30 day Shred

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I am starting this, this evening.

does anyone want to join me in keeping up exercise for 30 days.

This is so wierd, I was about to start a thread!
I got the video and my weights yesterday and Im about to do it just now need to take my measurements throughout because I suspect this will make me tone up rather than drop weight.

Heard its really hard though!

I have done 4 days and the aching has stopped and my stamina is much better. I am really enjoying it now but i am trying to do it everyday.

Good luck with work out 1, leave a comment later letting us now how it goes.

joanne

Oh gosh, just completed day 1.
My upper body strength is terrible - I really struggled with those push ups..HORRIBLE! Even the modified ones

I actually enjoyed the little cardio bursts, I like the way she mixes it up and 20 minutes really didn't seem long.
I feel okay just now but I suspect my muscles will hurt in the morning!

I'd love to join please!

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to toning and my upper body strength is rubbish and I need to banish those bingo wings once and for all!

I think you're supposed to do level 1 for a week, level 2 for the 2nd week and level 3 for the 3rd week

I'd love to join please!

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to toning and my upper body strength is rubbish and I need to banish those bingo wings once and for all!

I think you're supposed to do level 1 for a week, level 2 for the 2nd week and level 3 for the 3rd week

what only a week. oh my good gosh. my arms are so sore.

I was able to do EA sports active, do you think I'd manage this? (I'm 60)

I was aching today but I got through it and did my day 2 of the shred, god knows how I'm going to feel tomorrow.
I'm going to try to do 10 days of each level, since I'm planning to do it Monday-Friday. I guess Ill spend 2 weeks on each level, don't think I could fit it in on the weekend as well.

Still struggled with even the modified push ups today!

I was aching today but I got through it and did my day 2 of the shred, god knows how I'm going to feel tomorrow.
I'm going to try to do 10 days of each level, since I'm planning to do it Monday-Friday. I guess Ill spend 2 weeks on each level, don't think I could fit it in on the weekend as well.

Still struggled with even the modified push ups today!

i am much the same. i found the jumping jacks etc easier but oh my god the push ups and dont get me started on the push ups in level 2!!! :eek:

I haven't even looked at level 2, I'm just doing level 1 for 10 days so I don't scare myself!
I can do the modified push-ups but I don't know if I'm doing them right or not (guess that's a drawback of excercise dvds) but that's probably the only part of the routine I am struggling with.

I am even sorer today but going to try and work through it again..I'll feel better if I do it.
I've read lots of sites saying that they look forward to the shred each day but I certainly don't!

Going to do my day 3 shred within the next hour... get it over with haha

Count me in :)
Gym 3 times a week and at home DVD every morning :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I completed day 3 yesterday and found it the hardest of all three days. i too do the modified push up. i can only do 1 full push up at the moment. What i am trying to do is practice doing a full push up away from the dvd.
I think that i am going to do ten days of each level before i move up.

What size weights are you using?

What size weights are you using?

I use 3lb weights, I've never done any sort of strength training so I'm very weak!

Also I had breast surgery last year so I think this is affecting my ability to do the press ups because my chest muscles were affected.

But I found day 3 hard but today I'm less sore so maybe you do have to just work through the pain!

I did day 4 of level one last night, think that's the least effort I have put into it so far so maybe I left it too late at night, I'm going to try day 5 within the next hour before work and see if doing it earlier in the day gives me more energy.
I'm still finding it hardgoing though, love Jillian and the cardio parts. HATE the strength! But I'm sure it is going to make a big difference to my arms especially.

Never thought I would say this but I'm always actually glad when we're on the abs sections as it's an excuse just to lie down!

I did day 4 of level one last night, think that's the least effort I have put into it so far so maybe I left it too late at night, I'm going to try day 5 within the next hour before work and see if doing it earlier in the day gives me more energy.
I'm still finding it hardgoing though, love Jillian and the cardio parts. HATE the strength! But I'm sure it is going to make a big difference to my arms especially.

Never thought I would say this but I'm always actually glad when we're on the abs sections as it's an excuse just to lie down!

Oh me too, apart from the last lot of abs exercise.

Are you going to do it solidly for 30 days? I was going to give it a miss on saturdays and sundays but after doing day 5 and not feeling too bad I kinda want to keep doing it day after day.

I also cheated and went on the scales today, I've lost 4lbs since Monday when I started the dvd -some of this is probably water weight and I have been eating very healthily but this is a step in the right direction!

Back