30 day shred!

Hmm, considering doing this. Found level 1 on YouTube, looks possible to do before or even during (who am I kidding) on holiday. May give it a go.

I love the fact that it's less than 30 minutes - no excuses that 'I don't have time'. The first time I did it in 30 days and was so disappointed to not have lost any inches but this time I can really see a difference.

Hmm, considering doing this. Found level 1 on YouTube, looks possible to do before or even during (who am I kidding) on holiday. May give it a go.
I found it really got me into exercise, I'm now doing the couch to 5k which I'd never have started if it wasn't for this DVD. I didn't lose much weight whilst I was doing it but lost loads of inches, really saw a change in my body shape. I will do it again in the winter when I don't want to go out in the cold!

Have just started this myself - Day 2, Level 1 done and dusted!! And my God, do I LOVE it!! And I'm not going to lie - I am not and never have been a huge exercise fan (no s*** sherlock hmm!), but this is absolutely fantastic!! So quick, (dare I say it?) easy(ish) and best of all....doable! Please note than when I say easy, I don't actually mean easy! But I have been to some HORRID exercise classes in my time.. you can feel this working, but without feeling like you would happily be doing any other dreadful task right at that very moment other than exercise! (please remind me of all this waffle when I'm onto Level 3!?!?)

Looking forward to progressing up the levels and have exactly 30 days from today until I go on holiday :) keep reading about these amazing inch losses so have got my fingers well and truly crossed! :) x

kellythepeg said:
Have just started this myself - Day 2, Level 1 done and dusted!! And my God, do I LOVE it!!

I'm did L1 D3 today so only a day in front. It's great isn't it?!?
I do find myself wishing for circuit 1 to end though...don't like press ups.
I have done part of it before but didn't complete L2 for whatever reason but I'm actually looking forward to doing the lot this time!

I'm did L1 D3 today so only a day in front. It's great isn't it?!?
I do find myself wishing for circuit 1 to end though...don't like press ups.
I have done part of it before but didn't complete L2 for whatever reason but I'm actually looking forward to doing the lot this time!

I hate press-ups, I still can't do them and not sure I'll ever be able to!! Lol, I did find myself feeling slightly stronger towards the end of L1 though - have you moved onto Level 2 yet!? If you didn't like the press ups in L1, you definitely won't like the walk-out press ups in L2, lol :) a colleague of mine showed me an easier way for those of us that are less able (as apparently 'Anita' doesn't like modified versions of walk-out press ups!!) which might interest you if you're there yet :) but who knows - maybe you're a pro now ;) xx

Hi guys! I'm also doing 30 Day Shred, on Day 4 of Level 1 today so sounds like we're all pretty much in the same boat! Loving it though :)

Hey teddysgoldengirl - not sure if you got my reply on my thread? How are you getting on?? Still loving it?? :) Kinda wishing I'd stuck at L1 for a bit longer as not too sure I was ready for L2 and think my performance and progression has been hindered somewhat as I've struggled a bit since then. Really am gonna try and pick up the pace this week though!! :) xx

It's taken me over two months this time around, 70 Day Shred doesn't have the same ring though does it!?!

Ha ha, no Louise - not quite!! ;) brill that you've done it though!! You know what we're all itching to know..erm....inch loss!!!!???? :D xx

Hello
Didn't know if it might be worth me posting my measuements here (don't judge me!!) - might motivate me a little making it public!! Here we go: :sigh:

Bust - 37"
Waist - 34.75"
Belly - 44.5"
Bum - 43.75"
Thigh - 21.75"
Calf - 15.75"
Arm - 12.5"

I'm only on Day 9 so wasn't expecting miracles but had a sneak peak at the tape measure this morning – exactly the flipping same.. not a single inch down!? Maybe .25 of an inch off my waist but pretty much no change whatsoever.. how rubbish! Was meant to be having tonight off but because of my slip up last night (missed 30DS, lots of sleep and had my tea very, very late before even more sleep!) I may have to force myself to do it when I get in tonight..! Lets hope I’m not tipsy or that could be disastrous, lol!.. :eek: xx

Hello there.
I'm on day 3 of Level 2 now which I did at on my lunch break today.
The walking press ups are fine probably because it's just one...with Level 1 I just seemed to run out of steam after about 12 so found myself dropping down to Anita press ups instead. Level 2 is a whole new ball game though isn't it. The squat thrusts are NOT fun and I don't particularly like the last strength set either...oh well only 7 days of that left.

I took measurements on day 1. I'm not going to measure again until I'm done (trying to resist a sneak peek). Weight-wise I'm at target and haven't lost anything since I started but there is certainly improvements in muscle tone so I'm fairly optimistic that my measurements will show some results.

Really interested to know how everyone else is fairing up.

How do people deal with missing a day? So far, if I've missed a day I'll do it in the morning and the evening of the following day?

I think at the start of Level 1 Jillian makes it clear that you should take at least 1 day off (a week - I think!? could be wrong!! don't hold me to it!! :)) from doing the exercise so personally I designated the day/night that I knew I would find the toughest to fit the Shred in - Friday night, as I almost always am out and about doing something! I missed last night though for one reason or another (sleepyness!! lol) so am thinking I probably do want to do it tonight so will try and fit it in when I get in tonight - not sure if this is a little optomistic though!? Getting quite itchy to do it though, especially with weigh in looming tomorrow! Eek!

Do you do it every day solidly then? Wow, that is dedication right there!! :) xx

The first time I did it I did 30 straight days - and was gutted to report no inch loss, in fact my waist was an inch bigger!!!! I had lost 6lbs though and did really feel fitter and more toned. Someone pointed out that I may have lost inches from the places I hadn't measured.

I think it's the beginning of Ripped in 30 that she says to take a day out, but I can't see that a day off here and there will make a huge difference to the Shred. I've only done 1 day this week but it is already 31 degrees in the house and it's only just 9.00am - I'm sweating just typing this, the thought of shredding is not appealing!!

Hi I have just started this, only just finished the first day, my god I feel like Ive beaten up. Places hurt I never knew were there, but I loved it. It's so easy to fit in and lookin forward to seeing results, I measured myself and took a photo, (cringe).fingers crossed in 30 days I will see results

kellythepeg said:
Do you do it every day solidly then? Wow, that is dedication right there!! :) xx

Yep I've been doing it every day. I think you've got it right though, by setting a rest day on a Friday, you're managing your own expectations. I get the guilts and get grumpy if I don't do it when I've told myself I should be.

Oh M Louise H, I think I'd be a gutted if I didn't lose a thing :-S

Well done on getting started slimmingmarie. The pain does ease off after a few day.

I've just got the DVD and sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned but do you do level 1 for 10 days then level 2 for 10 and then 3 for 10? Thanks :)

I've just got the DVD and sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned but do you do level 1 for 10 days then level 2 for 10 and then 3 for 10? Thanks :)

I didn't as I felt as if Level 1 wasn't working me as hard as I'd like (less than 30 days til hols and bikini o' clock!!) and never really massively ached or anything the following day so I moved up to Level 2 after 5 days.. not sure if this was the right thing to do though as ever since I've been a bit hit and miss whereas I was totally dedicated at Level 1 but am struggling to keep up now!! I'd say just do whatever feels right for you but there may be some mathematical scientific logic behind the 10 days, 10 days, 10 days thing so you may have to wait for a better answer :) lol, good luck!! :) xx

I didn't as I felt as if Level 1 wasn't working me as hard as I'd like (less than 30 days til hols and bikini o' clock!!) and never really massively ached or anything the following day so I moved up to Level 2 after 5 days.. not sure if this was the right thing to do though as ever since I've been a bit hit and miss whereas I was totally dedicated at Level 1 but am struggling to keep up now!! I'd say just do whatever feels right for you but there may be some mathematical scientific logic behind the 10 days, 10 days, 10 days thing so you may have to wait for a better answer :) lol, good luck!! :) xx

Aw thanks for the reply, I just thought for someone who hasn't got a goal time it maybe the way to go 10, 10 and 10, I think I'm going to try it that way as it's extra to other exercise I do probably wont do it every day because I do do other exercise :p

Back