3 packs, 1 bar and protein

I am about to enter week 5 and to make the diet easier to stick with long term I have decided to have 3 chocolate shakes and 1 bar along with protein every day
protein = 100g chicken, lettuce and spring onion or
protein = 50g chicken, 1 boiled egg, 1 x babybel light or
protein = 50g chicken, 2 x babybel light

overall staying under 800calories per day

I did ask slim and save this question but not had any reply yet, and online help appears to be offline whenever I go on.

What are peoples opinions about wether this will affect my weight loss

Are you male or female?? That might help us answer :)

I would stick to the prescribed amounts, until near goal then raise calories and refeeed

Xxx

It probably wont affect your weight loss at all. A VLCD is under 800kcals, whether its 400, 600 or 800. If you feel you need an extra pack, have it. S&S actually recommend 5 packs depending on your weight so even if youre under that I cant imagine it being a problem. Other VLCDs have programmes which are over 800kcals and the weight loss is on a par.

Have your extra pack if it helps and dont worry about a few extra kcals :)

mylastdiet40 said:
oops sorry new to posting I am female. thank you for your reply:)

I have four or five depending on.activity

Good luck with your journey hun, ive got another 8-12 weeks on plan myself

X

I have four or five depending on.activity

Good luck with your journey hun, ive got another 8-12 weeks on plan myself

X

ahh thanks. I have been looking at peoples posts on here for a while and finally got round to registering. I will probably have about another 8-12 weeks as well, I am thinking that when I get to a weight that I feel comfortable in my clothes I may refeed and switch to slimming world, but not sure yet, just taking a day/shake at a time!! xx

It probably wont affect your weight loss at all. A VLCD is under 800kcals, whether its 400, 600 or 800. If you feel you need an extra pack, have it. S&S actually recommend 5 packs depending on your weight so even if youre under that I cant imagine it being a problem. Other VLCDs have programmes which are over 800kcals and the weight loss is on a par.

Have your extra pack if it helps and dont worry about a few extra kcals :)

Thank you so much I have looked at other vlcds and most said as long as you stayed under 800 calories and I would rather have an extra pack, if it means I stay on track :D

I had a couple of tough days last week (in hindsight it was because of TOTM) and I had an extra pack. I figured it was the least damage I could do! I would have loved to have an extra bar but I resisted that:p - it didn't seem to affect my loss but I try to stick to the prescribed amounts when I can because I have a long way to go and don't want it to take longer than it should!

It's better to go a few calories over and stay in ketosis than risk blowing it altogether! I had a real wobble earlier this week, and decided that if I was to stay on track, I needed a proper meal in the evening. I am now doing 3 packs and a a salad with protein meal. The recommended protein allowance is 100g, but I have been having over that with a full chicken breast. And last night I had a whole pack (120g) of marinated prawns - they were only 0.5g carbs for the whole pack, but not strictly allowed. But I'm still in ketosis, and I'm not worrying about a few extra cals if it keeps me on track!

It's better to go a few calories over and stay in ketosis than risk blowing it altogether! I had a real wobble earlier this week, and decided that if I was to stay on track, I needed a proper meal in the evening. I am now doing 3 packs and a a salad with protein meal. The recommended protein allowance is 100g, but I have been having over that with a full chicken breast. And last night I had a whole pack (120g) of marinated prawns - they were only 0.5g carbs for the whole pack, but not strictly allowed. But I'm still in ketosis, and I'm not worrying about a few extra cals if it keeps me on track!

I have definitely come to the conclusion that it is better to have extra of what we are allowed rather than like you say blowing it altogether :)

Back