3 stone to go!

Hi BlondieSam - welcome back.

On the plus side you're already practically in the 10s - less than half a pound and you'll be there.

Since I've only just met you I feel a bit cheeky asking this so tell me to s0d off and I wont be offended. But why do you think you regained the weight ? I have lost 2.5stone since last Autumn and obviously am in that place where I find it terrifying that I could regain it. I just can't imagine it happening. But obviously it does to lots of people so I'm trying to understand what might trigger it so I can make sure I don't do it!

Have you ever been 8stone before ? That sounds very light even though you are a teeny 5ft 2 :)

I think the lightest I've ever been was 8st 13 but didn't exercise - now I exercise and do a lot of toning exercise. I often wonder what I'll look like at that weight!!!!

Last edited:
Hi BlondieSam - welcome back. On the plus side you're already practically in the 10s - less than half a pound and you'll be there. Since I've only just met you I feel a bit cheeky asking this so tell me to s0d off and I wont be offended. But why do you think you regained the weight ? I have lost 2.5stone since last Autumn and obviously am in that place where I find it terrifying that I could regain it. I just can't imagine it happening. But obviously it does to lots of people so I'm trying to understand what might trigger it so I can make sure I don't do it! Have you ever been 8stone before ? That sounds very light even though you are a teeny 5ft 2 :) I think the lightest I've ever been was 8st 13 but didn't exercise - now I exercise and do a lot of toning exercise. I often wonder what I'll look like at that weight!!!!

Hey :)

Congratulations on your weight loss - that's amazing!

I have been 8 stone but I think realistically I'll be most comfortable at around 9 stone these days - I was only 18 when I was 8 stone and I'm nearly 26 now.

I put the weight coming back on down to not making enough time for myself in all areas! I've been so busy with work, accounting exams and buying a house.

I cook from scratch practically every day but have given zero thought to healthy ingredients, amount of oil used and portion sizes. I'm also guilty of one too many meals out/takeaways and a glass of wine or 5!

That coupled with the fact I despise exercise hasn't helped.

It does make me sad to think I used to be so motivated and thought I would never see the 11s again. My body seems to want to come back to this weight, I never really go above it. I don't know why as it's not healthy for me. It needs to be retrained to be happy at 9 stone!

I think there's really something in portion control. I have friends who have been slender all their lives and seem to eat normally. They just eat a smaller portion! Fish and chip portion calories can range from 700 to 2000 depending on the size! That is a huge difference.

You're back now that's all that matters and 26 is a baby! If you follow your plan- you'll spend a good chunk of your 20s feeling and looking great.

totally agree with simplygetfit - before pics are hideous to look at but I'm so glad I found a couple as it makes you feel so good when you can see how far you have come :)

Food today

Breakfast: Cereal bar (1/2 hex B) and satsuma
Lunch: Hummus, ryvita (1/2 hex B), grapes and carrot sticks, pepsi max
Dinner: Honey and soy salmon, noodles and green beans with garlic, ginger, chillies and spring onions (3 syns for honey)
Snacks: Tea with milk (hex a), cordial, 1.5 nectarines, cereal bar (5 syns)

8 syns

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Going to take some before photos tonight :)

Here's my before from a year ago

image-2883161213.jpg

And here is a pic from the weekend

image-1111503588.jpg

Not quite where I want to be but a million times happier ;-)

Couldn't believe it when I found that picture from a year ago. At the time I never realised I was that big :-(

Wow, what a difference! You look fab!

I know exactly what you mean - I always kid myself that I'm not that big, but when I see photos I'm always shocked! x

I'm so jealous of how thin you are! Do you do a lot of exercise? x

Yes!! Used to hate it!! Now it's just part of my life. I do around 2.5 hours of full on CV exercise a week (like running) and around an hour of toning activities like core and abs classes. I also love gymnastics so am always doing bridges and handstands etc which has done wonders for my arms. I would actually say my arms are quite toned and thin! Shame my butt isn't!!

I'm not that thin - the pic is flattering I think!!

But aside from the toning side of it I like being fit now. I want a strong heart and I want to have a normal life and be able to eat fish and chips and cake now and again and still be thin. Exercise really helps with that.

Once you get into it, and if you really want it, it will become second nature - I promise :)

Yes!! Used to hate it!! Now it's just part of my life. I do around 2.5 hours of full on CV exercise a week (like running) and around an hour of toning activities like core and abs classes. I also love gymnastics so am always doing bridges and handstands etc which has done wonders for my arms. I would actually say my arms are quite toned and thin! Shame my butt isn't!! I'm not that thin - the pic is flattering I think!! But aside from the toning side of it I like being fit now. I want a strong heart and I want to have a normal life and be able to eat fish and chips and cake now and again and still be thin. Exercise really helps with that. Once you get into it, and if you really want it, it will become second nature - I promise :)

I'm hoping so! I just need to find something I enjoy doing.

Thank you. I know I do need to up the protein, on slimming world I'd have to syn protein powder and I'm on a tight budget at the moment having just bought a house.

I've been having chickpeas which are high protein but need to find something better for breakfast. I'm not a huge fan of eggs.

Anyway... The last 2 days have been pretty bad. Had a couple of bad days off work and just got off plan. This has what has been happening for the past year so I figured I should stay accountable, draw a line and move on.

Thursday
Banana and cereal bar
Burger, chips and salad (no bread - ate out at a burger place, should have skipped the chips though)
Pork, apple mash, carrots and green beans
3/4 bottle of white wine
Bag of pop chips (100 cal)

Friday
Cereal bar
Slice of chocolate cake
Chicken and prosciutto salad with Tuscan potatoes (ate out again at Zizzi)
Sour skittles
4 bottles of cider
Chicken and prawn pad thai, 2.5 steamed dumplings
Half a bag of minstrels, milk chews

Awful 2 days. It's no wonder I've put on weigh with days like this every other week....!

I just put Friday's food and drink through my fitness pal... 3,550 calories. Wow. I really need to stop doing this!

It's only one day and a max of half a pound weight gain. I used to do that but now my bad days come in closer to 2200-2500. And when I've done 500 cals of exercise that day it definitely limits the damage! Look at my mfp for yesterday!!!

image-4049449403.jpg

I definitely need to step up on the exercise front.

I live in Edinburgh and it's the fringe festival at the moment so another boozy day today... going to try and keep the damage to a minimum!

I definitely need to step up on the exercise front. I live in Edinburgh and it's the fringe festival at the moment so another boozy day today... going to try and keep the damage to a minimum!

That sounds fun!!! It's the booze that always gets me because I eat crap after! This morning I was pretty good though - had a tin of peaches and a banana - but pretty hungry now and done no exercise so far. Not sure I can face it!!

Today

Breakfast: Banana, 2 oranges
Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna mayonnaise
Dinner: Parma ham, melon, picked onions and cottage cheese
Snacks: Cereal bar, pomegranate, tea with milk

Today Breakfast: Banana, 2 oranges Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna mayonnaise Dinner: Parma ham, melon, picked onions and cottage cheese Snacks: Cereal bar, pomegranate, tea with milk

Well done - sounds like a good day ;-)

Back