3 months in

Wendolene

Hi there,

This is my first time dipping my toe in the Slimming World waters and I am now at about the halfway point in my journey. I've been struggling recently, especially with the Easter festivities, and decided to post a thread to remind myself what a difference 3 months makes.

The photo on the left was taken at my 30th birthday party last year. I'm guessing I weighed well over 11 stone at the time. The photo on the right was taken a fortnight ago, and I'm roughly 1st 6.5lb lighter. I had a 'lightbulb moment' when I was shopping (something that had been reducing me to tears and making my self confidence hit rock bottom before I started this healthy eating plan) the other day. I saw a dress in the sale, and fell in love with the print. They only had it in one size, and my friend thought it wouldn't fit. I literally punched the air when it did! And they ended up saying 'I usually don't like discussing topics like this, but you really look like you've lost weight'.

Every time I want to reach for the chocolate (as a comfort eater who suffers from extreme anxiety), I try and remember how much healthier I feel. I no longer get out of breath climbing just one flight of stairs. The joint pain in my knees is gradually disappearing. And, I know one thing for certain - the woman in the photo on the right is much happier than the woman on the left.

Wow you look amazing! We both have a similar amount of weight to lose, I am only two weeks in so seeing your picture makes me realise how much I can lose and that SW does work.

Keep it up and we'll done!!

Cant net wait to start clothes shopping and actually enjoy it lol xx

You can see a really big difference, especially in your arms and face. Well done, you look great! xx

you look amazing :) very well done!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm closing in on my target now and will post another picture when I'm done, but will always look back on this as a turning point in my journey, as I knew that I still wanted to be wearing that dress during the summer. It's hopefully a slightly less marginal fit now! I will admit that I have been thinking of moving my target down slightly (mainly because I didn't think when setting it and want my 3st shiny), but I don't want to take things too far, so I will see how things are in another 10 pounds' time, assuming I'm able to lose it.

Hi missmatilda, I'm 5ft3in :). What diet are you following? I must say that I have nothing but good things to say about Slimming World. A woman I went to primary school with was my inspiration, as she managed to lose 7st on the plan. I feel much, much healthier now, and don't have any regrets.

Last edited:
Hi missmatilda,

I'd say the most important thing is getting your 'speed' food in at every meal - this helps with portion control and helps you feel full for longer.

Secondly, if you are able to - get the magazine. I started using recipes from it before I built up my collection of recipe books, and it has handy tips on low-syn snacks, such as crisps, chocolate and lunches-to-go, for when you are in a hurry. Soon, you will find that you don't always need to follow a set recipe, as the 'tweaks' you need to make become second nature and you can begin applying them to your favourite meals. Reading others' inspirational stories also helps, and they are often full of lots of advice. I would highly recommend the 'Fakeaways' book if you like fast food, Chinese or curries.

Although pasta, rice and potatoes are 'free' food, I try and limit the amount of carbohydrates I eat in a day if possible - for example, by swapping my tuna jacket potato at lunchtime for a tuna salad. I rarely skip the carbs at breakfast and in the evening, so this just gives my weight loss a little boost.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids (in particular, water) and get lots of sleep. These two things will really help, as being well hydrated will speed up your metabolism and help reduce any water retention that could be manifesting as extra weight.

Healthy Extras and syns are there to be used - I try and syn on the lower side, and if I eat out, I fill up on free food during the day, so that I can enjoy myself, then try and go syn-free the day after to prevent too much damage.

Finally - make sure you are eating your three meals a day. I never used to eat breakfast when I was at my biggest. Now, a light breakfast gives my metabolism a 'wake up call' before having larger meals later in the day.

Good luck on reaching your target - I'm sure you can do it :)! X

Great work :) you look brilliant and it's lovely to hear that you feel so much better too

Yes you do look amazing! Thank-you for sharing and also LOVE your mug in your profile pic!!! I am sure my boyfriend would like to get me one of those, especially when he eats the last curlywurly and doesn't replace or tell me ... grrrr lol. But back to you yes WELL DONE!!!

Back