29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

Hey hun i only lost 1lb all week and was eating under my cals and exercising more but i did weigh myself this morning and it did show i was 2Lb lighter so im putting it down to water retention so prob is the same with u hun .... it is so dishearting i know but give it a few days and i bet u will see the difference xxx

Hi toxicsgrl

Don't be disheartened. You are doing really well. If you are exercising lots then you will be building muscle, which is heavier than fat.

Remember to measure your body because you are probably toning up and losing inches.

I'm sure you will have a good loss next week.

I fill a litre bottle of water twice a day and drink water that way. Keep drinking as your body will flush out all the rubbish and extra water.

Keep at it xx

its been a weird day, in the middle of divorcing my husband without using a solicitor so ive been very stressed :/ got on the scales this afternoon and weighed 181.9kg which is now only 200 grams over my last weigh in so must have lost some of the water. so im not gonna weigh til the weekend now, other wise if i put on again it'll get me down.

havent done any exercise today, apart from cleaning out the stinky shed. i'm going to do exercise every other day.

had a delicious tea, jacket pot and salad with the new fave in the house, light mayo, nat yog and mint sauce. has filled me right up :)

Well done on cleaning the stinky shed!! That's plenty of exercise for one day, in my book, housework is pretty energetic at times!!!

Tea looks yummy x

Please please don't give up you are doing amazing Hun, I also feel very disappointed when I have gained when being 100% or sts, but this is a life change and for the better, just think what you have put your body through the last few weeks major shock or what?!
Your body holds on to fluids etc to repair the muscles that you have used, if like me ,you arevprobably using muscles you forgot you had!
Although we tend to weigh weekly ( or daily for some) we should actually take our weight loss over a month, so I have been told by professionals !
You have had amazing losses, keep on track, drink that water and you WILL reap the benefits x
Some times I find drinking water fine, but some times I struggle, but no added sugar squash mixed with fizzy water. (17p for 2ltr supermarkets own make) is so much easier to drink, or herbal teas ( can't stand them myself but some like them)
Have you ever done slimming world? They have a list of foods that can aid weight loss, it's something to do with the body having to work harder to digest these food items
I can add the list for you if you haven't x
Keep yr chin up you will get there xx

thank you all :)

it really makes a difference to me to have people spurring me on, or i might have given up. i weigh on tuesday and im hoping for a 2lb loss so im going to get some more exercise in each day and drink water til its coming out of my ears coz im sure that helps flush out the water my body holds after i exercise.

sometimes i feel bad if i have over 1600 cals but mfp told me to have 2300 to lose weight so as im not having anywhere near that amount, i should be ok.

i know im in this for the long haul so if i have a bad week its ok, its only 1 week. it doesnt mean im giving up.

i saw a quote on here in one of the other threads and it really rang true. something along the lines of 'the year is going to happen anyway, so why not make the most of it'

i always think, if i'd have started this diet when i booted my husband out last year (march 23rd to be precise!) i could have lost over half my weight by now! so next year, i want to look back to now and be happy i didnt waste this year! im 30 in feb so want to have lost about 8 stone by then if poss then another 8 stone by my next bday. i may not get 8 stone off by feb but im still going to try. to get to over 2 stone loss is my mini goal for now.

@claire, i havent done slimming world, i went to one meeting and the leader was so awful and talked to me like i was going to be her 'project' that i didnt go back. then she left me an answer phone message telling me shfelt sorry for me that i had given up on myself! NICE!!!

anyway, i think if i had the option to eat as many free foods as i could, i would pig out on them and i dont want that. ive got over being hungry and my tummy has shrunk so getting fuller quicker is easier.

i really hope i lose something on tues. im going to change my day to friday to weigh in though, lucy has done also, so we can all be the same. will feel more like a weight loss group then. im going to weigh tues then fri and just keep it at friday, im a bit worried though that this will make me not try so hard on the weekend. coz now i have to be good if i wanna see a loss on a tues. i just hope i can resist the weekend eating. i can do more exercise on the weekend though as my partners off work so we do it together, walking or on the exercise machines (or sex) (shhh :p) so i guess i can burn off anything extra i eat :)

tonight we're having a celebratory summer holiday BBQ and we're not having burgers or sausages, we're having marinated chicken breasts and beef kebabs with salad. was going to have pitta but omg pittas are high in calories!! would never have thought that!! may have a bottle of pear cider too :)

have a nice weekend all :) xxxxxxxx

today i slipped over in lidl, on a wet floor and seriously injured my knee. not a good day. am in loads of pain and expecting a huge bruise. really annoyed coz it means i wont be able to exercise for a while :( feeling very sorry for myself :(

Oh no!!!! Are you ok? I hope they apologised!!!! Stupid lidl!

I hope you get better soon!

Sarah x

sarah45121 said:
Oh no!!!! Are you ok? I hope they apologised!!!! Stupid lidl!

I hope you get better soon!

Sarah x

No apology. Was a wreck of tears laying on the floor in a heap. It was horrible. 2 drunk men helped me up and helped me to the car. My partner came from work to rescue me coz I couldn't drive! My dad and sis say I should sue them. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Get to the doctor and then sue them. I'm not a fan of the ever increasing popularity of suing but that is complete negligence, in my view it would of been different if a member of staff came to your aid and profusely apologised !
My mum who is in her 70's fell, tripped on a bricked pavement where an area had sunk, my dad phoned the council, told them what had happened, said he wasn't going to sue but advised them to get it fixed before a major accident happened, 4 weeks passed and no repair was made, he phoned them again and said that if it was not repaired he would sue, may be that would get their arses into gear before some one did themselves serious injury, low and behold it was fixed the following week!
I hope your knee recovers quickly, in the mean time rest, elevate and ice packs to reduce any swelling x

Sue!!!!! Definitely!!!

Sarah x

in alot of pain and have a cold to to it off :( will be going to docs tomorrow to get some painkillers. not been thinking about dieting but will be back on the shakes tomorrow. hope everyones ok xxx

Aw no :( Hope your knee is less painful today. I fell on ice earlier in the year and buckled my knee pretty badly, I know what you're going through. Just don't rush getting back to exercise, make sure you rest up..x

Thank you xx

My knee isn't so bad now. It's my thigh muscle and swollen ankle and right arm I can't use that's giving me more pain! Just seems to be getting worse!

I dont think I'll be exercising for a long while :( x

Auburn said:
How are you doing today? Keep at it, you can do it! :)
Hope you feel better today!!

Feel a bit better now and back in the diet frame of mind. Decided to try eating the cals mfp recommends me to eat to lose 2lb a week for this week and see what happens. Will be weird eating so much, as it's 2100 cals! Well it said 2260 so I have a fall back of 200 or so for special occasions! Will weigh on Friday and see what happens! X

I expect the bruising is starting to come out now and that's why it seems to be getting worse, don't exercise Untill the pain has stopped, you could hinder your recovery and be out of action for longer:(
It's really positive that you are still focused and determined, that's great, good luck for weigh day x

woohoo ive lost 1.5lbs :) im not counting it yet as my weigh day is now friday but just wanted to make note of my happiness to be losing again! ive been eating more so i guess it does work, eating all my cals. strange but true! x

Woop-woop!!!!

today is the first time i've properly noticed ive lost weight :) my upper tummy isnt sticking out as much as it used to and i *think* my face looks thinner. my sis says it does, well she did a week ago, but i didnt see it myself! yay :)

i think this is whats called a NSV!! WOOO! :banana dancer:

Back