30 day shred!

michmick said:
Day 24 level 3 done today, on my birthday, how motivated am I ?!!!!

Well done your so close now. Can you see a difference?
I had to stop as I've had to move out whilst we're doing some house renovation but I'm going to start from level 2 as soon as I get back home in about a week

What results has everyone seen?

My DVD is on order

I was tempted to measure at the end of L1 but am going to wait until the full 30 days are done - I'll get back to you in 11 days time!!

I started yesterday and cometed D1 of L1! Because i'm doing the couch to 5K I can only commit to doubg the Shred 3 days a week! I will still complete the 10 days on each level but not consecutively it causes too much pain and as my previous attempts proved... Causes me to quit!

So ill be exercising 6 days a week split between couch to 5k and shredding....

I dont know why but Im really excited about it :)

Well done your so close now. Can you see a difference?
I had to stop as I've had to move out whilst we're doing some house renovation but I'm going to start from level 2 as soon as I get back home in about a week

Thanks, I'm amazed as I never stick to exercise this long. For me I really think the 30 day thing works, I want to get to the end. That's why I'll move onto ripped in 30 once this is finished. My weight loss has really slowed but my arms and thighs feel much slimmer. I've not re measured, will do so at day 30 and will let everyone know how I've done!
your house renovation sounds like you've been doing loads anyway so I'm sure you'll find coming back to this not too bad, good luck!

michmick said:
Thanks, I'm amazed as I never stick to exercise this long. For me I really think the 30 day thing works, I want to get to the end. That's why I'll move onto ripped in 30 once this is finished. My weight loss has really slowed but my arms and thighs feel much slimmer. I've not re measured, will do so at day 30 and will let everyone know how I've done!
your house renovation sounds like you've been doing loads anyway so I'm sure you'll find coming back to this not too bad, good luck!

Thanks and good luck to you too

Level 2 day 5 done :) Halfway there now :) It actually feels like I have been doing it so much longer than two weeks!

Got up at 6am and went for a 2.5mile fast walk before doing the shred, I think it made the shred so much easier! Before today I was getting straight out of bed and doing it! I probably won't get to do walk every morning but i'm going to aim for 3-4 days a week.

Level 2 day 5 done :) Halfway there now :) It actually feels like I have been doing it so much longer than two weeks!

Got up at 6am and went for a 2.5mile fast walk before doing the shred, I think it made the shred so much easier! Before today I was getting straight out of bed and doing it! I probably won't get to do walk every morning but i'm going to aim for 3-4 days a week.

I've been doing it first thing too, often not long after getting out of bed but today I pottered around the house a little first - nothing major but just got moving before I started it. I agree with you, it did feel a little easier ('a little' being the key words!).

So, L2 D20 complete and moving on to L3 tomorrow. Just had a sneaky peek at L3. Jumping lunges!!!! Really???!!!! Has Jillian gone completely mad?! Never going to happen in my lifetime - I feel Anita and I are going to be good friends on this next level too :rolleyes:

M Louise H said:
I've been doing it first thing too, often not long after getting out of bed but today I pottered around the house a little first - nothing major but just got moving before I started it. I agree with you, it did feel a little easier ('a little' being the key words!).

So, L2 D20 complete and moving on to L3 tomorrow. Just had a sneaky peek at L3. Jumping lunges!!!! Really???!!!! Has Jillian gone completely mad?! Never going to happen in my lifetime - I feel Anita and I are going to be good friends on this next level too :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness you are scaring me! I got up and did L1 D2 after walking my little boy to school! Soon as I got it without other thinking it I put the DVD on! My arms were already hurting from the last workout so I am not sure how I got through it! I was shouting at the screen at one point and this is only Level 1 lol

L3 D21 done - love this level, much prefer it to L2. I feel I can build up the moves to Natalie's on this one (well, maybe not the jumping lunges) but on L2 I didn't feel I had any chance at all. My proper weights arrived yesterday too so I did it with 1 kilo weights instead of 500g bottles of water!

Day 6 of level 2 done today. Starting to lose motivation :( got through it in the end.

Haven't done 30DS for the past three days - been feeling really poorly :( I feel awful not doing it but I know it would be stupid to attempt it when I feel like this.

Bit gutted because I was due to start Level 3, really looking forward to it. Now I'm worried that not doing it for three days or so will reverse some of my good work and my fitness levels will go down and I won't be able to handle level 3 at all! Oh well. Won't know until I try.

I never thought I'd miss exercise...!

Well ive woken up this morning, having done my first day of shredding yesterday, and i knew i would hurt... Buy blimey i can bearly move! How in earth will i be able to do it again?!

Level 3 Day 1 done. Really enjoyed it. Was really tough but I expected that.

L3 D23 done. I'm worried that I am LOVING the cardio with weights - that can't be normal can it??!!

I'm loving it too!! When she first said Jumping Jacks with weights I was a bit worried but once I started I loved it!!!

Couldn't do it today :( star week began and is killing me. Hopefully I will be able to start back tomorrow. Can't wait to get to level 3, bored of level 2 now x

I know what you mean, I got bored of Level 2. Stick with it though, I personally really like Level 3 so far.

Something I've found with 30DS is that it really does help you get fitter in a ridiculously short space of time. The first couple of times I finished Level 1, I was panting, bright red, covered in sweat (attractive). Now, after Level 3, yeah sure I'm a little sweaty and out of breath but nothing like I was before!

It really does increase your fitness levels. In Level 3 you do butt-kicks and stuff as warm-up - not as cardio. I used to find those really hard as cardio and now I find it a comfortable warm-up. I like that you still do jumping jacks and punches in level 3, but with weights that adds that bit more resistance and makes you feel like you're working for it.

This DVD is the best ten quid I ever spent!!!

Just thought I'd give an update, since completing the shred, I'm doing level 1 ever other day (my favorite level and the one I feel I get the most out of) - I measured today and found I have lost a further 2.5 inches overall so with the original inch loss added that's 11 inches off - not bad eh?! :)

Keep up the good work everyone - it's worth it x

Back