29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

Yay - well done you - isn't it great when all of suddent you notice something different. You can do this :D

I finally started to notice my losses when my "top tummy" went. As you can see from the photos on MFP I had 3 pairs of boobs when I started out and am now just down to one pair in the right place and a bit of a lower belly bulge. My NSV was the photo of me at that wedding last week, I honestly hadn't really acknowledged how much slimmer I was until I saw that and another one that I might post there too which shows the laces down the back of that beautiful corset skirt - finally my arse doesn't look HUGE, just back to it's curvaceous C-shaped normal size (it was never small).

Well done, my top tummy or muffin top, has definitely shrunk, and because I sit all day and jot notes on a clip board on my knee I can actually now see what I'm writing lol,
I think we do suffer a bit with denail, and an obscured vision when we look at ourselves, firstly we don't see it creeping on and then we don't see it when we are loosing it either, I look in the mirror and don't see much of a difference, but the scales say other wise, the clothes that I am getting back in to and I've gone down 2 notches on my belt

Im restarting tomorrow at 21st 3lbs. At my heaviest was 23st 10lbs but SF helped get it down a bit. Back for the next leg so to speak.

Loser85 said:
Im restarting tomorrow at 21st 3lbs. At my heaviest was 23st 10lbs but SF helped get it down a bit. Back for the next leg so to speak.

Good luck for your first day back :) have u done anything tonight for your day before the diet starts treat? :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not really tbh, if i indulge too much my acid reflux goes mad and i suffer. Theres lots of things i'd like to eat though *dreams and drools* but realise its that mentality thats got me to this point in the 1st place. Not an easy thing to admit! I just had a greggs steak bake on a bread roll with some baked beans. Didnt look at cals. Enough of that from tomorrow.

Congrats on the NSV too. To quote Tesco (!) every little helps :D

my TOTM started this morning, so im dreading tomorrows weigh in! hopefully next week i'll notice a bigger loss :cross:

my TOTM started this morning, so im dreading tomorrows weigh in! hopefully next week i'll notice a bigger loss :cross:

Grab this morning's loss and run with it honey - oh, unless you have lost more by tomorrow morning ;)

Grab this morning's loss and run with it honey - oh, unless you have lost more by tomorrow morning ;)

hahaha i doubt i will, but it'd be fab if i do, especially with it being the TOTM, coz i always bloat! looking forward to seeing a bigger loss next friday. im gunning for that 2 stone loss!! xx

Last edited:
decided to try and go low carb for a week. so started with tonights meal, which was a very yummy turkey salad with some grated cheese and mayo. really enjoyed it, and filled me up nicely. going to look for some nice recipes and buy alot of meat and veg/salad when i go shopping on the weekend.

Hey Toxicgrl, good luck with the low carb & that 2 stone mini goal.
I use to do slimfast but doing moderate carbs for a while as i'm a slow loser. I love slimfast & its a pity they dont give us lower carb options like in the states. I get my choccie fix from their choc milkshake (almost like McD) & when the shops were doing 1/2 price deals on them, my kids kept buying me tins so i have a cupboard full lol. Love your meal pics yummy.

Im Quite miserable about it all at the mo. I'm hoping it's TOTM water retention but I can be positive about it. Really struggling to know what to do. I'm back drinking loads of water again today and will try my hardest to continue with that.
Since going into starvation mode after having loads less cals than I needed to live, I upped my cals but can't help feeling I'm going against myself :(
If I have the shakes for breakfast and lunch and 3 100 cal snacks, my tea then needs to be 1400 cals to be having all my cals!!! That's alot of calories for one meal at the end of the day!! So I've not had shakes for a while and have just been having normal sort of stuff for meals, like toast for breakfast and a sarnie or soup for lunch etc... But it means I'm having to think about 2 extra meals a day, and that's where I feel like I lose control. Help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

There are loads of ways to increase yr cals and still keeping it healthy, what about making your snax 200 cals each? Nuts and seeds are good for u but are higher in cals, full fat cheese, full fat milk, full fat yoghurts etc x
Will have a think x

Personally I find bread bloats me and slows my weight loss even if I am within my cals, just a thought x

Yep, bread is a killer for me too. Strangely though I am OK with tortillas and wraps - go figure?

As I suggested before, try nuts (raw not roasted) they are a great calorie-dense food, full of good fats and essential nutrients. Fats and carbs are not your enemy (contrary to popular belief), but saturated fats and processed carbs are. Plenty of fruit-based carbs and unprocessed carbs (wholemeal pasta, brown rice etc). Stuff lots of bananas - I love them but they don't fit into my current calorie macros too well :rolleyes:

thank you :)

it was just so easy on slimfast coz it was one meal and it was fine, but that plan is just too few cals for me. although i think im going to go back on it for a week just to give me a boost again.
will have to get meal planning again and rethink the whole more cals thing. god its so stressful!! xx

The problem is one does not fit all, and sometimes it takes a bit of tweaking before you find something that is right for you. It's hard when you want instant results which we all do, but you have to remember also that your body will take time to adjust, so you shouldnt make a decision if something works or not too quickly, take it over a month. Unless u get adverse affects, like bloating or tummy upset etc.
You will get through this, keep coming here for yr support, in the words of annya: choose your hard!!
But imagine the feeling as you reach your mini targets, and being a role model for your children.
All of us here know how hard this journey is and we are proud of u xx

I agree with Claire - we are here for you.............. don't give up, you CAN do this.

Sadly it looks like I am on target for another unexplained GAIN this week, but I will just keep on it - it has to start coming off again sooner or later as I am doing everything right!

I agree with Claire - we are here for you.............. don't give up, you CAN do this.

Sadly it looks like I am on target for another unexplained GAIN this week, but I will just keep on it - it has to start coming off again sooner or later as I am doing everything right!

its so frustrating isnt it! im just hoping it'll start going in the right direction again soon! it must do, it will have to!

thank you both for being so supportive, i have no one in my everyday life who i can moan at like this, and be understood, so i really do appreciate it!

Anytime Hun, it's hard enough as it is especially when there is little understanding around you x

Don't mention it - as I have said before, I am always around if you need a whinge, an odd scream or just a quick cyber-cwtch :bighug:

I too have a problem with lack of understanding - sadly my husband thinks I am lovely just as I am - which is really nice - but as I said to him I am still at least a stone overweight and I am not happy with my body - and it is me who has to live in it, not him!

We are all hear to give each other whatever support and help we can - and I will continue to be here for you (and you Claire!) if you need me..............

Back