2nd Interview - Medical Questionnaire

They specifically said Power Point - think it is because part of the job will be giving presentations at Chamber of Commerce events - I'll be ok as I tend to pick things up really quickly and it's always easier trying to remember how to do something than learning from scratch. Just still in shock I think - I had pen and paper in my hand ready to ask for feedback as to where I went wrong!!

At least if I'm using their equipment everything should be set up for me to just plug in the usb and go.............

xxx

Well done Toots. Good luck with the second interview. When is it? i'll keep everything crossed

Good luck Toots! I know how you're feeling as I have an interview tomorrow and have to do a presentation too! And I'm not terribly confident on my topic. Urrrrgh. I HATE interviews! Why do we do it to ourselves, eh??!

You'll be wonderful! They must have been impressed to get you back.

Good luck Toots! I know how you're feeling as I have an interview tomorrow and have to do a presentation too! And I'm not terribly confident on my topic. Urrrrgh. I HATE interviews! Why do we do it to ourselves, eh??!

Oooh - good luck - I'm sure you'll be fabulous

Thanks everyone for the advice and votes of confidence
xx

Oooh - good luck - I'm sure you'll be fabulous

Thanks everyone for the advice and votes of confidence
xx

Thanks! I'm bricking it at the moment! Just really chuffed to be shortlisted as I really didn't expect to be! Keep vascillating between thinking 'Oh yeah, they should want me and I'm the person for the job' to thinking 'Oh no, why did they shortlist me - I'm not experienced enough!'.

Only good thing is the nervous sh1ts which should help my WI tonight! LOL!

Thanks! I'm bricking it at the moment! Just really chuffed to be shortlisted as I really didn't expect to be! Keep vascillating between thinking 'Oh yeah, they should want me and I'm the person for the job' to thinking 'Oh no, why did they shortlist me - I'm not experienced enough!'.

Only good thing is the nervous sh1ts which should help my WI tonight! LOL!

:8855:Nerves go straight to my tummy too. You'll be fine!! I know what you mean about the schitzy switch between "they should want me" and "aaargh can't do this"

good luck both for your interviews - xxxx

thanks xx

Woooooo Hoooooo, well done on the 2nd interview xx

Fankyoo!!

xxx

Stacey - how did it go??

xx

Good luck to you - my advice would be to relax, answer whatever comes at you to the best of your ability, smile through it all and just be yourself - you will do great I'm sure. X

Stacey - how did it go??

xx

Not bad! Definitely relaxed a bit more towards the end. I think they were impressed with my presentation. They said they'll be doing 2nd interviews and would be in touch at the end of the week so I'll just have to wait and see. I think I might get through to the 2nd interview but dont want to be too confident!

When is your 2nd interview?

Fab stuff - I'll keep everything crossed for you

My second one is 1st December - my 12 year anniversary in the industry!!! Don't know if that's a good omen or not :p

xxx

Well, 2nd interview on tuesday. My suit feels a little snug - combination of longest period ever (6 days heavy as opposed to my normal 3 days :( sorry if any boys reading) and feeling extremely poorly after swine flu jab. I hold my hands up and admit that my diet has gone out of the window in spectacular fashion. Am seriously considering a 3 day stint on a VLCD to take the bloat off :eek:.

Anyway, I have new accessories. Same grey Next suit but with a cobalt blue cowl neck satin top and cobalt blue Mary Janes. Thinking delicate silver jewellery?

So....the presentation. Have been practicing it a couple of times a day and really hope I don't eff it up. I have been asked to do a 15 minute presentation but it is 10-12 minutes (depending on how much I breathe between sentences). Do you think that's OK or should I try to squeeze another 3 minutes out of it - was hoping could get away with question time for 3 minutes??

OMG can you tell I'm starting to panic? I know there are more important things to worry about but it is my chance to be where I want to be heading career-wise. I have kind of stood still this past 5 years and I was always career orientated - but then I got a little bit poorly and everything seemed to get put on hold and never started again. It would just be so cool if I got it

Thanks again for listening to me and for all your support - I really appreciate it

Stacey - have you had any news back yet?

xxxx

Shamelessly bumping for advice on presentations

Anyone assess presentations? - if they say 15 minute presentation does it have to be 15 minutes or can you talk for 11 and leave 4 for questions?

Ta muchly

xxx

Thankyou so much for your input. Just done some re-working and go it up to 13 minutes. Still tripping over my words so know I'm going a little too fast. Think if I calm it down and slow it down it will be 15 minutes

Thanks again so so much

xxxx

Back