3 months in and still going strong

5lb is def doable. Can you up your exercise for this week? lost track of who's doing it but the 30 day shredder seems to be spreading like a virus so you could do that if you're not already? Even if you don't make it to less than 13 by december, it'll be a woohoo for that day when you're in the 12's that you just won't care and that is only days away now:)

thanks Sandwich -you are so right - I have to hang in there. For some reason I have had a lowish few days and not done so well - I will push through the weekend and try to get my positve head back on.

Maybe its the cold? ... just looking for excuses really!

Think I am going to have to change the title of the thread again! .. definitely NOT still going strong!

I am just trying to stick to this as much as I can for the next couple of weeks and then take a week off over Christmas - then back to TS in the new year.

Don't be hard on yourself, it's so tough at this time of year to 'diet', everyone is eating, drinking and partying and the weather is freezing so you feel you need more calories on board as well. I feel if I can just maintain it until the middle of Jan (I have another party on 7th and my b'day on 16th!) then I will get back again strict until I've got to the point where I feel happy with my shape :)

I thought I would be there now but I still look chubby :( Sigh!

Have a great Christmas break (but not too great!!)
S xx

haha, thanks Susie. I am hoping to maintain, but will not be too upset if I gain a 1lb or 2. I know I can get right back on the wagon In the new year (2011 that is, not 2012!!). I have been having one meal a day for the last week or so now, with some exxtras as well - so far still managed to lose 1lb a week which I know is not vlcd / exante standards, but is still a loss. I expect I may have gained 1lb this week at least though after a lovely weekend with family plus xmas party on Friday with colleagues from my old job - it was great because they kept saying how fantastic i looked which was so brilliant!

Weigh in tomorrow, so I will update with that, but then I will sign off until new year I think.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas. xx

Well I'm back after munching my way through lots of lovely food & drink.

Restarted today, full of determination but also full of cold, but assuming that if I feel rubbish already a few days waiting for ketosis to kick in won't make me feel much worse - and I really can't cope with any more food!

So, back to it 100% as long as i can. My OH is joiningg me for the first couple of weeks so I am confident that I can get off to a flying start and lose the Christmas gain quickly.

I have still got a way to go so need to get back int he zone asap!

Will keep you posted.

haha just read last post back to myself and saw the typos - I really should edit my posts before I press the button - tired eye typing syndrome I think!

Christmas weight will be gone in no time and having your hubby on board should make things a little easier

Good luck

xx

Thanks Toots & Joanne. I am hoping to be back to pre Christmas weight in a week or 2 and then to carry on downwards , I am looking forward to leaving the 13's behind and getting into the 12's which I don't think I have been all my adult life (or certainly not for about 25 years!)

Im the same Owup. Smallest I have ever been was 13 years ago before I got pregnant with DD. I managed to lose 3 stones at the time which took me 12 stone. Even at that I was a size 18 on top and a 16 on bottom so am delighted that I am currently a size 18 all over at just under 14 stone.

How's it going there?
xx

Hiya, been getting on ok over the weekend - not had any bars so I can save them for at work in the week, so I have had shake for breakfast & soup for lunch & soup for tea which has been ok, so far with peppermint tea / black coffe thrown in for good measure!

I have been trying to keep the water intake up as well and felt much better yesterday & today, although had the usual weekend cravings. Because we have a lot to do catching up on housework type stuff after the holiday it has helped pass the time better.

My cold is clearing up as well so feeling much better and ready for a good week at work starting tomorrow.

Weigh in on Wednesday and I am hoping for at least 1/2 a stone off - we shall see. OH is finding it harder this time around but will only need to do it for a week or 2 anyway as he does not have much to lose.

Once I am down in the low 12's I think we will both go over to slimming world which we both found really good & sustainable about 8 years ago - but I need to lose the worst of the weight more quickly so thats why I am sticking with exante for now.

Hope you are getting on ok as well - apparently this is the most depressing weekened of the year, so hope you have both got through it ok.

xx

Well done on getting through most depressing weekend of the year ;) and good luck for WI
xxx

Ahh, thanks Toots,

just been on your thread - sorry your weekend has not been so good, but well done for hanging in there & not caving in.
xx

I had to do a brand new ticker as my original one went all wonky on me - suddenly would not come up at all and couldn't fix it, so went on a new site for the new ticker.

Had a good day today, feeling quite in the swing of things for now. OH has lost 6lbs already (he weighs in on mondays, but restarted same day as me - last wed so he lost 6lb in 5 days. He is only about 1stone overweight now so he is going to just try to eat sensibly and cut out snacks/biscuits/cakes & massive portions! So I went on the Wii fit whilst he ate spicy chicken with my son.

I really hope my enthusiasm sticks around for a few weeks and I can stay on TS until end of January at least. I am going to keep an open mind though & not look too far ahead.

Thanks Joanne!

Weigh in yesterday and pleased with 8lb for first week back. Then for some reason (maybe row with son followed quickly by row with OH?!) really struggled last night and not brilliant this evening either - but feeling positive again.
You are right of course, only a few weeks to go and then I will add a meal.

I know I need to focus again and get back in the groove. It is OH's 50th middle of Feb and we will probably be going out for a couple of special evenings so I will try to use that as a motivation.

wow! 6lb loss that's really great :D keep it up oweup, not long to got ill the end of the month :D

Come on, you're doing really well and 8lbs is faboo!

You can do this

xxxx

Back