3 months in and still going strong

Haha - I guess we can't blame it on them for ever! My 6ft 2", 24 year old "baby" loves cooking though, so maybe I can still blame him next time he cooks up a roast dinner for everyone & then remembers I am on the space food still! I was amazed I was able to stick to my soup & water whilst the rest of the family dined royally!
Good luck with reaching your targets - step by step we will get there.

Thank you all!!
I think it's great that there is a forum that is there for people to support each other...no public humiliations of weigh-ins, just friendly support and advice. lovely!
So what are everyone's goals??...any special events coming up?

Well I am nearly at the lost 2 stone mark :clap: - missed it by a few lbs this week but should hit it plus a bit more next week.
My overall target is to hit 11 stone down drom 16st 13lb - but I need to take it in small stages. No time limit really just keep at it as long as I need to.

There is a Christmas target thread for exante followers you can join - if you haven't already found it.

Away from slimming its my birthday at the end of the month :birthday:

How about anyone else?

Owup, you are doing fab - bet you can see a difference, eh? Stick with it.
I need to lose 2-3 stone and get to 10st. Doing it in 8lb chunks and thinking really positive to get through it. Doesn't help that my family are food mad and my mum thinks I am eating disordered as I am only having a shake, a soup and a bar per day. No point explaining it to her....!!!!;)
Husband is very supportive and kids too young to understand.
Would love to go to my christmas night out at work wearing something lurvley and tight and feel good about myself rather than sitting in something oversized and being self-conscious.
Have a wedding to go to on Oct 2 - if I could lose a bit by then, it would be great.
heidi x

Thanks heidi, yes it is beginning to notice now - and I will soon have to get some new clothes! I don't want to get many though because I still want to lose more. I know I have to keep up the good work, but I think I am at a bit of "dangerous" stage - I feel loads better and more comfortable so some of my original motivation is weakening. I think if I get some smaller clothes & they are a bit tight it will help remind me I still have a long way to go and not to give up. here's hoping!

Christmas is a really good target isn't it? and and a great motivator. Like you said - keeping in mind how great it would be to turn up at the works "do" looking fantastic is a great motivator. I was amazed when I went on the Christmas target thread that by then I could have lost another 45 lbs - I worked it out hoping I would average a 3lbs per week loss which I think shold be quite realistic - & I left a week out in case I forget myself during my birthday week (also my dad's 80th so big family celebration planned).

If you keep at the plan you will have certainly lost a nice amount by the Oct 2 wedding - it will be a great start for you - and that will encourage you for your next target.

Still going strong with the occasional blip.

Well although things have slowed down I am still going strong at this - never thought I would still be on Exante this long.
Hi, I am totally new to this type of thing, but can see its a good way to share lots of info. and encouragement. Started exante last week, day 9 today and starting to realise what a long haul this will be. But I am the most positive I have been about gaining control of my weight for years.

Oh, that's good - the title did change - I was not sure how to change it but saw a tip on another thread.

Now that I have been doing this for almost 3 months I thought it was time to update mty original thread. I am about to start a new job as well so this seems like a good time for an added effort on my part.

I need to take an AAM week but am hoping that 5 days will be ok - Wed to Sunday which means I can start after my Wed weigh in - and be 100% on the Monday when I satrt new job. I know if I don't then I may drift because of the new routine etc.

Hoping for a couple of lbs off this week, then maybe a very small loss following - we will see!

Well I had a good loss last week - 3lbs off, which takes me below 14 stone, just over half way to target, and 3 stone lost in total so far , so an all round yee harr week for me!

So far so good adding a meal - just managed to keep in check and not go mad - not had any carbs & stayed to high protien low fat - probably too much on the plate though - so will check the list tomorrow.

Thanks Berryred - so many people on this forum are an inspiration to me - the success stories make me want to keep going , and when I see others struggling it reassures me that I am not alone in this & that it's quite normal to find it more difficult sometimes.

We had a chicken curry last night which I made with spinach, courgette & celery with a stock cube. Added cauliflower rice (I was amazed it is ok!) so that was all good - but I added coconut milk into the curry - it did taste lovely & was really filling and was a good Saturday night treat - but I know the coconut milk was bad - too high in fat & calories really. However It is chicken salad tonight & fish with veg tomorrow so hoping that overall the add a meal week will have been ok and I will still lose a 1lb. I am strating to run out of ideas to be honest and am not sure what to eat for last add a meal on Tuesday - I will be quite glad to get back to worry free 100% lol!

Because my OH did not have much to lose he is moving on to working solutions for the next few weeks and will then just keep to low fat meals to maintain whilst I get back to TS on Wednesday.

Starting new job tomorrow so need to be organised today & get an early night - have to get up an hour earlier to get in on time! That will be a shock for me - but I guess I will soon get used to it.

Will catch up again tomorrow - off to garden centre to get some winter bedding plants for the garden before winter takes hold!

Well done owup on losing so well, even with AAM week. :D Good luck with the new job and fitting in the new routine with job, hopefully you will be too busy to think about food ;)

I never realised you could plant things for winter period, what kinds of plants did you buy? My garden needs something now all the summer plants have finished. My pots are also all bare, is there anything I can put in them that will survive winter? :)

S x

You are doing really well and it is good to be planning ahead especially with the job change, so that you know you have a plan to stick to and leads to less temptation - I am having a new kitchen (it is taking longer than anticipated) so rather than stress about what I can eat while I am maintaining I decided to come back to Exante for a week or so then I don't have to think about cooking for myself - doing Atkins is all about fresh food and cooking and not having a kitchen is a problem lol. Well done and keep up the good work :D

Thanks for the encouragement Susie & Bren.

First day went ok & it whizzed by - had to be reminded to take a lunch break! Even managed to turn up on time!

Strictly speaking my "winter" bedding may not see the whole winter through - a hard frost will see it all off - but living in the middle of Bristol it is fairly sheltered. I have used violas, pansies, & cyclamens - think the spelling is right! I put some around the edge of the flower beds and some in pots which already have spring bulbs in - so hopefully we will see some sort of flower right through to March / April. I really struggle during the winter especially with the darker nights and mornings so seeing something cheerful is a real boost.

Well done both of you on your losses - Bren you are maintaining so well - good plan to pop back onto exante during the kitchen mayhem-like you say, planning certainly seems to be a key thing.
Susie - you are nearly there! Bet you reach target well before Christmas.
Last day of adding a meal tomorrow - decided on prawn curry (no bad things added this time) & then back to 100% until week before Christmas.

Hmmm, not happy! Put on 1lb last week - I had hoped for a 1lb loss! I know the meals were probably too big, but I was really careful about keeping things really low carb, and low fat - (except for saturdays home made curry which I added coconut milk to). I can't see how I can gain weight in a week where I have eaten only about 1000 calories a day - surely the maths just doesn't work out.

Having said that - I have been having the dreaded toilet problems - this seems to be a recurring theme so I will not dwell on it - but If what goes in isn't coming out I suppose it will not help my weight?

Oh well, back to 100% anyway - so should be a good week - no decisions to make about what to eat & no cooking or washing up either (almost none anyway)

What does AAM mean please?

Feeling pretty positive again, although still find the weekends hard going.

been doing a bit of Wii fit as well which I am really enjoying once I get going - I think it helps two ways as well as the obvious activity bonus - its a diversion that gets me away from the TV and the "i want to snack" trigger that always goes with it, plus it gets me feeling more positive and energetic. Hoping to do at least another 30mins tonight which will help me get to the end of the weekend.

looking forward to WI day on Wed as been 100% so far since last Wed so I am hoping for a decent loss.

well done for getting back into it :) I missed aam week as I had a planned day out!

look forward to weds weigh in :) I don't have the wii fit, is it any good then? I find it hard enough some nights to go in the garage for a run (on the treadmill lol) and hubby would freak if I had the tv lol! I don't really watch much!

xx

I don't think it would be much help for people who are already quite fit - but with my pitiful fitness levels it seems to be doing something - and it is quite good fun as well - I find most exercise soooo boring and this has little novelty games so keeps me a bit more interested I guess.
But I guess its like a lot of these things - a bit of a novelty - so gets me going for a while until the novelty wears off. We bought a cross trainer years ago and used it for a while until it turned into a clothes hanger!
No way could I motivate myself to go outside to the garage in these colder evenings- so well done you if thats what you do. We are lucky and have a 2nd living room, so we don't get any tv conflicts.

Hope you had a good start to the week.

Back