light for tea and a big load of salad :) yum! Xx

i just had tesco ultraslim strawberry. feel a bit bleurgh now. i think i got used the cafe latte one. they didnt have banana flavour when i ordered online.

decided on having a shake for lunch too to keep my cals down and anything i burn off when i go on my execise bike later can be bonus fat loss. would rather that than have extra food just coz i can. ive come so far in not wanting crappy foods, and i dont want become addicted to it again. i allow myself 2 bags of quavers as 2 of my 100 cal snacks, even though they are only 88 cals each, and thats it. im happy with that. i see it as my treat everyday, even though its under cals. i usually have one pack at around 10:30 - 11 am, and one at about 8/9pm with eastenders and a cup of tea!

looking forward to having my haircut tonight, how much do you think an inch of hair weighs? :p

today i am on super mission to get house super clean. so far ive tipped diamatecous earth all the over the living room and dining room and possibly some of that cats that got in the way!! its meant to get rid of fleas. i wish i could stop other peoples cats coming in and bringing them in coz ive got them off my cats, just trying to keep them away now. nasty little bitey things!

so anyway, the house looks a right mess now, like i havent dusted for 15 years lol, so im gonna let it do its thing in the carpet while i do some internet things then im gonna put my fave 60s music on and get scrubbing! will be adding my cleaning to my exercise too, so looking forward to burning some cals while getting the house clean!

my wonderful partner, joe, is working in pencader (annya this will be familiar to you im sure) tomorrow, so he'll be out all day, and my son, duncan, will be at his dads, so i will be having a saturday to myself. i havent had one of them for ages! i think i will cycle to france and back on my exercise bike :)

Can't weigh as scales battery has died and have ordered one off eBay but it's not come yet. Feeling a bit disheartened and have had an extra bag of quavers :/ I'm no where near my max cal limit but still feel bad. Will do 30 mins on bike to make up for it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Be careful how low you go honey. Look at my food diary on MFP and see how much I eat ( and how much of it is "junk"!) and I STILL lose weight :)

Don't feel bad and don't sight of your goals! Perhaps a few days without the scales isn't such a bad thing - I developed such an unhealthy obssession with weighing that I ended up giving my scales to the next door neighbour with strict instructions that I can only come once a week on a Friday morning to weigh myself. I tell you, it was really hard for the first couple of weeks, but I am glad I did it now as I feel very liberated and I'm not stressing every morning like I was when I got on them and analysed every tiny up or down :confused: Al says I am lot nicer to live with now too :eek: ;)

Enjoy your Quavers, have a pedal and smile girlie - you are doing AMAZINGLY well and couple of days without a sclel is not going to make a lot of difference, believe me :bighug:

hey toxicsgrl, don't be disheartened, a extra bag of quavers is a better choice than caving in and going on a binge! I agree with Annya, a few days without scales is a good thing, i worked away at the beginning of this week and didn't weigh myself and was so much more relaxed than i am now i'm back home, i almost hear them whispering to me to weigh myself and when i think about that it reminds me that i'm on a diet which reminds me of food - aargh! i would hurl them off the nearest bridge but they're not mine!

thank you for your support :) it means alot to have wise words from people who are going through the same thing. i shouldnt be so hard on myself because since i started the diet nearly 3 weeks ago, i have been 100% everyday, and have lost well. i think i just felt guilty but i was quite busy today with vigorous cleaning and what not so maybe thats why i was hungry.

i dont wanna exercise just to pig out though, because i dont want to get back in the habit of bingeing, even if i have enough calories left at the end of the day. i did 35 mins of exercise today and now have 698 cals left after all my meals and snacks but feel like i will undo the exercise if i go and eat them back again. im doing lasagne for tea tomorrow, with quorn so its healthier, so as a little treat for today, im going to have some garlic bread with it.

tonights tea was yummy, im definitely feeling alot fuller from meals that normally wouldnt touch the sides :) somethings shrunk in there!

here is what we had:

was about 670 cals, maybe 700, i havent added the light mayo on mfp yet.

i got the exercise bike and the 'other' machine tonight. i have been on both. the other one, i dont know what the name is but wow after 3 pulls on it, i could feel my legs and arms burning! it'll be good when ive lost some weight, and can do more than 30 seconds on it! the bike was designed for someone with less thigh than me, and most of the seat didnt see daylight when i got on it, but i stuck it out for 13 mins and it was ok. i will get myself some shoes on tomorrow and do some more. wasnt as hard as i thought it would be.

Good on you sweetie - keep up the good work, it is showing real results not just on the scales but in your outlook too..... you are very different from the lass who first posted on here 3 weeks ago!

just wanted to add this meal, which was 404 cals, and very yummy indeed!

beef stirfry strips with carrot, green beans, spring onions and noodles

Sorry would have replied to this sooner but was too jealous!!!! Exante Total Solution means no meals at all!!!

Glad you enjoyed it, it looks yummy!

X

Toxicgirl, so proud of u, don't worry how long you can do at this moment, keep a record because you will be surprised at how this will build up minute by minute, I started running a few months ago, ( had to give up cos of hips) but first time out I could hardly run 30 seconds and felt like I was dying... 6 weeks later I was running for 5 mins at a time, and it felt amazing, I've had to find different exercise to suit me now, but even starting is an atchievement because I can always find an excuse, or a job to do rather than exercise.
Yr noodles with beef look amazing too, how do u get pics on here, it's much easier to add pics on FB lol

i can do about 15 mins before it starts to hurt my back, but i do 2 lots of 15 mins a day and i'll eventually increase that.

i posted this on the WeMITTS board but i thought i'd ask here too:

hi, ive had a 100% week and ive been doing exercise which i wasnt doing last week, but i weighed this morning, and havent lost anything, ive put on about a pound. what the hell is going on?! my official weigh in day is tomorrow, but im dreading it, it feels like im stalling already in week 3.
im going to do some more exercise today and stick to my slim fast plan and hope to god i lose something when i weigh tomorrow coz thats whats been keeping me going! x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, i was babysitting my 4 month old niece at my sisters lastnight and i was changing her nappy, i was on the sofa and i was leaning over to do it while she was on the floor, so i finished then i bent even more forward to pick her up again and when i did i heard a 'popping' sound inside and it was really painful and is swollen now, which is accomplishment on someone my size! i have googled my symptoms, pain when breathing and moving, and it seems i may have broken or fractured a rib :(

so i did 5 mins today on the bike, and i guess i'll have to keep doing little bits. i dont want to just sit anymore, i wanna be up and moving.

@claire: i use an image hosting site, imageshack or something, to upload my picture, then i copy the forum code url thing and post it here, and somehow it shows it as a pic :)

i can do about 15 mins before it starts to hurt my back, but i do 2 lots of 15 mins a day and i'll eventually increase that.

i posted this on the WeMITTS board but i thought i'd ask here too:

hi, ive had a 100% week and ive been doing exercise which i wasnt doing last week, but i weighed this morning, and havent lost anything, ive put on about a pound. what the hell is going on?! my official weigh in day is tomorrow, but im dreading it, it feels like im stalling already in week 3.
im going to do some more exercise today and stick to my slim fast plan and hope to god i lose something when i weigh tomorrow coz thats whats been keeping me going! x

See my post on water retention on the month challenge thread honey. It may well be that, like Lucy, you are also holding on to water to help repair those under-exercised muscles. My rentention was SCARY in the first few weeks I started exercising - one week I put on 5lbs overnight :eek: :eek:, but I drank gallons and 2 days later it had gone again.... go figure! Sill have a bit of a problem with it now when I change things up :rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, i was babysitting my 4 month old niece at my sisters lastnight and i was changing her nappy, i was on the sofa and i was leaning over to do it while she was on the floor, so i finished then i bent even more forward to pick her up again and when i did i heard a 'popping' sound inside and it was really painful and is swollen now, which is accomplishment on someone my size! i have googled my symptoms, pain when breathing and moving, and it seems i may have broken or fractured a rib :(

If that is no better in the next 24 hours I would have someone check you over, just in case. They don't strap you up any more like in the old days, but you should take some pain killers at least to help with the pain. When I broke (several) ribs a few years back following a fall I could barely move for the pain and breathlessness for days after :(

so i did 5 mins today on the bike, and i guess i'll have to keep doing little bits. i dont want to just sit anymore, i wanna be up and moving.

Take it gently..............

@claire: i use an image hosting site, imageshack or something, to upload my picture, then i copy the forum code url thing and post it here, and somehow it shows it as a pic :)

I post pictures in threads here by using Photobucket. You copy the code from PB, click the image symbol in the toolbar and paste in the code. Hey presto, up comes your photo :)

Annya said:
I post pictures in threads here by using Photobucket. You copy the code from PB, click the image symbol in the toolbar and paste in the code. Hey presto, up comes your photo :)

Thanks annya. I'm beginning to feel a bit depressed about it. Makes me wanna reach for the junk but inknow I'll never lose weight if I do that! I guess in a week I'll notice the benefits from exercise, just seems like a week is a long time!
I'm not going to stop exercising but it's disheartening to think of the effort I'm putting in with eating less and exercising more and then gaining weight!
I'm at the kitchen sink now and I'm going to drink a giant sports direct mug if water and try and do it every 3 hours in the day. I find it so hard though which is daft! Here goes!! Xx

Thanks annya. I'm beginning to feel a bit depressed about it. Makes me wanna reach for the junk but inknow I'll never lose weight if I do that! I guess in a week I'll notice the benefits from exercise, just seems like a week is a long time!
I'm not going to stop exercising but it's disheartening to think of the effort I'm putting in with eating less and exercising more and then gaining weight!
I'm at the kitchen sink now and I'm going to drink a giant sports direct mug if water and try and do it every 3 hours in the day. I find it so hard though which is daft! Here goes!! Xx

Chin up honey - just remember you didn't put on the weight overnight, so I am afraid it's not going to come off overnight either. We all have set-backs, but it is how we deal with them that matters rather than the fact that we have had them.

It may well be that your body is having a bit of a catch up after it's 3 weeks of spectacular losses, which is quite common as we lose weight. Lots of water, as little junk as possible, and keep focussed. This can work, and you know it can, just stay committed and keep the faith :bighug:- try and focus on the stone you have already lost in just a few weeks, rather than you lack of loss this week.

I'm really starting to enjoy the exercising :) just put some music on and I went on the bike and my OH, Joe I will call him from now on :p anyway he went on the power rider and it was good to do it together. Better than sitting in front of the telly eating pringles!! He's a weed at 10 st 6 so wants to build his muscles. He's a tree surgeon so he's quite muscly already :D
It's good to have a partner do workout with though and pickle the kitten sits next to us and bats my feet as they go round on the pedals! Xx

so i weighed this morning, and ive put on 2lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell! i think i understand why, water retention etc but its so disheartening its unreal! ive been eating less and exercising more and i've bloody PUT ON weight! it doesnt make sense.
today i feel like giving up. what is the point? im going to have to try very hard not to eat everything in sight.

i'm going to stick to my 2 shakes a day, 3 100 cal snacks and a 600 cal meal and force some water down my neck for the next 7 days and if i still havent lost im going to go to the doctors and get some advice. if i put on again next week i think it might topple me :( im really really hoping i dont. the sort of good news is that i weight 184 point something lastnight, and now this morning its 182.9 so ive put on 1.2 kgs. just to get under the 181.7 i was in the week will be amazing and will spur me on.

i always thought and have read that the bigger you are and the more exercise you do, the more weight just falls off you, its just not happening with me!

so im still going to exercise but im going to drink WAY more water and i think im going to think of alternative 100 cal snacks coz maybe the 3 packs of 88 cal quavers a day arent doing me any good. i think i could have an open sandwich, with a slice of danish bread which i have in the freezer, and some wafer thin ham and tomato on. i'll try that this week and see if it makes a difference, and keep the quavers as 1 snack with a cuppa tea with eastenders :)

right, after writing all that im feeling a bit happier about it all.

i heard that drinking water with lemon juice in the morning helps gets your metabolism going, is this true?

anyway, happy new week to everyone, may you lose weight and i may i too please!!

Back