30 day shred!

Just had 3 days off and started back today. Found it really really hard. Not sure if it's cos I had time off or I may be coming down with a cold. Only time will tell!
Day 25, level 3. Only 5 more days til I measure again
I'm also enjoying the cardio with weights but still hate planks Nd fall over trying to do jumping lunges and what the hell are rock star jumps, I certainly don't look like them when I try and do them!!!

Just had 3 days off and started back today. Found it really really hard. Not sure if it's cos I had time off or I may be coming down with a cold. Only time will tell!
Day 25, level 3. Only 5 more days til I measure again
I'm also enjoying the cardio with weights but still hate planks Nd fall over trying to do jumping lunges and what the hell are rock star jumps, I certainly don't look like them when I try and do them!!!

I don't even attempt the jumping lunges, I know my back wouldn't take it. I can't think of one rock star who jumps like Jillian!!!!!!!

I've just ordered this after reading this thread, its due some time before May 1st so I'll start it on that date. I've got some fitness DVDs already but an hour of davina (and her dance/club music!) is too much for me to fit in on a daily basis so I'm hoping this will work out better for me as it looks more motivating and less "sillyness". I'm just hoping my sports bra is up to the job so I don't end up hugging stuff still! Think I'll find some jeans I want to get in to as well as measure. I might end up doing 10 days at each level, or maybe even 15 days, I'll just have to see. I have no intention of not completing all 3 levels, I just might take a while longer to do it!

what happens if you miss a day? i'm just about to do day three, i did day two yesterday and day one two days before that... do i have to start again?

I missed 4 days :eek: and started again yesterday, i'm counting today as Day 5 though... I don;t think it's going to make a HUGE amount of difference to the inch loss - however, the 4 day break REALLY had an effect on my fitness, i had just been getting used to the level of energy required but yesterday was back to being painful and i was panting and sweating as much as i had on Day 1!! no more breaks for me!! :whip:

what happens if you miss a day? i'm just about to do day three, i did day two yesterday and day one two days before that... do i have to start again?

I've missed days before and just carried on from where I've been. I think your body will tell you if you need to do another day at a particular level. The main thing is to move on when you're ready.

Haven't posted here in a few days but i'm still shredding. I did have to skip it yesterday as I was sick. But I did it today, just had to switch to level one because I have a big blister on my foot and level one doesn't require depend on your feet for as many exercises!

Ordered the 30 day shred today, finally :D I can't wait for it to get here so I can start...

Just looking at people saying about weights though, I don't have any weights, what do you use?

Ordered the 30 day shred today, finally :D I can't wait for it to get here so I can start...

Just looking at people saying about weights though, I don't have any weights, what do you use?

I started off with 500ml full water bottles (1/2 kilo each) but did buy some proper weights in the end.

Also, if you don't want to wait for the DVD level 1 is on YouTube.

Just done Day 3 level 1 I do this three times a week combined with couch to 5K three times a week and find that even with the gaps my fitness levels are increasing!

Hi! First day shredder here! Just completed day 1 and was pleasantly surprised with myself- I found it hard but I didn't give up! I have 22days till my first summer holiday abroad so I am going to do my best to do the workout at least 5 times each week (I work 60 hour weeks and by the time I get home in the evening its dinner and bed usually) I can do during the day Tuesday and wed (im a nanny and little one is at nursery then and its my housework time so I'll do it in my break!) Then I'm thinking at least one eve after work plus sat and Sun. Should help me tone up a little by holiday. I'm 7.5lbs from target so hope this helps the final push! :) xx

Hi! First day shredder here! Just completed day 1 and was pleasantly surprised with myself- I found it hard but I didn't give up! I have 22days till my first summer holiday abroad so I am going to do my best to do the workout at least 5 times each week (I work 60 hour weeks and by the time I get home in the evening its dinner and bed usually) I can do during the day Tuesday and wed (im a nanny and little one is at nursery then and its my housework time so I'll do it in my break!) Then I'm thinking at least one eve after work plus sat and Sun. Should help me tone up a little by holiday. I'm 7.5lbs from target so hope this helps the final push! :) xx

Woop woop welcome and enjoy the shred. :) I think it really helps you feel fitter, even if you don't lose that much in terms of weight, it can really help you lose inches and just feel better in general. I've actually fallen a bit in love with this DVD - I'm constantly boring my friends going on about how much I love it haha

ellierose988 said:
Woop woop welcome and enjoy the shred. :) I think it really helps you feel fitter, even if you don't lose that much in terms of weight, it can really help you lose inches and just feel better in general. I've actually fallen a bit in love with this DVD - I'm constantly boring my friends going on about how much I love it haha

Thank you! its great that so many people find it works for them and the fast results must be really good to see! Quick question though, only ordered the dvd today but done level 1 from you tube. I'm sure it will arrive in time but how long do you do each level before moving on? X

Well she says in the DVD to move on "when you're ready", but I, along with most people on here I think, decided to do 10 days of each, thus making it 30 days. Fortunately 10 days in each level does seem to be the right amount for most people, I know I've felt ready to move on after that long. I think it's important to be comfortable with the level you're doing and getting to the point where you're really eager to move on and try the next one.

Back