30 day Shred

I'm upset :cry: I'm going to have to give Shred a rest for a while, my knees are killing me, I've ignored it for the last couple of days but after last nights Shred I'm struggling to do my job this morning :( Im on my feet all day so it's not good. I'm going to rest up for a while, no zumba either and see if they recover then start back with Shred!

The thought of having to start back at the beginning with Level 1 is not one I love, I'm bored of level 1 & 2!!!

As for my thoughts on level 2 : I weirdly have the feeling it's not as hard as level 1, am I mistaken ? or maybe the fact I was learning the moves made it pass quicker...anyway I have doubts about the abs, as I'm after my third pregnancy and I want to protect my perineum. I know abs where you are trying to get shoulder "closer" to the hip are sooooo bad for you. On the level 1 she always insisted on having your eyes on the ceiling (you can see the difference between good abs and bad abs, the first one are making you stomach go out, the other ones are making your stomach suck in) which kept your from doing the bad abs...but here the abs are just not ergonomical at all. you can't adapt them to do good abs...So I guess I won't do them or find another way to do it. I have a great book on abdology which I intented to use anyway.

level1day3 done

still don't think i'll ever be able to do a proper press up, can't support my weight at all so need to do the knee one. struggled this morning again with the cardio, but i got through it. just hoping that this give me results i want :sigh:

i haven't seen any before and after stats on here has anyone got half way through, level one completed, or the whole dvd completed and seen a big change in their bodies????

Can someone tell me what weight dumbells ur suppossd to use? I had some but cnt find them so need to buy them but unsure to what weight x thnx

xkimmyx
14lbs gone - 71lbs to go :D
xSoon2bLilMrsSlimx

Iv just redone my measurements as Im coming out of level 1 (I took rather a lot! :p) I also took a before picture but its in my underwear so was just for myself so I could see the difference.
Anyway so far Ive lost...
Arms -1 inch
Thighs -1 inch (thought id lost more because they feel slightly less wobbly :p)
Waist -3inch :O
High Hip -1 inch
Low Hip -1 inch
Considering its been 9/10 days im happy with that!

Im also useless at the push ups but ive improved loads from day 1! I use 5lb weights but they kill my arms :/

Surfhunny said:
I'm upset :cry: I'm going to have to give Shred a rest for a while, my knees are killing me, I've ignored it for the last couple of days but after last nights Shred I'm struggling to do my job this morning :( Im on my feet all day so it's not good. I'm going to rest up for a while, no zumba either and see if they recover then start back with Shred!

The thought of having to start back at the beginning with Level 1 is not one I love, I'm bored of level 1 & 2!!!

My knees have hurt the whole way through all levels of the shred, to varying degrees, and still do a bit.
They hurt when I go to stand up, or to sit down... The actual movement part of the knee. They don't hurt when I am sat or stood.
They do seem to be getting a little better this week.
I am not stood all day though, so maybe they are getting a break whilst I am sat at work.
I am going to the docs on Friday to see what he says about it :)
Maybe you should too surfhunny ? :)

louisa_jane said:
Iv just redone my measurements as Im coming out of level 1 (I took rather a lot! :p) I also took a before picture but its in my underwear so was just for myself so I could see the difference.
Anyway so far Ive lost...
Arms -1 inch
Thighs -1 inch (thought id lost more because they feel slightly less wobbly :p)
Waist -3inch :O
High Hip -1 inch
Low Hip -1 inch
Considering its been 9/10 days im happy with that!

Im also useless at the push ups but ive improved loads from day 1! I use 5lb weights but they kill my arms :/

Thats fantastic results well done! I think al get lighter weights in that case! X

xkimmyx
14lbs gone - 71lbs to go :D
xSoon2bLilMrsSlimx

Just did level 2....... Last time I did it was about 15 days ago. As I've finished shred and am now doing 3 days a week, 1 of each level. OMG it was soooooo hard, I looked like a tomato at the end of it..... Just shows that because it's been done once thru, doesn't always make it any easier. In fairness I think I worked harder than maybe first time, but even so I definitely felt it.
Keep up the good work shredders :)

Just did level 2....... Last time I did it was about 15 days ago. As I've finished shred and am now doing 3 days a week, 1 of each level. OMG it was soooooo hard, I looked like a tomato at the end of it..... Just shows that because it's been done once thru, doesn't always make it any easier. In fairness I think I worked harder than maybe first time, but even so I definitely felt it.
Keep up the good work shredders :)

Tomorrow is Day 30 for me. I did 8 of Level One, 8 of Level 2 and then 10 of Level 3. then I went back and did a day of Level 1 and 2 and you know what, I still found certain moves LETHAL (lunges in Level 1 and push ups; V-raises on Level 2)....I reckon each level gets easier after a few days but none of it is, as Jillian says "a cake walk!"

Well I totally lost the plot today... didn't get to do day four and after not doing well yesterday either have decided to start again at the beginning.... Have decided to give myself a couple of days to get my shoulder ok and start again Sunday.. Hopefully will do better on the restart.:sigh:

I started the 30 DS on Monday this week. Been doing it after work and on Tuesday morning I was in agony but still managed to do it on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning was worse!

I struggled to get off of my seat at work without wincing haha!

Did it last night and I didn't find it as difficult, which I'm sure is normal but it's made me question whether I was doing it right or not!

Day 4 I did this morning 'cause I'm off work and I'm actually - shock horror - quite enjoying it. I hate exercise, I mean HATE it, but 20 mins seems to go really quick so I do hope I get results.

Went to weight watchers this morning and have lost 1lb since I was last there 3 weeks ago - but I suspect I may have put on some in the first week or so I didn't go so I'm glad to be back to losing ways!

day four level one completed..

managed to do one 'real' push up!!! WOW:D

notice a difference in my clothes already after four days...so i am well pleased.

wht i have noticed is that my bum and thighs are sore but my stomach isn't. when i used to do my other exercise dvd i could feel the muscles in my stomach sore so i am thinking maybe i'm not doing them right.

Day 10 Level 2 completed yesterday woo!

Day 1 Level 3 completed today woo! It is definitely harder than Level 2 but as everyone says, it's more fun. Whether I enjoy it or not remains to be seen because I spent most of the time trying to learn the moves rather than actually performing them well lol oops. I had to pause a lot. There are less planks on Level 3 which is great, although the planks on Level 3 are harder, especially the travelling planks. They're not as bad as I thought they'd be but I definitely couldn't do those today, had to stick with Anita. But hopefully I will improve as time goes on. At the moment my favourite move is 'The Superman' just because I really do feel like Superman when I'm doing it lol!

Hope everyone has a good shred day today!

Back