30st 5lb Start Weight

I've always had 2 litres a day and I know it boosts my losses so I'm sticking with what I know works. My skin improves, I get less headaches, I feel more alive when I have 2litres xx

Fair enough. :) I just see people on here forcing themselves to drink gallons a day and saying they're never off the loo, lol. The general advice is just drink when you're thirsty and keep an eye on the colour of your wee - it's supposed to be straw coloured, any darker and you're dehydrated, lighter and you're over-hydrating. :) xx

I've had a good day today.

Potato cakes for breakfast

Some weird cheese and wholewheat crackers for lunch

Vege sausage, bacon and beans for tea.

No veges but I'm going to make up for that tomorrow and a yummy salad for my lunch and instead of oven chips with tea (joe has requested panini and chips) I will have salad.

I *may* attempt a banana tomorrow. The texture makes me gag but I do want to try towards my 5 a day.

I don't think I'll have as good a loss as last week but I'm going to give it my all :) x

just been laid here listening to paul oh i love is voice lolol

I've had a good day today. Potato cakes for breakfast Some weird cheese and wholewheat crackers for lunch Vege sausage, bacon and beans for tea. No veges but I'm going to make up for that tomorrow and a yummy salad for my lunch and instead of oven chips with tea (joe has requested panini and chips) I will have salad. I *may* attempt a banana tomorrow. The texture makes me gag but I do want to try towards my 5 a day. I don't think I'll have as good a loss as last week but I'm going to give it my all :) x

I love love love bananas but ONLY if they are greeny / yellow on the outside otherwise they are all mushy and starchy .. Urghhhh

What salad are you having?

I really fancy toad in the hole for some reason! Think I'm having chicken salad instead, sigh.

hi lou
oh i felt so chilled and i dreamed about courgette pasta and healthy food i woke this morning laughing my head off lolol i thought well love least it was not junk hahahahh

it's supposed to be straw coloured, any darker and you're dehydrated, lighter and you're over-hydrating. :) xx

Excellent advice, and, may I add, neon yellow means you've overdosed on the Vit C tablets!

I know this because I once had a hypochondriac boyfriend who after doubling his Vit C tablets in the winter to "prevent a cold" went running to his doctor worried sick about his fluorescent pee!

Oh Hershey! Is your name Lou (ise)?

I've been so overwhelmed lately that I've not had space/time/energy left over to read anyone else's journals or contemplate their problems. I'm sorry :-(

But I got an email today saying this thread, which I sub to, had been updated, so I clicked it and have read some of your posts.

It's made me realise that we are SO ALIKE! The problem with not feeling like drinking cold water in winter ... made me laugh, yes I am the same! But i have a solution for you. This is what I do: take a pint mug or beerglass and fill it 1/2 full with boiling water. Add either a fruit infusion teabag, or freshly squeezed lemon, then top this up to the pint with sparkling water (I pay 17p for a two litre bottle in my Tesco order). Result: a warm, fizzy lemony or (slightly) fruity drink! (Victoria Wood once described fruit tea as tasting like "Drinking hot water from a mug someone once used for Ribena.")

Although our family circumstances are different (you being married with son, me single, childfree, living in shared house) and I am a lot older than you, at 56, our physical problems, mobility issues and issues with food are pretty much identical.

And we are the same weight! (Double take?) What I mean is, we are pretty much the same amount overweight, because although you are a few stone heavier, you are 6 inches taller, so our BMI is almost the same.

Like you I shop online at Tesco, and like you I sometimes fill up my virtual trolley with a load of naughties, and delete them before paying! Like you I prefer to be at home with one or two people not in a crowd. And like you I have developed an aversion to going out. And like you I have been a yo-yo dieter - which means that, like you, I HAVE found a way that works. Our joint problem is sticking to it.

Darling Lou, we are soul sisters and we will stick together. And we will succeed together! You have been "there for me" and I want you to know that I am also "there for you" and that I understand exactly what it's like to be this big AND how hard it is to stick.

Helena xxx

it's supposed to be straw coloured, any darker and you're dehydrated, lighter and you're over-hydrating. :) xx

Excellent advice, and, may I add, neon yellow means you've overdosed on the Vit C tablets!

I know this because I once had a hypochondriac boyfriend who after doubling his Vit C tablets in the winter to "prevent a cold" went running to his doctor worried sick about his fluorescent pee!

Oh Hershey! Is your name Lou (ise)?

I've been so overwhelmed lately that I've not had space/time/energy left over to read anyone else's journals or contemplate their problems. I'm sorry :-(

But I got an email today saying this thread, which I sub to, had been updated, so I clicked it and have read some of your posts.

It's made me realise that we are SO ALIKE! The problem with not feeling like drinking cold water in winter ... made me laugh, yes I am the same! But i have a solution for you. This is what I do: take a pint mug or beerglass and fill it 1/2 full with boiling water. Add either a fruit infusion teabag, or freshly squeezed lemon, then top this up to the pint with sparkling water (I pay 17p for a two litre bottle in my Tesco order). Result: a warm, fizzy lemony or (slightly) fruity drink! (Victoria Wood once described fruit tea as tasting like "Drinking hot water from a mug someone once used for Ribena."

Although our family circumstances are different (you being married with son, me single, childfree, living in shared house) and I am a lot older than you, at 56, our physical problems, mobility issues and issues with food are pretty much identical. And we are the same weight! (Double take? What I mean is, we are pretty much the same amount overweight, because although you are a few stone heavier, you are 7 inches taller, so our BMI is almost the same. Like you I shop online at Tesco, and like you I sometimes fill up my virtual trolley with a load of naughties, and delete them before paying! Like you I prefer to be at home with one or two people not in a crowd. And like you I have developed an aversion to going out. And like you I have been a yo-yo dieter - which means that, like you, I HAVE found a way that works. Our joint problem is sticking to it.

Darling Lou, we are soul sisters and we will stick together. And we will succeed together! You have been "there for me" and I want you to know that I am also "there for you" and that I understand exactly what it's like to be this big AND how hard it is to stick.

Helena xxx
(Edited to change 6 inches taller to 7 inches taller. My boyfriend said, don't bother to edit, there isn't that much different between 6 inches and 7. Hmmm. we totally disagree, don't we, girls?)
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Phew I've just done a Leslie sansone video. Admittedly I only did 14 mins instead of 15 but she was buffering and my back was starting to hurt.
And, I didn't do it as fast as she was going but I'm probably 20 stone heavier than her.
And I did it in front of the mirror so I could fat shame myself into losing weight.
And now I'm tired and need a shower.

But, I'm proud of myself for doing it. I haven't done purposeful exercise for about 3 months so although it wasn't much it was still a lot more than I have been doing.

It wasn't too bad, my back was hurting and I started to feel a bit sick but I pushed through. I really am so very unfit.

I want to do that once a day, it's only 15 mins so it's nothing really but when I'm in it, its the longest 15 minutes ever!!

Apparently I've burned 165 calories, which is good, and I haven't eaten today yet so I'm in the negative on mfp.

I've just had to buy some new scales. I've had my current ones less than a year but every 2 days the batteries are dying and I'm getting fed up of replacing them!! I can't remember where I got them from so can't send them back, but I will keep looking through my emails.

Hopefully the new ones will last a bit bloody longer!! It's not as though I was using them 24 hours a day! Only once each day, that's not much to ask!

Hopefully the new ones will arrive by Friday, if not it'll have to be a later weigh in :(

Ok, I'm nearly falling asleep!! How bad is that!! I didn't get to sleep until 4am. I just want to sleep like a normal person!

I'm either off to shower or zzzzzzz

Wow well done on doing the Leslie Sansone, love, that is brill!!! I've only got so far as setting the tablet up in the kitchen lol.

And sorry for sparking the water debate - I had read your post as saying 4 litres (not pints!). :brainfart:

Hi Hershey,
I've just had a read of all your posts and it sounds like you are doing fantastic! I'm keen to try those walking videos too, my job has changed from one where I walked loads to being stuck in one building all day so thought they might get me motivated! Just hope no one catches me mid walk haha.

I look forward to reading more of your updates ☺️ I have 3 cats (and a guinea pig!) so I feel your pain at their antics - mine cause no end of trouble! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Wow well done on doing the Leslie Sansone, love, that is brill!!! I've only got so far as setting the tablet up in the kitchen lol. And sorry for sparking the water debate - I had read your post as saying 4 litres (not pints!). :brainfart:

Gosh 4 litres!! I'd drown myself if I drank that much! I don't even think I could manage that in the summer :D

No, I have my 4 pints, and that keeps me topped up and feeling healthy :) x

Amazing effort on the exercise well done!

I really feel for you on the sleep front. On the rare occasion I can't fall asleep I feel like it's mental torture!! It would be so easy to use that as an excuse to eat crap but not only are still doing amazingly food wise you're exercising too!!

You're awesome Hershey

Amazing effort on the exercise well done! I really feel for you on the sleep front. On the rare occasion I can't fall asleep I feel like it's mental torture!! It would be so easy to use that as an excuse to eat crap but not only are still doing amazingly food wise you're exercising too!! You're awesome Hershey

Thank you :) not quite awesome but I'm trying! X

Food today:

Not healthy at all I'm afraid :/

No breakfast

Some cheese and pineapple and crisps at lunch

Panini and a few wedges for tea

Ugh

I was going to have salads and fruit but that hasn't happened. But I did exercise so it's not a completely terrible day.

Will try again tomorrow

Still not loads of cals though hun so don't worry. Xx

Hope you get some quality zzz tonight love! xxx
me too!!

I'm going to try my very hardest to be up and showered at least in the morning, so by 12. I've been sleeping in late as I've not been sleeping over night so my days are ruined.

The meal on the fridge list is roast beef and all the trimmings tomorrow so I want to do that and get some real housework done, not just tidying up the main bits like the kitchen and lounge.

I say all this now but it all depends on what happens tonight in bed!! X

sleep update doll ? I'm thinking since it's noon and you haven't posted it's not great :-(

i had the worst case ever of cystitis last night - my antibiotics didn't touch it initially so I took a tramadol left over from an op I had in june at about 2am to knock myself out. 10 hours later I am still absolutely out of it!! OMG!

Ouch, hope you're feeling better! The cystitis drinks from Sainsburys/Asda are pretty decent if I say so myself - I had a weak dose and within one drink it'd got rid of it but they were relatively pleasant tasting (as things like that can be) so finished the course (all of three days)

Hope you got some sleep love :) How are you today? xx

Back