30 day shred!

Hi all I've been doing the 30 day shred and could do with some help with motivation. I've had a few days off here and there but I'm determined to end what I started. I have done 8 days on level 1, 8 days on level 2 and have done 2 days so far on level 3. I was going for 10 days of each but was getting bored so was switching levels a bit earlier. I must admit though me personally am finding level 3 a bit better than level 2 for some reason.
Here are my statistics so far after 18 days.

Waist across belly button. Was 36 now 32
Waist above belly button Was 34 now 29
Under chest was 32 now 31
Over chest was 37 now 33
Arms were 14 now 13
Thighs were 24 now 23
Calfs were 15.5 now 14.5
Hips were 39.5 now 37
Bum was 40 now 38.5
Weight was 11st 8 now 11st 4

Caldil said:
Hi all I've been doing the 30 day shred and could do with some help with motivation. I've had a few days off here and there but I'm determined to end what I started. I have done 8 days on level 1, 8 days on level 2 and have done 2 days so far on level 3. I was going for 10 days of each but was getting bored so was switching levels a bit earlier. I must admit though me personally am finding level 3 a bit better than level 2 for some reason.
Here are my statistics so far after 18 days.

Waist across belly button. Was 36 now 32
Waist above belly button Was 34 now 29
Under chest was 32 now 31
Over chest was 37 now 33
Arms were 14 now 13
Thighs were 24 now 23
Calfs were 15.5 now 14.5
Hips were 39.5 now 37
Bum was 40 now 38.5
Weight was 11st 8 now 11st 4

Hun your doing fantastic!! I completely get why you moved levels earlier, I have managed 9 days of level 1 but hearing her say the same thing every day is doing my head in :) x

kirstym said:
Hun your doing fantastic!! I completely get why you moved levels earlier, I have managed 9 days of level 1 but hearing her say the same thing every day is doing my head in :) x

That is my thoughts exactly. Plus the music isn't very motivating x

Hi everyone... unfortunately I was away for 2 days for a funeral, so I just resumed level 2... This is my 3rd workout on level 2, but I have missed another 3 so I will add them at the end of level 2, before I move on to level 3! I was somewhat better today, so I have reason to hope!!! The only "bad" thing is that I will finish the shred after Christmas... Anyway, it's much better than nothing!!! So let's keep on shredding Christmas Shredders!!!!! Goodnight everyone!

Day 2 level 1 complete - really enjoying it so far although woke up aching today so maybe I spoke too soon yesterday. Feels good to actually push my body as I'm always a bit lazy with exercise and tend to quit if it hurts or gets hard- hope I keep it up though, feeling motivated at the moment :) x

Hi all and a big welcome the the new joiners to the thread :)

I did day 1 level 3 this morning. Can't do some of the moves though, but I will keep trying!

After a weekend off I an feeling my motivation dip a little, but I'm going to keep at it!

Well done everyone so far
Xxx

Gillian micheals is amazing! I find unlike alot of presenters on these fitness dvd's she doesn't patronise you and she is amazingly motivating! Well done everyone!

Day 1, Level 2 done!! Phew ladies that is hard!! It did feel twice as hard but hopefully it's twice as effective (shhh no one put me wrong as I may give up all hope haha!!) I did on the positive do some Natalie moves (Not many, but some) so hopefully by the end of day 10, level 2 I will be doing the majority at natalie (maybe not the press ups though as I have never been able to do them!!)

Keep shredding ladies :) x

You guys are really motivating me.. Ive started the shred twice got to day 10 of level 1 then stopped because I missed a day and was so mad and disappointed in myself :( how do you guys keep going?

Thank you for the welcome katiegibs! You and all the other shredders are very inspiring :)

Level 1 day 3 complete!

I have been getting up at 6am to do it which I thought would be very tough but actually I quite like it, it's so dark an calm outside and I feel like I am the only one awake in the whole of my town - as mega cheesey as that sounds its nice as it is literally the only me time I get all day!

Muscles do ache but hopefully it will be totally worth it. Have fallen of the wagon eating wise as there is A LOT of chocolate in my office at the mo and it is my biggest downfall. Have two Xmas meals in the next two days but then im finished work until Xmas. Hopefully when I am home during the days I will be able to really focus on what I'm eating and plan my meals properly. Also there is no bad food In my house so there will be no temptation lurking !

Hope you all have a great day! X

chiefbridesmaid said:
You guys are really motivating me.. Ive started the shred twice got to day 10 of level 1 then stopped because I missed a day and was so mad and disappointed in myself :( how do you guys keep going?

To be honest I'm on day 20 and I should really be on 27 as I've missed days due to my kids being poorly, one had to have tonsils out etc. I've just carried on from where I left off. Also there's a few times I've done it twice in a day but that's when I have had the engery, hence only a few times lol. Xx

I've also been using zumba on my Wii which I set myself a 15 hr challenge over a 6 week period taking me to Xmas. I've managed 9hrs so far. So between the shred and zumba I've managed to loose a few inches here and there so I belive it works even if you can't fit in doing it every single day xx

Hello everyone! I am still shredding! I have 5 more days on level 2! For some reason I have crazy hours right now and I haven't been in the forum for a couple of days! I try to keep going with the exercising! Level two is still hard for me, probably because of my smoking! Anyway, I am currently thinking which DVD should I do next. Any recommendations?? Bye bye for now!

Level 3 day 2 done, if I stand on my tippy toes I can see the end :)

I am also looking for my next exercise fix....who would have thought!

i'm back on the shred zone!!! feel much better now

day 13 - level 2 done

will do update my measurements when i get halfway but fit into my size 14 jeans today so chuffed size 12 here I come!

i'm the same katie and athens i've already bought gillians banish fat boost metabolish when i'm done with the shred think that will be my january challenge. this group has really got me motivated thankyou everyone

Last edited:
Hi guys... I am facing a problem... It's 11.10 pm and I think it will be too much If I shred tonight, because of the downstairs neighbors. They can hear everything I do and they have babies in the flat so I hesitate... What should I do? I can't exercise right this minute because I went out for dinner (at about 8 pm) and I think that I need some more time with the food in me!!!! ooohhhh, I don't want to miss it again... I think I might jump at it right now and see what happens!! I will then tell you all about it!! It's so great we are a team!!! Oh and Purple, Banish fat boost metabolism will be my next one I think! We 'll talk about it! Until then, let's shred some inches (cm for me... lol)

Ok, I did my shred for tonight!! Well, I am sad to report that I expected to see a bigger change. The results on me exist but are subtle. I know my legs are stronger, my mid section might be a little better but not much :-( Anyway, I will continue shredding and then move on to something else. Exercise is good for you full stop. I have to add that my diet wasn't exactly perfect, but nothing too much. Maybe it's because I still have a lot to loose, so I can't see what's happening underneath!!!
But this group gives me all the motivation and strength I need to go on!!! thank you all!!

Back