30 day Shred

I'm really going to struggle to fit Shred in this week, I've got 3 late nights at work plus on call, I'm going to have to do it as soon as I step through the door because if I dont that'll be it, not done, and a week is too ling too leave it especially after last nights poor effort.

I'm really going to struggle to fit Shred in this week, I've got 3 late nights at work plus on call, I'm going to have to do it as soon as I step through the door because if I dont that'll be it, not done, and a week is too ling too leave it especially after last nights poor effort.

You can do it we'll be here to support you. Once the 20 minutes are up you have the rest of the evening free. For the last 2 weeks I had to get up early to do a placement, and I slept in my workout clothes and got up 40 mins early so I could fit the shred in!

Louisa, well done for doing it anyway!

I just did day 8 level 2. I still have to keep stopping during the planks. I also find the v raises and the kicks quite difficult on the last sets. It's a bit disheartening. I'll keep at it though, I can't wait to get to level 3. 2 more days of hell! Not liking Jillian much at the moment, or Natalie, she's a fraud and I hate her constant, demented smile :mad:

Not liking Jillian much at the moment, or Natalie, she's a fraud and I hate her constant, demented smile :mad:

I know they look insanely happy whilst doing it :p im usually bright red and gasping for breath

:eek: day one, level one completed. got up at 7am this morning to give me time to do the workout and have a shower before 8.30. I was pleasantly surprised with the 20min workout, i have been doing a 50 min dvd and i have to say i didn't sweat half as much with Jillian. I know I had to use two tins of beans instead of weights so maybe i will sweat more with hand weights. I'm a bit afraid now that I might not get the results with the shred???:sigh:

Hi Marylou

I found that this workout didn't make me sweat as much as 20 mins on the cross trainer! However, it's the muscle confusion in her workout (attained by constantly changing exercises) that's supposed to change your body. Apparently. We'll see!

lizbag, i watched the rest of the dvd then this morning after i completed level one and i think it looks really, really good. and tbh i struggled with some of the things, expecially the cardio sections, my legs were like jelly lol. i hope it's successful and 20mins a day is sooooo doable that you can't really not do it, no excuses ha ha.

I really struggled with the jumping jacks - not least because my 4 year old decided to do it with me, so was a touch in the way! Also need a new sports bra now i'm losing :( So expensive! But yay for needing a new one! :)

Well, I have done 2 days now. Yesterday was laughable, couldn't keep up at all but kept trying. Today a little better but can't do the jumping jacks at all, no co-ordination, can't get arms and legs together. It really shows how unfit we are (hubby did it with me and was almost as bad as me). Think it will be a long long time before I progress from level 1. Determined to keep trying and hopefully it will get better. Off for a shower now as dripping LOL!

I love this workout but can't do it any more as I've torn the cartilage in my knee.

Absolutely gutted because I can feel the inches coming off already but the starjumps etc put too much pressure on :cry:

I love this workout but can't do it any more as I've torn the cartilage in my knee.

Absolutely gutted because I can feel the inches coming off already but the starjumps etc put too much pressure on :cry:

aw fairygirl sorry to hear that. how long were you doing it? will i see results quickly do you think. i can't do the abs part of it as i have back problems and i just can't stand the strain on my spine. i just try and do what i can during that part of it..:sigh:

Marylou, have you tried pilates? It's fantastic for back trouble. V. low impact too, and it's so relaxing (well the breathing is!) that I often find myself yawning! I've been back on the pilates wagon for 5 weeks and I can see little six pack muscles underneath the fat! haha.

never tried pilates, no, might invest in one of those dvds and maybe do it in the evenings!!! thanks for the advice

Level 2 day 7 done :D. Was floating today, like a butterfly and because I had so much energy I squeezed in 25 min of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Weigh in tomorrow, good luck to me.

Keep it up! Try ur best to fit it in but if u can't do it everyday don't panic :) u are all superstars! Xx

level 1 day 2 completed this morning. got my hand weight. 1kg weights and they def made a good difference. they are only light but hope to move up eventually. well,,,,the jumpin jacks and jump rope kill me!!!!! thought i was going to cry..but i feel fab now having done it and it's only 20 mins so its fantastic. legs are sore today after doing it, them lunges are hard work phew....:)

Back