30 day Shred

clare i wasn't going to do it today either but i got myself out of bed and forced myself. day two level two completed and i really, really hate it.

the cardio is awful. i have no co ordination i can't do those oblique twists and the skaters i am so stupid looking trying to do them.

every part of level two is a struggle for me. but it feels good when you have it done. had an eventful weekend of chicken salad baps from the chippy with chips on the side and too much alcohol...:D

You're now a day ahead of me after my 2 days off but I WILL keep going. My back/shoulders are quite sore today after the weights yesterday.

I still follow Anita on almost every part, but at least I'm doing it!

SHRED TWO ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Day 1 Level 1 - This time with 6lb weights (mainly)

SHRED TWO: THIS TIME I HAVE 6lb WEIGHTS - DAY ONE

Hullo - I am a VLCDer on the Cambridge Forum - I lost 16lbs and 9 inches off my main bits a month or so ago on my first time through the Shred. I am now running 4-5k 3 times a week and swimming 2 miles a week and as I am slowly stepping off the Cambridge Weight Plan (I am at the phase called 810 where you have all your packs but some additional food and milk) as I do so much exercise I am eating more like 1000 cals a day but only doing that by adding more salad and simple protein.

Life slowly returns to normal and with more food going in, I did the Shred again today. I did one entire set of full press-ups without thinking about it and used double weights apart from the anterior raises because they're horrible no matter what weight you use, but unlike last time, I lifted my lighter weights to my eyes rather than my shoulders. I did everything, bouncier and faster and on Natalie level and I used light weights on the cardio...In 2 months I have become so much fitter than when I started the Shred in - was it early June? I didn't even balk at the bicycles - I couldn't even do ONE back in June!

I failed to keep 6 week Six Pack in my life because the workout is a bit long and a bit dull for regular use (I was rehearsing 3 plays last month, I had no way of fitting it in with my running, swimming and rehearsing without getting up at 5.30am every day) also I felt a bit like I shoudl really burn the fat off first before Is tart sculpting underneath - but I have to say that just those 5 days a few weeks back have made all the difference to my core strength - the abs on Shred are now easy to complete with good form.

Hi ladies well done to all of you! Well I started the 30 day shred in July but failed miserably! So today I thought I'd start a fresh! Day 1 level 1 completed! I'm hoping I can do all you committed shredders proud!! Xxx

Hope ur all well :) keep shredding x

naz said:
Hi ladies well done to all of you! Well I started the 30 day shred in July but failed miserably! So today I thought I'd start a fresh! Day 1 level 1 completed! I'm hoping I can do all you committed shredders proud!! Xxx

Well done Naz for starting again.
You didn't "fail" the first time just took a longer break than expected.........Keep it up, it's well worth it :)

Claree__x said:
You're now a day ahead of me after my 2 days off but I WILL keep going. My back/shoulders are quite sore today after the weights yesterday.

I still follow Anita on almost every part, but at least I'm doing it!

Claree, I did 30 days and was still doing a few moves Anita style by the end. I could never do full push ups and there is some jump training on level 3 that I couldn't get to grips with.
Even on Anita's level it's a tough workout so you are doing a fab job, keep it up :)

I started 30 Day Shred again last night after quite a long time of doing very little exercise. I find the cardio doesn't make me break a sweat but I am horrible at the strength training. I will never in my life be able to do a push up :mad:. It was slightly easier than it was when I was 2 stone heavier though :D:D:D.

Well done to everyone who managed to do 30 days :eek:.

I started 30 Day Shred again last night after quite a long time of doing very little exercise. I find the cardio doesn't make me break a sweat but I am horrible at the strength training. I will never in my life be able to do a push up :mad:. It was slightly easier than it was when I was 2 stone heavier though :D:D:D.

well done on starting.. I was exactly the same as you when i started.. I still cant do a 'full' push up very well but i have gotten loads better. You will see a massive improvement in strength as you go on.

DAY TWO Level One. Dropped the weights for last set of cardio - one and a half sets of full press ups before switching!! Did lighter weights on first strength set to allow recovery from last night. All good!

day 3 level 2

sweaty eyelids anyone???????????????/:confused:

lol

had to follow anita on most moves..the leg ups or whatever they are, the jumping plank things.

upper body strength awful. legs are fine but boy those static lunges are cat hey!!!!

afraid now that this is my last day. heading away on thursday so it will be back to level one again around the 20th aug, as i suspect level two will be just too much for me again. raging now that i won't be able to finish it all first time round but by mid sept i should be shredded :D

happy shredding everyone..hope to hear good results when i come back xoxoxoxoxo

happypear said:

I couldn't do more than one 2 months ago, hell at the end of my first 30 days I was still barely making it through a whole set...have had a few weeks off just swimming and running and can do a good 20-30 now!

Hi everyone, I haven't been able to shred now for almost 10 days since getting the stomach flu, all energy was sucked out of me. I am back now and hopefully should be able to continue level 2 tomorrow or thursday. I am gonna have to really take it easy though. Nice to see everyone has been keeping at it. xx

Hi guys level 1- day 2 complete! I don't know f this is normal after missing a lot of days on my last shred but since I started fresh again it hasn't been as painful as the first time I started! Hope I make sense lol I've just finished my workout so might sound a little tipsy lol xxx

Hope ur all doing well! I am gonna restart at the beginning :) xx

hope you had a great weekend Carly!!! x

i'm depressed today, as a result of no shopping pre holidays..i've been eating baaaadddd foods.

weighed this morn and i've 6pounds on snce friday :sigh:

heading away tomorrow so i'm pissed off big time but it's my own fault so i'll have to deal with it. planning on a good two days now and i haven't done the shred this morn cause i was fed up when read the scales.

this is the first time i've weighed mid week, frid is my weigh day, and this is the reason, my weight fluctuates so much during the week that it puts me off my diet and exercise.

anyhow. i will see what weight i have on in two weeks and what shape i am in and start the shred again either from level one or two.

speak to you all in two weeks x:D

Hi all, I've just come off of the Cambridge Diet. I lost 21lbs but now I want to lose more weight by eating healthy and exercising.
I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday and I'm now 2 days in. I just realised that I can fit the shred in perfectly before I go on holiday at the beginning of September. I didn't plan that - it's obviously just meant to be!
I've been shouting at myself whilst I'm doing it and telling myself why I want it - it's really helping!

Anyway - one question - what sized weights do you use? I started off by using 1kg yesterday but that was way too heavy. I used the 0.5kg weights today and it was still hard but something I could still manage (just about).

So... Wish me luck and good luck on everyone's shred!

First day take 2 of shred today :) x

Back