30st 5lb Start Weight

OMG you absolutely have to drink! I know the fear but water flushes out all the infection (unless it's really severe then you'll need antibiotics.) My consultant says that not drinking tons of water when you have cystitis is a cardinal sin - you must. I know I'm being really bossy but having 20 infections in 18months and talking about it ad nauseum to some of the leading surgeons and doctors in europe - honestly I know that water will help it 100%

OMG you absolutely have to drink! I know the fear but water flushes out all the infection (unless it's really severe then you'll need antibiotics.) My consultant says that not drinking tons of water when you have cystitis is a cardinal sin - you must. I know I'm being really bossy but having 20 infections in 18months and talking about it ad nauseum to some of the leading surgeons and doctors in europe - honestly I know that water will help it 100%

Ok boss :) I shall drink plenty :) thank you for caring xx

I found a good write up about what foods to eat so I shall be following that too:

http://bodysoulmind.net/body/food-and-diet-to-cure-cystitis-and-urinary-tract-infections

Looks like I'll be having potato and salad for tea and not the lasagne I had planned on making x

Oh hun I was catching up and cheering when i read you got some sleep in the night and then got to the cat bit...let's hope the cat behaves tonight!

I keep mine inside - she didn't like it at first but there's too many foxes around my place and i was terrified she'd be carried away :eek: (trust me, it happens, i grew up on a farm!) - so maybe keep the cat inside and prepare for 1-2 nights of meowing?

And BOO to the totm, get the nurofen (or whatever you use) down you - keep ahead of that pain! :( xxx

Thanks for that link! Will defo check it out :)

Just had tea in bed. I'm so sore I can hardly move so joe made me a meal from the ingredients on the approved list for cystitis and brought it up to bed for me. I'm so glad he's home.

I had 2 x small jackets pots, celery sticks, mixed salad leaves, grated carrot, grated Apple, grated cucumber, chopped walnuts mixed with nat yog. Was actually really tasty.

He said I look very very pale :/ hopefully that food will perk me up a bit.

image-226938034.jpg

Oh hun I was catching up and cheering when i read you got some sleep in the night and then got to the cat bit...let's hope the cat behaves tonight! I keep mine inside - she didn't like it at first but there's too many foxes around my place and i was terrified she'd be carried away :eek: (trust me, it happens, i grew up on a farm!) - so maybe keep the cat inside and prepare for 1-2 nights of meowing? And BOO to the totm, get the nurofen (or whatever you use) down you - keep ahead of that pain! :( xxx

I'm going to close the door tonight and use ear plugs. They will meow for a week if it means they get let in!
When I've locked them out the bedroom I've opened the door and found 3 of them in a queue outside it!! The other one sleeps on Dunc's bed.

Scary that foxes take the cats :(

I'm dosing up on mefenamic acid and paracetamol. It's helping a little xx

Huge difference on the pictures love, congratulations and well done! :)

Hope you feel better soon :( My best friend was hospitalised with a severe kidney infection last week and has been signed off for at least 2 weeks and told that it'll take her probably even longer to feel 100% again so I can imagine how you feel :( It's no fun being a woman!

Thank you PSP xx

I'm so gutted I've not been able to do my exercise today :( I was actually beginning to enjoy pushing myself!!!! Typical!!

Maybe tomorrow I can try 1 x 15 min one just so I don't fall out of the swing of things.

I've had around 600 cals today. I'm not even hungry. I had that tea just to get the goodness in me to help my bladder.

One day I will feel 100%!! One day! Xx

Aw bless ya Hun! That's a lot of infections!!! Can I ask what your urologist has suggested? I only ask as my friend had recurrent kidney infections and kidney stones. Any suggestions would be great :)
Have all yours cleared up now? Hope so!

Get better soon Lou!!! Well done on being fab with the good side of things! You are smashing it :)

I hope you feel better soon! Don't forget to get plenty of vitamin C, loads of citrus fruit if you can or munch on some tablets if that works- help boost your immune system a tad. I sound like my mother now, so I will shut up!

Aw bless ya Hun! That's a lot of infections!!! Can I ask what your urologist has suggested? I only ask as my friend had recurrent kidney infections and kidney stones. Any suggestions would be great :) Have all yours cleared up now? Hope so!

So it depends. I had a lot of tests done (the benefit of private medical insurance) to rule out any underlying conditions which it did.

My kidney infections were caused by incredibly aggressive urinary tract infections that weren't treated quickly enough or with inadequate, resistant antibiotics so spread to my kidneys. And my god you know the difference. Feverish, sick, you feel like you're dying! Cystitis is utterly miserable and can be agony but it's very different to kidney infections.

Both urologists and a gynaecologist that I saw said some people are simply unlucky and get lots of UTI bouts for no real reason. Like some people get coughs and colds or stomach bugs (which I hardly ever get - UTIs seem to be my thing!). So I have to drink 2 litres of water a day every single day of my life without exception. Any drink with caffeine (coke, coffee) or alcohol does not qualify. For every alcoholic drink I have I must have an equal amount of water (in addition to my 2l). Every time I have sex (or the ahem, the equivalent ... Think rabbit .... TMI soz) I have to go for a wee straight after. If I exercise I have to drink more than my 2l.

Following those appts, I have been given very good, non resistant antibiotics and am allowed to self diagnose now. I've had enough infections to recognise immediately what it is and mine are always severe. So I take 1 antibiotic the second I feel the symptoms coming on. Usually that's it and gets it. If it doesn't I switch to my other antibiotics which always gets what the first ones havent. GPs hate this approach but they really have little idea about antibiotics that's why they're so bloody resistant now. If neither of my tablets work I have to go to the surgery and get very very strong ones that are not often prescribed (to prevent resistance).

All the doctors agree water is absolutely vital in clearing up any UTI or kidney infection. 2l rule goes out the window and you drink as much as you can (obvs not 20l but you get the gist). None of them believe in cranberry. They say there is some evidence it receives the discomfort when wee'ing but that's the most it does and there's very little evidence it works at all. I still take them though! Painkillers help they say to relieve pain. But really if it's mild you'll flush it out with water, and if it's more severe it's only going with antibiotics.

If your friend really is getting kidney infections completely independently of UTIs (ie it's not spread from there) I would say it absolutely needs to be investigated. I would push aggressively for it. If it stems from UTIs I can only suggest following the advice I was given and push for a referral to see if she can get antibiotics to self prescribe, but they can't be abused so doc would have to trust her ;-) I've only had 3 in the last 18m so have seen a big improvement.

Omg - essay!! Sorry Hershey!!!!!!

Don't worry about me :) you carry on!

I'm learning all sorts ;)

Sounds like you've had your fair share of it and I'm glad to read you are just about managing to control it.

Katie price was on CBB talking about her getting cystitis after sleeping with her ex as he had a big you know what! You should have seen the glare joe shot me!! Like I'd been out boinking Dirk Diggler or something!!!!

I'm in bed again after having a brief venture down stairs. Dunc is making cakes at school tomorrow so had to assist in measuring out his ingredients or the whole kitchen would have a light dusting of flour and a crunchy sugary floor if I had left him to his own devices.

The cats have been thrown out of the bedroom and the door closed. I've got my earplugs ready to go and hopefully nothing wakes me up tonight!! Fingers crossed! X

Woke up at 3:30 :| not cats or move or tablets but pain and the need to wee. Had my wee and now in more pain.

Joe very kindly got me some painkillers from downstairs and let the cats in, hopefully the mouse shop has closed for the night and they are here to sleep!

This has become Lou's 'how much pain and insomnia can one person take' diary and if I lose weight as well then it's a bonus!

Sorry if my moaning is doing anyone's head in :D I'm not depressed, still in good spirits thanks to the selective serotonin re uptake inhibitors I'm popping once a day, it's just fed upedness that I can't treat!

Any who, I'm off to stare at the wall for a while, then I will find I can't sleep so I'll go browsing for new things to not buy online, then I'll get bored of not being able to buy things (I promised joe I'd stop buying new clothes until I dropped a couple of sizes), then I'll watch some more Dexter and then Duncan and Joe will go off to work and school and then some time after that I'll fall asleep.

Xx

Don't worry about me :) you carry on! I'm learning all sorts ;) Sounds like you've had your fair share of it and I'm glad to read you are just about managing to control it. Katie price was on CBB talking about her getting cystitis after sleeping with her ex as he had a big you know what! You should have seen the glare joe shot me!! Like I'd been out boinking Dirk Diggler or something!!!! I'm in bed again after having a brief venture down stairs. Dunc is making cakes at school tomorrow so had to assist in measuring out his ingredients or the whole kitchen would have a light dusting of flour and a crunchy sugary floor if I had left him to his own devices. The cats have been thrown out of the bedroom and the door closed. I've got my earplugs ready to go and hopefully nothing wakes me up tonight!! Fingers crossed! X

Pmsl at Dirk / Joe!

Well done on chucking the cats out :)

Hope you slept well x

Oh just read your next post on the next page -bad sleep, you poor thing :-(

Can't imagine what it must be like.

At least you're nailing the diet! Every cloud ;-)

I've been doing exceptionally well on my diet but a sneaky weigh on the new scales shows no loss :(

I imagine though that my poorly bladder and totm bloat is to contribute. I don't expect I'll get a loss this week on the scales but I do wish I'd measured because everything seems smaller!!

I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror again yesterday and I can definitely see less chin. Joe says I have dimples now lol!!

And my tummys (I have 2 :D ) are definitely smaller too :)

Next week is 4 weeks so if I'm gunning for 2 stone total by then and will work my butt off until I make it! I'm determined!! X

Back