2nd Interview - Medical Questionnaire

I had to write an essay :eek::eek::eek::eek: Not only that but was scheduled for the same time as 2 lads from the airport who I knew - awkward much? In usual Toots style I bounded in smiling and telling them that it was like a family reunion out in the hallway. Ooopsie - they smiled though and were nice guys

I do not think I've done myself justice - when she was asking for examples I couldn't think of any and when she asked how I managed to do so many things at once I kind of gave a blase "because I know my job and the industry inside out" - didn't mean to but no point in worrying about it now. I got out alive and that's the main thing :p

Thanks for all your help, guys

xxx

quick tidbit: your strengths *should* be detailed in your CV; make sure they are, and that you remember what they are for the interview. But when the question comes up (which it will... sigh) don't just reel them off, pick what you feel the best couple are and elaborate on them. After you've done two, you'll get a feeling for whether they want to hear more (elaborate on a third), or whether they've heard enough stock answer to their stock question and the interview will move on.

And that's a good point, other candidates will be asked the same question; if they've tailored their CV etc. right for the job/employer, chances are good they'll give a similar answer to the one you've prepared. So dare to be different! But not so outlandish that you come across as a dick or idiot in the interview :D

Interviews are in theory dead easy, you just turn up, answer their questions and bugger off! The hard part is doing all the work prior to the interview to ensure you stand out, but I guess I don't need to tell you this.

Try googling 'mock interview' ;)

Thanks, Jim - the strengths / weaknesses one was the one I had down and the bug*ers didn't ask it!! Typical :rolleyes:

xx

Yeah, they were really nice guys - it was the HR woman who made me feel uneasy and made it feel like an interview. It's a shame as she is the one who I wouldn't really have had anything to do with if I had got the job and the guys kept leaning across to her and telling her not to worry and that they knew exactly what I was talking about (with industry specific bits and bobs). I think if she wasn't there I would have relaxed a bit more and would have given a better impression of myself.

Thanks again for your advice

xx

Have they said when they will let you know whether or not you got it? Congratulations on getting through it by the way.

In my experience there is always one there who makes you feel more nervous than the others. Good that the others knew what you were saying.

They said they would let me know in 7-10 days. The head honcho said I was an "articulate enigma" - I'm still trying to work out if that's a good thing or bad thing :eek:

They said they would let me know in 7-10 days. The head honcho said I was an "articulate enigma" - I'm still trying to work out if that's a good thing or bad thing :eek:

In the absence of any other information I would take it as good :p

Glad it went well hun xxxx

In the absence of any other information I would take it as good :p

He then went on to say that he couldn't understand why I had never worked in sales before but it was difficult to guage whether he was saying because I would be good at it or asking why I had only shown an interest now

Glad it went well hun xxxx

I wish - but at least I gave them a giggle if nothing else ;)

xx

ooop north :)

Thanks for the thought!!

xxx

I have a second interview!! :eek::eek:

Anyone know how to use powerpoint? I haven't used it for at least 8 years :eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe it - am so so chuffed

xxx

Cheers, chick

I've done the presentation slides - you were right, was pretty quick to pick it up again. Do you think 10 slides with bullet points on are enough for a 15 minute presentation? Also, how do I hook my laptop up to their equipment for the slide show?

Thanks

xxx

well done on your second interview - most companies wont let you bring your laptop with you in case of viruses - might be best to check with the interviewers what the plan is - USB is normal, the IT dept can run a quick virus check on those easily before your presentation!!!

Good luck hun xxxx

Thanks for your help and support - I really appreciate it :)

xxx

well done on your second interview - most companies wont let you bring your laptop with you in case of viruses - might be best to check with the interviewers what the plan is - USB is normal, the IT dept can run a quick virus check on those easily before your presentation!!!

Good luck hun xxxx

See, I don't have a clue!!! So what if I take a USB and there is a virus and I can't use it on their systems- does that mean I get out of it??!! Maybe I should find an internet cafe where I can print the slides out on perspex just in case?? :eek::eek::eek:

no the It dept can run a check and quarenteen any harmful files on the USB - your presentation will be fine hun!!

Give them a call tho - they might just want paper handout copies....!

x

Back