3 Course Dinner

Hey guys,

Doing a dinner party and was hoping to make all courses on extra easy, hopefully using all free foods so that i can use my syns for alcohol......

Any ideas??

Thanks
Adrienne

You could make a soup for your starter, followed by spag bol or chilli, or chicken, new pots and salad, then I get stuck for 0 syn puddings.
I think there's a lemon mousse which is free.
For only a few syns you could have meringue nests with berries and cream for guests/quark and sweetener for you. Almost like a pavlova and yummy!!!

Think I would do garlic mushrooms for starter, chicken wrapped in bacon with saute potatoes (fresh rosemary added), green beans, and then pudding exotic fruit salad, but splash out on some more interesting fruits - and then have clotted cream available for your guests.

I think I would do some sort of seafood/smoked salmon starter. You could give bread to the guests and not have any yourself, also give them a real mayo dressing but substitute natural fromage frais/yogurt or extra light mayo for you.

Main course, grilled steak, new or sauteed potatoes with salad or fresh steamed veg. You could do a pepper sauce for the guests and treat yourself to a spoonful

Pudding I would go with fruit and meringue as suggested above.

I would have chicken liver pate and ciabatta bread (I'd eat ryvita) then for main a sweet jacket potato, asparagus, green beans and then either tuna steak, sirloin steak, or lamb steaks. Roasted vegetables mixedwith couscous and a bid cod fillet is a favourite of mine.

Dessert will always be tricky but maybe layer defrosted berries with muller light and serve with bransy snap baskets. Not sure how many syns the brandy snaps are but god who cares - you deserve a treat.

I'd do my chicken curry and rice (see recipe section). I made this again at the weekend and my friend demanded the recipe on the spot and said he'd pay money for it in a restaurant!

Lots of yummy ideas! What about asparagus and parma ham for starter? It's such a great idea to entertain yourself, cos you can choose all the healthiest dishes, then really relax and enjoy some booze!! When's the dinner party?

Been looking through all the threads... how does this sound??

Syn Free Dips (instead of nibbles)
Spinach and garlic dip with roasted veg
Aubergine Dip
Raita
Both served with peppers and celery
Starter:
Carrot and Watercress Duo soup

Main:
Cottage Pie and Veg

Dessert:
Frozen summer fruit ice

Think that leaves me many syns for wine??? What do you think???

Back