30 day shred

Nettee

Silver Member
S: 12st6lb C: 10st5lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 2st1lb(16.67%)
I did it before Christmas - 5 days a week for 6 weeks. I had been doing some exercise before I started - some weights and some cardio. I found that each level started very hard and got easier as I got to day 5ish. Lots of people say that level 2 is harder than 3 - I think they are similar but starting 3 is hard again as it is different.

I lost 8lb and 1 inch from my waist. I am still better at press ups than I was before I did it! It made my knee hurt but I couldn't tell you why. level 2 and 3 have lots of time in plank position doing other exercises. I found Jillian motivating but I think some people find her annoying. For a blow by blow account of my experience and to join some others who have just started look under fitness and exercise on the main forum for a thread called - "anyone up for a 30 day shred challenge."

I really believe that it should not be done daily - if you work a group of muscles you are meant to rest them for 48 hours. But 30 consecutive days has a ring to it for marketing purposes.

It did hurt but not as badly as I expected and I think it is worth it. Good luck!

sparty

Gold Member
S: 10st5lb C: 10st1lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 0st4lb(2.76%)
I'm gonna try this - at least that's what I keep telling myself. I have the DVD I'm just scared how much it will hurt.

Time to bite the bullet and get on with it.

rharbord

S: 11st11lb G: 10st10lb
I've ordered mine last week and am hoping it arrive before Feb starts. just keep thinking it's only for that month. That and diet/detox I hope will work!

MyMarathonChallenge

S: 14st7lb C: 13st13lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 33.5 Loss: 0st8lb(3.94%)
I did this about a year ago, can still remember the pain in my calves!

kellmo

Gold Member
S: 13st12lb C: 10st10lb G: 9st7.0lb Loss: 3st2lb(22.68%)
Hi, I started it today (after a false start back in August!).... I enjoyed it and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting (I KNOW I say this now!....)

Sculls

Silver Member
S: 11st6.5lb C: 10st7.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 0st13lb(8.1%)
I love this DVD! Done it in the summer! Been trying to motivate myself for a while! Done it yesterday and am really struggling to move now! It's well worth it! X

sparty

Gold Member
I really need to start this and stop putting it off!! I know I will like it but its been soooooo long since I last worked out and I have lazyitus!! Argh!!

SlimmingKitchen

Gold Member
S: 9st11.5lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 0st13.5lb(9.82%)
Here is why I want to do the shred again. Here's my progress when I did it.
Unfortunately I am bigger than the first pic now lol!!!

Week1-4-2.jpg

Week1-4-1.jpg

3lbs11inches.jpg

Picture1512.jpg

Picture1520.jpg

Omg... I so need to dig this DVD back out and do it again xxx

sparty

Gold Member
Wow!!!! You look amazing! What a difference!!!

Was this over a month period?

I am sold now I have seen the evidence!!

SlimmingKitchen

Gold Member
Wow!!!! You look amazing! What a difference!!!

Was this over a month period?

I am sold now I have seen the evidence!!

Yes Hun, although I couldn't d it every single day maybe 5 times a week as I suffer with a bad back.
i deffo need to do it again abd get in good shape again xxx

sparty

Gold Member
That's amazing.

I honestly did believe it would work but didn't quite picture it being that much of a difference.

I wish someone had showed me pictured like this when I first got the DVD (in August lol)

Berryred

Gold Member
S: 16st13lb C: 13st8.5lb G: 9st7.5lb BMI: 33.7 Loss: 3st4.5lb(19.62%)
We could do a challenge starting on 1st feb if you like xxx
I'm in xxx I have been cycling every night(turbo trainer upstairs) but have this DVD and need more of a work out bored of the bike!! But too cold to go out running .

SlimmingKitchen

Gold Member
Ok we will start on 1st Feb and try and do the 30 day shred in 30 days if we can. Sometimes I may have to do it every other day as it can be a bit bad for my back lol.

Do one of you want to make a thread for it in the SW teams section so we can all post pics and let each other know how we get on. xxxx

MyMarathonChallenge

S: 14st7lb C: 13st13lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 33.5 Loss: 0st8lb(3.94%)
MrsWilsoncroft said:
Here is why I want to do the shred again. Here's my progress when I did it.
Unfortunately I am bigger than the first pic now lol!!!

Omg... I so need to dig this DVD back out and do it again xxx

Wow, you should promote the DVD, what a result.