3 stone 3 months, can it be done?!

A good weekend here. Not much to report but sticking to 800 plan and exercising daily.
Starting to really see some nsvs too. In a pair of trousers today that I haven't been for quite a while! Still a.little tight on the waist but comfortable enough for me to sit and work in. The tightness reminds me to keep going!
Have started using psyllium husks and they seem to be making things more comfortable.

The brighter spring weather definitely helps too. My husband has spent a lot of time this weekend tidying up our rather small garden and we have new garden furniture too which looks nice (or will until the dog inevitably destroys it!). Totm is being a ***** this month, and including leg and backache in with the inevitable cramps, but I know I'll feel better in a couple of days.

Also went for a coffee with a friend I haven't seen in a couple of months yesterday and she asked if I'd been exercising, and that you can tell, which I think was her tactful way fo saying if I looked like I'd lost a little bit of weight. That was really nice to have someone notice.

Update on yesterday, someone complimented the trousers and said they were 'very slimming', which I took to mean that I looked slimmer than usual and as they haven't seen me for about 3 weeks I'm going to take that as a win for me rather than the trousers 😁
This plan would be so much easier if Exante had more stock of things! I might try out a different provider but I've always enjoyed Exantes stuff so I'm hoping they are able to restock soon. I've had to source some stuff from eBay!

Feeling well at the moment. Sleeping well and it's getting easier to get up and exercise first thing. I love love love the long evenings - life just seems easier when there's more daytime.
Anyone else watch weird things when on a diet to help motivate? I'm watching "My 600lb life" episodes on YouTube obsessively. I also like watching YouTube.vlogs of Exante,LL and Cambridge etc but there aren't that many and I've watched all the old ones.

Ho hum. My first appointment has cancelled through illness so I can choose between housework and lazing around doing little. I wonder which one will win?!?

yay go you! Love a nsv, I’m also on exante but doing 600 but might up it to 800, did 600 few years ago dunno why they changed it to 800 and the stock is so bad there’s nothing when I last checked.

yay go you! Love a nsv, I’m also on exante but doing 600 but might up it to 800, did 600 few years ago dunno why they changed it to 800 and the stock is so bad there’s nothing when I last checked.
I think I'd really struggle with 600, even though all the successful vlcds were always 600 (and I think at one point Cambridge diet was 500?!).

Placed an order today and there was so little! It's better value ordering a box, but I didn't want to order another one and get stuck with a billion toffee caramel shakes again so at least I've ordered shakes I like the taste of (only 3 flavours of what they had available!). Ordered some jam bars but no other kind available apart from lemon which I don't like much and only one flavour of soup! No desserts at all. It seems so strange. Wonder if they're going out of business.....

I think I'd really struggle with 600, even though all the successful vlcds were always 600 (and I think at one point Cambridge diet was 500?!).

Placed an order today and there was so little! It's better value ordering a box, but I didn't want to order another one and get stuck with a billion toffee caramel shakes again so at least I've ordered shakes I like the taste of (only 3 flavours of what they had available!). Ordered some jam bars but no other kind available apart from lemon which I don't like much and only one flavour of soup! No desserts at all. It seems so strange. Wonder if they're going out of business.....
I’m ok with 600 but sometimes do feel hungry then add another pack, oh hope they don’t go out of business wouldn’t know where else to get my packs as Cambridge seems a bit expensive for me.

Still keeping on. The drier and sunnier weather is definitely helping!

Things I've done different this time include making a photo collage for my phone home/lock screen. I've put some motivational photos together. The main one is a picture of me 5 years ago when I got to goal weight and went for a posh night away. I felt fantastic that weekend and you can really see in the pics. Other pics include the photo of the gorgeous suite I've booked for my next birthday (December!). We stayed at the hotel as a family last December, and whilst I had a lovely time I was unhappy with how I looked and didn't want to be in many photos. I was also unhappy with work at the time so I know the lovely experience was overshadowed somewhat and I'd like to try again with me feeling my very best.
Also I've put in some pics of some clothes I'd like to feel slim and confident wearing and a pic of an athlete working out with a kettle bell and someone being athletic on a cruise ship, which is a holiday we'd like to take soon. And the final pic is of the hairstyle/colour I'm going to ask for at my next appointment in July.

I'm actually finding the pictures quite helpful as they give me a boost every time I check my phone (and I check it a lot!). I certainly find them more motivational than looking at "fat" pictures of myself, it's positive reinforcement rather than negative.

I'm hoping for a delivery today. I've ordered some stuff from Exante and some from eBay. Not what I'd really like more of, which is certain flavours of shakes and bars and meals, but at least some things I like better than what I have left in the cupboard which are basically shakes in variations of chocolate and caramel. Nice enough, but I need some variety to keep this going!

Going to weigh in on Saturday morning. Psyllium husks definitely helping with stomach comfort and I'm hopeful of a couple of pounds down.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. I wish this website was as active as it used to be, I love coming on and reading diaries,. particularly of the people who have been on it for years, it's so interesting to see the ups and downs.

Hope you’re doing well, yes it is quite on here… you’ve done really well so far and you’ll be there in no time 🤞. I’ve got a long way to go slow and steady.

So my.parcel from eBay has just arrived, and been distinctly underwhelming. A couple of bars. 2 meal pots. Lots of sachets of porridge (which I have yet to make successfully and therefore have given up on) some of the juices (which I think are disgusting) and then just some shakes, no nice flavours. I'm just about to have the Bolognese meal pot as my second produ t of the day.

Can't wait til 12 weeks is up (my arbitrary time limit) and I switch to low carb and intermittent fasting.

Have had quite a successful day today apart from slamming my foot in my front door. I now have an interesting bruise spreading across the whole of the foot and some swelling. What a doughnut!!

Sad step reports a 3lb loss today, which I'm quite pleased with. I'm 3lb over my goal weight for this date, which doesn't really bother me as they were weights chosen randomly. It's nice to be in the 12s again :)
5 weeks in and I'm just over halfway there so well on track :)

Yay for you! Hope your foots ok and not in pain. You’ll get to your goal in no time.
I weighed myself today official day is Tuesdays but haven’t seem to shift any weight this week, oh well here’s hoping something happens on Tuesday.

Also just noticed I've lost over 10% now which they recommend for health. I never understood that figure until recently, I thought they just meant it's easier to move around when you're a bit lighter, but I recently learned that your body will drop fat from organs first and that's the bit which makes you healthy or unhealthy. I thought I was quite knowledgeable about health, having been on diets since the age of about 14 but I never made that connection in my mind before 🤔

Yay for you! Hope your foots ok and not in pain. You’ll get to your goal in no time.
I weighed myself today official day is Tuesdays but haven’t seem to shift any weight this week, oh well here’s hoping something happens on Tuesday.
Thanks Comet. I wasn't going to weigh myself as I haven't been to the loo for a few days and I thought it wouldn't be a "true" weight. Then I had a word with myself. I'm going out tonight and it's likely I'll have a salad or something and maybe a glass of wine and I won't want to weigh tomorrow!

Just done a step workout (foot a bit swollen but not painful to walk on) and now luxuriating in a bubble bath before work at 10. Think I'll do a hair mask as well.👱‍♀️

Had a great night out with friend at the theatre. Had 2 products today then had Caesar salad (no croutons) and a small glass of white wine. Didn't have any cravings even though massive pizzas were being served all round. Got a headache now though, prob a bit dehydrated as there was quite a lot of walking around in the sun.

Still trucking on. Lots of.walking (over 20,000 steps today!) And I pushed myself to do 40 mins step aerobics instead of thirty.
I've also bought and ordered lots more exante products. Really want to keep this going for the whole 12 weeks, but it's difficult when I don't like a lot of the products I've got in the cupboard.

Cleared out and organised all my drawers and wardrobe today which always feels good. Lots to charity shop. Part of me knows I should try to sell stuff, particularly as I waste so much money on clothes, but hen they sit around unsold in bags for ages and at least this way some good will come out of it.
Watched my daughter in her school primary production today so feeling v v proud - she was great ❤️

Feeling like I'm in a bit of a groove now, in a good way. No cravings, just having the packs and eggs. In ketosis fine.
This weather makes exercising so much easier, in the winter I'm like "you take the dog out" to my husband in the evening (and in the morning too if I can get away with it) but these evenings we've been having some lovely walks. Tonight we walked down by the canal and it was so beautiful and peaceful.

This morning I did a 45 minute step workout with no problems so I really do need to be upping the intensity or duration of my exercise.

Still got an interim goal of being as slim as I can before going away in 4 weeks for the weekend, hope I don't cave before then!

Day 41 today, with only one day fully off plan in that time. I'm feeling good. Another 3lb loss this week.
I've got this earworm in my head. When I started this plan I watched loads of inspirational tiktok/Facebook shorts videos. They were time lapses of people getting thinner and fitter with that quite annoying motivational speech played over it, the one that goes "keep showing up!" Anyone know it?

Anyway, it's in my head now, and when I'm contemplating taking an extra hour in bed or not going for my walk it starts and I get "keep showing up, when no one believes in you believe in yourself!" Going round and round until I get up and put my trainers on. A bit annoying, but does remind me that I'm doing this for me not for anyone else, and also that if I'm frustrated by not seeing quick enough results, I'll see even less results if I stop.

Another beautiful day here

Day 50 and another pound down this week. Which would be disappointing but I've had two days where I ate really quite a lot (there may have been a bit of a binge involving pizza, fudge cake and wine on one night!!). This was not a binge borne out of sadness or deprivation, I just had a couple of spritzers in the sunshine last Saturday and thought " I bloody want a pizza now!". I had it, I enjoyed it,.and I got back to it the next day without wasting time and energy feeling guilty.

Monday was similar involving BBQ food and some pick and mix.

Since Tuesday I have stuck to plan and also incorporated 20:4 eating as when I finish Exante I want to move to OMAD or similar IF regime.

I have been exercising consistently and am really noticing the changes in my body. Yesterday we went on a lovely picnic and I let me husband post the pics to FB without going through them all and going "no I hate that one, look at my chins!" Etc.

Feeling positive. Monitor my weight app says I've lost 1 stone 12.3lb since I started so I think I might be on track for the 2 stone in 8 weeks by next weekend. Definitely a reason to stay on track :)

Back